Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 04:22 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,487,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Exactly. There isn't any kind of draw out there. I-15 is a mess and CalTrans does not have it as a high priority to add more lanes in the desert. There is no big business center out there and no University out there to draw in the brain power. Plus it is so far from LA or even Riverside (where there is a UC and growing business community).

I'd say San Bernardino gets completely gentrified before Baker even sees a new neighborhood go in.
Agree totally. San Bernardino still has "good bones" as far as housing goes. Baker has almost none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 12:22 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,949,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Baker??? LOL, you dreamer!
Nope, not a joke... After a successful express railway from LA to Vegas installed with several stops in all the towns on 15 freeway, more developers will be interested in building more new homes there, including Baker, CA. But, that's a long way off, of course.

When built-out about 50-100 years later, Los Angeles and Las Vegas metropolitan area staying close to 15 freeway will be the largest in the whole United States. There are no plans to build a Los Angeles to Phoenix railway in a lifetime. Invest in a Las Vegas home before Phoenix.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:35 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,549,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
Nope, not a joke... After a successful express railway from LA to Vegas installed with several stops in all the towns on 15 freeway, more developers will be interested in building more new homes there, including Baker, CA. But, that's a long way off, of course.

When built-out about 50-100 years later, Los Angeles and Las Vegas metropolitan area staying close to 15 freeway will be the largest in the whole United States. There are no plans to build a Los Angeles to Phoenix railway in a lifetime. Invest in a Las Vegas home before Phoenix.
If the "high speed" train has to stop in Baker, that means it will have to decelerate, which will then mean it isn't exactly "high speed" right?

And what reason would there be for stopping in Baker? A selfie next to the giant thermometer?

For what it's worth, my money wouldn't be on Apple Valley, Victorville or Hesperia.

Look further west towards I-5 where the Irvine-style "Tejon Ranch" and "Centennial" projects are being planned in the western Antelope Valley...

Old 02-16-2020, 10:09 PM

68 posts, read 121,108 times
yucca valley has the spark of something happening and the feel of excitement in the air.

Old 02-21-2020, 11:06 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,961,475 times
The Tapestry project looms like an evil spirit over southern Hesperia. One can only imagine what that's going to do to morning and evening drive on an already overburdened and inadequate system of roads and freeways. Freeway I mean.

https://tapestryliving.com/

Old 02-22-2020, 11:21 AM

68 posts, read 121,108 times
I thought that area was a wasteland...looks pretty nice!

Old 03-12-2020, 11:16 AM

12 posts, read 28,241 times
Virgin trains just closed escrow on 200+ acres in Apple Valley and Nevada also approved 100+ acres for a train station. If this happens, I definitely see the high desert growing quite a bit. Hopefully in a good way. It would be my hope if and when they build out the longest stretch (Apple Valley - Nevada) local government will see the appeal this train will be to people in the LA, SGV, OC, etc and build connecting lines from all over Socal to AV. My bet is on this project finishing before the CA bullet train gets anywhere close to being completed.

https://www.vvng.com/virgin-trains-u...-apple-valley/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties