Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:26 AM

612 posts, read 1,513,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Ojai

Antelope Valley
Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1974 View Post
A short drive into the San Gabriel Mountains will bring you to the quant little village of Mt. Baldy. Head west on the 210 and take the Mountain Avenue exit. Turn right and it will eventually take you up a pretty canyon to the village. If you want to go on a very short hike continue up the road beyond Mt. Baldy Village until you reach Manker Flat Campground. Park your vehicle and walk up Falls Road 1/2 mile to San Antonio Falls. You'll need a National Forest Adventure Pass that costs $5/day or $30/year. If you don't like crowds I wouldn't go up there on the weekend. If you want to check out another trail in the area, Icehouse Canyon is a good choice.
Yeah will check this out. Thanks!

Old 04-22-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post
Drive to Huntington Beach or Santa Monica to rent a bike for a ride along the beach. Also the Pacific Electric trail in Rancho Cucamonga has a long flat stretch for walking or biking. You can also walk the equestrian trail on Banyan which is straight and the grades are gentle. More pedestrians than horses on that trail.
I had visited Santa Monica few years back and met lots of traffic around in the area, so was thinking to skip going to LA side. Am not sure how bad the traffic is near Huntington Beach. But I would love to go if there is less traffic. I was also looking into metro option.

I looked at Pacific Electric trail, but couldn't find the exact points where the trail meets in Rancho Cucamonga. Is there any area where I can park my car and walk on the trail and come back? I am closer to Victoria Gardens, so if the trail is nearby I can just walk there too.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:39 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I would recommend that you NOT go to Palm Springs after late May until maybe late Sept.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:34 PM

817 posts, read 922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
I had visited Santa Monica few years back and met lots of traffic around in the area, so was thinking to skip going to LA side. Am not sure how bad the traffic is near Huntington Beach. But I would love to go if there is less traffic. I was also looking into metro option.

I looked at Pacific Electric trail, but couldn't find the exact points where the trail meets in Rancho Cucamonga. Is there any area where I can park my car and walk on the trail and come back? I am closer to Victoria Gardens, so if the trail is nearby I can just walk there too.
You can go to Central Park on the NW corner of Baseline and Milliken, which is about 2 miles from Victoria Gardens. The trail runs along the northern edge of the park. It is paved and flat for about 3 miles in each direction.

Another entrance is at the Route 66 Trailhead on Foothill Blvd West of Vineyard. There is a parking lot for trail users. If you walk to the Northeast, it is about 2 miles and 150 feet uphill by the time it reaches Archibald Ave. At this point the trail turns straight east and is fairly level for several miles (passing Central Park on the way).

If you head west from the Route 66 Trailhead you can go about 8 miles west but you have about 250 feet uphill on the way back.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:42 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,649,252 times
Jump the train, Pacific Surfliner will take you up the coast and you can get off at anyone of the many coastal cities, take your bike too. I’ll bet you will like downtown Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo. Very close to train depot.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 510 times
I live in Joshua Tree and own an Airbnb (as do hundreds of others in our small desert town)! I frequently get solo female guests and they are eager to explore JTNP alone, or there are a few excursion outfitters in town. One of my female guests booked a sunset tour of the park with an outfitter and said it was the best experience she'd had! They took 2-3 short hikes and met up with an astronomer who let her stargaze through his telescope while explaining the constellations and all the stars! She said it was magic. I dearly love our Mojave desert and encourage you to visit. Even in the summer, the weather is breezy and pleasant after the sun goes down

Old 06-24-2019, 11:55 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Howdy, optimisticStar:

Usually Reno PepperMill comped us a suite two times a year for three nights.
Get a Player's card.

shows...food...gambling...
We have had much fun there.
Sometimes we got lucky playing video poker,etc.

https://www.peppermillreno.com/
Drive Safely...Best of Luck...

Old 07-21-2019, 10:18 PM

4 posts, read 6,935 times
MAMMOTH LAKES
is a beautiful place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties