Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:17 AM

15 posts, read 90,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambied421 View Post
It looks like Hemet and Sage may be out. My classmate from California informed me that the Hemet school district needs to be avoided, and has further verified everything that was said by all of the respondents to this post. The community and school systems are very important to me....I am now looking more at Norco, Winchester, Fallbrook, and DeLuz. The Temecula school district is top notch, and so is Norco. I am flying out again in 3 weeks for the next round of house hunting. Are there any places, or subdivisions in particular, that anyone would recommend? Thanks everyone.
I have searched all over...Depending on your needs...New homes in Morning Star Ranch, called Verandas- very nice...the aprox 3K SF home was A$440K, the 33K SF (aprox) home was $460K... Northington Ridge and Stratton Pointe- alot of house for the money- that one falls in Hemet SD, but 1 mi is a Temecula Prep school that's open to all districts, or use another address to get the kids to nearby Tem or Murrieta schools... The element appears like Murrieta, that I like...I'm trying to research crime in the area if anyone knows??? Just hoping that Hemet doesn't spill into this area would be my concern...???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2007, 01:40 AM

15 posts, read 90,584 times
Exclamation Temecula/Murrieta/FrenchValley

Depends what you're looking for..I'm in Murrieta and I love it...Temecula, which is close by and nice, however, it is getting very crowded..IT has it's YUPPY element now..which is sad, recently left that in Orange County!! We now need a larger home with RV parking -room enough to keep it hidden and it's very difficult to find a larger lot- especially to accomidate RV...I've looked all over with existing and new homes..existing homes-lots of "short sales" and REO's..but the banks are a PIA to deal with!!! A lot of nice homes...Every nice development has HOA... As far as French Valley- It's kind of crazy/confusing... THe city is called Winchester..There's a small section that they say it's Murrieta, not sure if that's actually the mailing address there? The Schools Districts in that area are Temecula, Murrieta, Menifee and Hemet... Temecula and Murrieta are the best..You can check on www.greatschools.com or schoolmatters and check the rating for the schools in those areas..Temecula has a prep school and a couple charter schools, that will take the kids from other SD's if you're willing to transport...so that's great..I've checked many new home developments and can recommend some if you specify size you're looking for...we just put a deposit on a new home in Winchester- It appears really nice...I just want to confirm about crime or gangs, - I haven't heard of any problems there, just want to confirm!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:25 PM

482 posts, read 901,980 times
Just to put my two cents worth in:

Make sure you ask about property taxes and HOA dues. Some developments have bonds (another tax) that can raise your taxes to 2%. You'll find that one development has mello roos type taxes and just across the street there will be none. So make sure your agent knows the tax base of the development you choose BEFORE you go and visit and fall in love with a house. Good luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 08:11 AM

17 posts, read 52,272 times
Default winchester/temecula/menifee

Hi just looking at threads , im moving to CA year or so , im doing research hard !!, its worse than at college , now ok my wife , n kids are moving to winchester/minifee/temecula, preferably winchester due to research. But out of the 3 which is the better one , and what is actually the zip code its not 92596 is it ? now the schools in these areas through forums research all looking good ! but in your opinion as a resident what do you think, we would be commuting to work etc.. LA,SD etc... and 1-1.5hr commute is what we are used too. We are just looking at houses and when we put in the respective cities/towns , this code keeps popping up 92596, any info is most appreciated. thanks.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:20 AM

17 posts, read 52,272 times
Oh also info on crime in these areas too we want to be able to walk the dog anytime of the day without having some pepper spray in my pocket walking around weary lol!
no but you understand , we looking for quiet areas in kindof middle of nowhere where we can drive to the action hence these 3 choices for the kids purposes , education , etc..
thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties