Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2019, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 939 times

Advertisements

Good Evening, I am posting on this forum because I am at my wits end and all out of options

I was a victim of a terroristic attack where the property owners ( husband and wife ) of the house in which I was living ( who did not themselves live there ) held me hostage for some 90 minutes, assaulted and battered me and held a knife to my throat - all for the purpose of getting me to sign a move-out agreement. They even forced me to make a video saying that I was moving out voluntarily, which they forced me to record over and over again until it was to their satisfaction ( they deleted the ones that weren't "authentic" enough" )

They also threatened to kill me if I told anyone. I called 911 as soon as they let me loose

The tragically ironic aspect of this is that they have surveillance cameras mounted throughout the house via the "RING" audio-visual recording devices. The crime was ALL captured on video, which they said they would be deleting, and this they indeed did; because when police arrived shortly thereafter no footage was available.

Hesperia police certainly have the resources and the authority as well as the werewithal to gather the deleted surveillance of this diabolical attack but have made no move to do so

They also have not impounded the electronic equipment ( desktop computer, mobile phones, ipads etc ) that is synced to the Ring surveillance devices ( via apps )

They've made no move to impound the smart phone on where the video that I was forced to act out that I was moving of my own free will was recorded. I was forced to do the performance several times to the perpertrators satisfaction, so the deleted vids on the smart phone are certainly subject to recovery

Most baffling: after contacting Ring LLC and inquiring about them co-operating with law enforcement to recover the audio-visual surveillance of the crimes committed against me ; and receving an enthusiastic response from Ring indicating a desire to cooperate, the Hesperia police has took no action to gain the footage of this nefarious crime.

Moreover, representatives from Ring have even taken the highly unusual step of reaching out to hesperia police ( at my request ) but this agency just isn't interested in pursuing the case

Has anyone else had this experience and if so ; how did it get resolved ? The police in hesperia are essentially san Bernardino county deputies but attempts to resolve the matter with their admin division has been futile as they wont even respond

The District Attorney for San Bernardino County has extended some limited support but categorically stated they can do nothing if the police will not give them the case. I did request the DA's office take over the investigation before evidence disappears ( this occurred some two weeks back ) but the office of the DA does not initiate any investigation absent the police sending them the case and that will never happen b/c they aren't even seeking evidence

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 06:33 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times
Cool story Bro. Let us know when you've published the book.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:47 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,543,907 times
Maybe get out of their house???

It doesn't sound like this was your first warning. People don't usually resort to acting that way unless they're at wits end.

Old 03-28-2019, 10:37 AM

8,329 posts, read 2,960,691 times
That's what can happen when you don't pay your rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties