Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:50 PM

661 posts, read 838,439 times

Advertisements

Its hard for Section 8 renters to find homes in Moreno Valley these days, they have limits. I don't know the limits, but when we rented a house it was $1,250 for a 2 bedroom, most homes in Moreno Valley are $1,500+ these days, and the tenants cannot pay the difference legally. Temecula and Murrieta are well over $2,000 a month for a single family home in rent on average, the newer apartment hitting $1,600+, so you're not going to see a lot of section 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 04:45 PM

26,825 posts, read 26,973,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
I wouldnt have made a point of it if you hadnt chosen to be obtuse in such smug fashion.
Talk about smug.

Quote:
Well, don't act like you didn't understand exactly what he was trying to say.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:39 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,495,591 times
I always thought an ex-burb was a former burb.

Old 06-02-2019, 04:22 AM

111 posts, read 328,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Its hard for Section 8 renters to find homes in Moreno Valley these days, they have limits. I don't know the limits, but when we rented a house it was $1,250 for a 2 bedroom, most homes in Moreno Valley are $1,500+ these days, and the tenants cannot pay the difference legally. Temecula and Murrieta are well over $2,000 a month for a single family home in rent on average, the newer apartment hitting $1,600+, so you're not going to see a lot of section 8.
You wont see a lot of advertised "section8" but what is going on is, nice, newer "luxury" type of apartments offer units Below Market Rate aka "BMR" units.

When builders submit their plans to to the city for approval, the city requires them to offer so many BMR units for "affordable housing" The rent for those units is based off the persons income or how much they pull in on govt assistance and the limits set by the affordable housing program which is handled by the County of Riverside.

You would be surprised how many new expensive apt complexes these "low income" people are able to get into and live for dirt cheap,

Old 06-03-2019, 05:42 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,712,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
People go where the housing is affordable. I know a lot of coworkers from south LA who have family members who left the area. Most commonly I hear them say their families are in Palmdale, Victorville, or the areas around Moreno Valley/Perris/Hemet. Some have mentioned Vegas, but never coastal areas. That's completely anecdotal evidence so take it for what it is, but the LA Times recently had an article about a lady who spent two hours each way commuting from the Perris area to her job at the LA County courthouse where she had worked for decades. The lady talked about the struggles of raising her kids while renting in South LA. Over a decade ago she moved way out there to afford a nicer place with better schools for her kids and would keep doing this until she retired in two years.

The crazy thing was that the article talked about her struggles but then ended with her talking about her rent increase for the townhouse she rents way out there!! Why would you go that far and commute every day yet not try to buy something? What was the point of all that if you're still renting? Maybe she was hoping her kids would buy a house and she could live with them for retirement.

If I recall correctly, she used her money to help put her kids through college.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,381 times
The undertone of these threads should not let anyone mistake this region for what is has become; a thriving - safe - ambitious collection of communities. Social events everyday and a regular influx of fun loving weekenders,

Old 12-11-2019, 07:05 PM

54 posts, read 69,046 times
I had to chime in here about the section 8 renters. When nothing is available locally, the state will offer you a remote location to move to. I live in Needles, and there are many from the LA area who have relocated here. When you are desperate for housing, I guess even in the furnace of California, it sure beats homelessness!

Old 12-13-2019, 12:33 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,564,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrilander View Post
I had to chime in here about the section 8 renters. When nothing is available locally, the state will offer you a remote location to move to. I live in Needles, and there are many from the LA area who have relocated here. When you are desperate for housing, I guess even in the furnace of California, it sure beats homelessness!
My god!!! Needles??? That's as close as you can get to dumping them in Nevada or Arizona without technically doing so!

...Which agencies are involved in sending them out there? San Bernardino County Housing Authority?

The State of California, itself, wouldn't be directly involved in that. It would be a county agency.

Old 12-17-2019, 11:45 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,787,072 times
The simple answer is that Murrieta/Temecu!a are definitely not ghetto areas They are very safe and clean affluent cities.

Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 AM

80 posts, read 54,426 times
Quote:
Well, don't act like you didn't understand exactly what he was trying to say. At this point "South Central" is a culturally iconic term that says more than just a geographic location.

Yeah, basically his post is a racist one with a focus on low income black and hispanic folk. We all knew what he meant. Not only do the rich leave the inner cities, the poor do too. Some find a better life and get off section 8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties