Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2019, 05:59 AM

29,796 posts, read 18,658,108 times

Advertisements

Since I researched both areas, I'll pass on my thoughts.
- Temecula is far more moderate climate wise than Gilbert so huge advantage Temecula
- Housing cost in Gilbert is significantly cheaper for similar housing in Temecula so huge advantage Gilbert
- Crime in Gilbert is slightly less
- Overall tax living in Arizona will be cheaper than California offset at least somewhat by higher incomes
-Although Gilbert is much larger, the traffic is much better controlled

For me, the climate advantage of Temecula is a huge advantage but the overall advantages of Gilbert for me overcomes that edge a bit.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 02:41 PM

919 posts, read 843,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisKid123 View Post
HOLY CRAP - Temecula is the worst possible place to live.
Moved here from St Louis in August, non-stop air conditioning up until Mid-November, finally cooled off. Kids wear funny haircuts, some boys died hair in pink, YES that is creepy and disgusting at such a young age.
Traffic and noise pollution is unbearable, you cant leave the house without being stuck in traffic, no sense of community and people seem to have no connection with each other. Gas station attendant here told me looking people in the eye and saying hello is considered a threat of some sort, I was shocked.
No culture whatsoever, strip mall hell with no authenticity... mostly Asians and Mexicans everywhere, you dont see many white classy educated people.
Midwesterners stay away from Temecula, the place is appalling.

Wow, just - wow.

"Gays and coloreds everywhere, my white classy educated mind can't deal with this!"

EDIT: sorry if I am feeding a troll, I am not a regular regular.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:48 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,599,133 times
Temecula is just outside of SD County but yes, they do have Scorpions.

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/conte...scorpions.html

Old 01-05-2020, 05:24 PM

658 posts, read 821,457 times
Default Temecula

Quote:
Moved here from St Louis in August, non-stop air conditioning up until Mid-November, finally cooled off. Kids wear funny haircuts, some boys died hair in pink, YES that is creepy and disgusting at such a young age.
Traffic and noise pollution is unbearable, you cant leave the house without being stuck in traffic, no sense of community and people seem to have no connection with each other. Gas station attendant here told me looking people in the eye and saying hello is considered a threat of some sort, I was shocked.
No culture whatsoever, strip mall hell with no authenticity... mostly Asians and Mexicans everywhere, you dont see many white classy educated people.
I'll take its safe to say you have never been to Temecula.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:12 PM

1,045 posts, read 749,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Where's the culture or class in St Louis? LOL. I've never even been to Temecula either - yet - but that guy sounds like a typical internet troll.

Old 01-14-2020, 03:15 PM

4,033 posts, read 2,687,078 times
Quote:
I agree with this. I work in Murrieta, right on the Temecula border and I am always in Temecula. It's a nice area.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:16 AM

9 posts, read 11,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
Scorpions are a complete NON-factor anywhere near Temecula. Temecula is family friendly, but extremely crowded. The infrastructure sucks. The schools are good, but drop off and pick up is hell. Traffic is horrible and buses for students are infrequently used and aren’t free. Temecula drivers... no bueno.

Temecula is the most debt ridden city in all of California. I believe this say a bit about how desperate the residents are to “appear” to be wealthy/trendy, as most of this debt is car debt or credit card.

https://www.lendingtree.com/personal...in-california/

Full disclosure: I’ve lived here since 90 and we are trying to leave. It’s still a great place for being in CA, but I believe it was much better in the early/quieter days.

Good luck!
As a 20 year resident (of Temecula) I 100% agree with the above comment. Temecula very overrated via destination marketing.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:01 AM

9 posts, read 11,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisKid123
No culture whatsoever, strip mall hell with no authenticity... you dont see many white classy educated people.
Quote:
I lived in Temecula for 20 years and that description is very accurate IMO.

Temecula used to be a nice place to live - up until around 2010.

Old 06-12-2021, 12:37 AM

83 posts, read 94,089 times
Quote:
How to racist

Old 08-14-2021, 01:17 PM

17 posts, read 15,220 times
Looks like Temecula is my kinda of place people with creative hair, diversity. Curious how is it in 2021?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties