Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 09:37 AM
CVD CVD started this thread

3 posts, read 3,686 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My family and I are currently in the process of moving and are interested in moving into The Preserve.

For current residents who live there, I was wondering if I could get some insight? I know there have been threads in the past about The Preserve but I didn't see anything recent for 2019 so I hope creating this thread is ok.

1. Pros/cons about living here? Is The Preserve your forever home or would you consider moving again?

2. I noticed there are 2 different association fees? Can anyone explain that?

3. I also heard that not all communities get access to The Parkhouse. Is that true? Is the gym located in the Parkhouse? One of the things I was looking forward to was having gym access, but if not all communities are able to use it, I would have to choose my community more wisely. I was interested in a house in the Birchwood/Greenbrier community but I'm not sure they have gym access now.

4. How is the fireworks noise around 4th of July? Is it quiet or can you hear fireworks from all over?

5. How expensive is it for you to live here? Considering mortgage, HOAs, Mello roos? We are still in between purchasing a brand new built house vs a house that's already been built.

6. Is a completely new or used house better?

Thanks in advance for reading my post and answering my questions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2020, 11:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,439 times
if chino is the best you can do then the preserve is the best area , most of chino is ghetto especially the other side of the city but the preserve feels like a whole other city seperate to the rest of chino I feel like . & It’s close enough to eastvale that I just tell people I live in eastvale and to answer your other question 4th of July in chino is out of control.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:20 AM

22 posts, read 52,511 times
I have to completely disagree with the poster above saying that Chino is ghetto. Chino is one of the nicer cities in Southern California and was rated one of the top communities to raise a family in. Not to mention the school district is one of the top rated in San Bernardino County. It is expensive to live in Chino, but well worth it if you have kids that’ll be attending school here.

Every city has its “bad” areas, which would best he described in Chino as lower income, and that is in the center of the city, nearest City Hall. It is appropriately patrolled, as is the rest of the city, to ensure a constant police presence is known. A large majority of the Chino Police Department officers are Chino residents/alumni. They take pride in the city and want to keep the city a safe place to live for not just your family, but their own.

The is an uptick in the homeless Population here just as in every other city in the United States, and more locally, Southern California. Take a drive through cities as populous as the city of Chino, and let me know your findings. Chino is a very safe place to live, a great place to send your children to school for a quality education, and a police department that has a personal interest In keeping the community as safe as possible.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:36 PM

40 posts, read 54,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer3801 View Post
Chino is a very safe place to live, a great place to send your children to school for a quality education, and a police department that has a personal interest In keeping the community as safe as possible.
Yes, by what you are descrbing he is talking about the preserve area. Chino overall is not a safe place to live. Maybe you are referring to Chino Hills? Good indication of whether an area is ghetto is how well the fireworks are kept under control during July 4th.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:18 PM

22 posts, read 52,511 times
I’m referring to the City of Chino. I myself live here, I raise my kids here. They’ve attended the elementary, junior and high schools. And you consider an area “ghetto” based on the illegal fireworks? Lol They aren’t confined to the “ghetto”. In fact, drive down the Cajon Pass on the 4th of July, and watch them light up all of Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, Fontana, Ontario, Norco, Chino & Chino Hills. They’re everywhere.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:44 PM

40 posts, read 54,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mer3801 View Post
I’m referring to the City of Chino. I myself live here, I raise my kids here. They’ve attended the elementary, junior and high schools. And you consider an area “ghetto” based on the illegal fireworks? Lol They aren’t confined to the “ghetto”. In fact, drive down the Cajon Pass on the 4th of July, and watch them light up all of Rancho Cucamonga, Claremont, Fontana, Ontario, Norco, Chino & Chino Hills. They’re everywhere.
Now it makes sense why you are backing up Chino with all your heart lol. All the places you mentioned are either ghetto or adjacent to a ghetto city. You won't see the sky being brightened up if you drive by decent cities. Maybe you will see one here and there, but definitely not at the brightness of the cities you mentioned. Some of the cities you mentioned also need to stop partying and blasting up the Mexican music until 3AM. People need to sleep you know what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties