Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:59 PM

56 posts, read 272,701 times

Advertisements

I live here and I am moving as soon as I can sell my house, I have been here for approximately 8 months. Seriously, my family can't take this town, it's a dying town from what I can tell, just like the lake. The fish are dying in the lake from no oxygen. You have mines all over the town and who knows what that dust is doing to our HEALTH??????? There are no really good restaurants, no nice entertainment centers, in fact I think I will just say what's on my mine. Lake Elsinore seems to cater to the less afluent, trailerish type of person. People who tell a lot of bathroom jokes....

Like my sister says the biggest joke is this one:

Lake Elsinore's City Council meets at the "Cultural Center" What a joke, THE CULTURAL CENTER.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 AM

300 posts, read 1,257,862 times
I wouldn't invest in anything there. Its has a bad reputation (aside from Canyon Lake....but that area is pretty "dated" now and not the status-y place it used to be). People crinkle their nose at Lake Elsinore (unless you live there, of course- you are probably unaware). Even if you live in a big cookie cutter house up the hill (which would be the only place to look, other than Canyon Lake)- no one cares because its "Lake Elsinore". It has the rep. of being a kinda' rough, hick-ish, low-property values kinda place. I would rent there first. Or look for good deals in Murrieta or Temecula. If you can't afford those areas, even Corona has a (slightly) better reputuation than Lake Elsinore.

Also- its hot there, and pretty ugly. The lake seems to be always shrinking (you can see it from the 15 north)....and, really- you don't want to do in the water, anyway!

Look into Murrieta or Temecula. You can get a GREAT deal (same price range and size of house mentioned) in those two cities. Murrieta and Temecula are at least prettier, seem greener and have nicer/newer amenities.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:06 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
There are plenty of nice areas of Lake Elsinore. My mom is considering buying a home in Cambria Hills. We spoke with some of the neighbors in the development right below it. They were not "trailerish". In fact, they were quite nice. She also looked at Canyon Hills for a small condo there. Depending on the neighborhood, Lake Elsinore is actually a good buy. It's relatively adj. to OC, SD, and IE proper (Riverside/San Bernardino/Ontario).

It's not for everyone, but to be honest...it's not hell on earth.

As for bathroom jokes...my dad has two masters (decided against his phd), my brother went to West Point, I'm working on getting the ball rolling on starting my masters, my cousin is a lawyer...we all like bathroom jokes.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:48 AM

Smile People call it Lake Hellsinmore or Lake Smellsomemore

You are so right Cambria the KHov homes on the hill are beautiful, they have lower taxes than my Ghetto Alberhilll Ranch. KHov has beautiful views of the forest behind and lake far far away down the hill. They only have one quarry called DG on the side of the hill. When you look up sometimes you can see the fugutive dust flying in the air. Lake Elsinore, is trailer-ish, and bathroom jokes are abundant - remember it's trailerish. Temecula or Murietta are good places to live and if you have the money, you should consider buying in DeLuz - now that'sa beautiful area and people don't have to defend themselves for living in the area.

In closing: Lake Hellsomemore is good for some people - like my neighbor who married her cousin down the street, hey what can I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preppyglam View Post
I wouldn't invest in anything there. Its has a bad reputation (aside from Canyon Lake....but that area is pretty "dated" now and not the status-y place it used to be). People crinkle their nose at Lake Elsinore (unless you live there, of course- you are probably unaware). Even if you live in a big cookie cutter house up the hill (which would be the only place to look, other than Canyon Lake)- no one cares because its "Lake Elsinore". It has the rep. of being a kinda' rough, hick-ish, low-property values kinda place. I would rent there first. Or look for good deals in Murrieta or Temecula. If you can't afford those areas, even Corona has a (slightly) better reputuation than Lake Elsinore.

Also- its hot there, and pretty ugly. The lake seems to be always shrinking (you can see it from the 15 north)....and, really- you don't want to do in the water, anyway!

Look into Murrieta or Temecula. You can get a GREAT deal (same price range and size of house mentioned) in those two cities. Murrieta and Temecula are at least prettier, seem greener and have nicer/newer amenities.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:30 AM

73 posts, read 305,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by preppyglam View Post

Fully agreed with this review. Especially the part about Canyon Lake. Probably the most over-rated community that everyone hyped up.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:41 AM

Default Both you gals are right Lake Elsinore SUCKS, especially Alberhill Ranch

I have recently found out there is FUGITIVE DUST, Methane Gas, Natural Occuring Aresenic, lead and so much more to the Alberhill Ranch area - brought to us recently by CASTLE & COOKE..... What I know will become open public knowledge soon, and it is frightening to me. i am truly begining to understand where the loyalty of the City of Lake Elsinore is, and it's not with the people................ This City needs to be completely cleaned out and new Coucil members (need to be elected) as well as City staff need to be hired. The days of the wild west are over...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsigma View Post
Fully agreed with this review. Especially the part about Canyon Lake. Probably the most over-rated community that everyone hyped up.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:29 AM

181 posts, read 684,250 times
Lake Elsinore (Lake Smell-some-more) is a crap hole. It has a huge drug problem and is full of trashy people.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Lake Elsinore isn't the worst place in the world. I like how hyperbolic people can get...

Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 AM

35 posts, read 136,284 times
Default Lake Elsinore : Good Place if you choose Right Area

Folks: I moved here(Tuscany Hills) from Orange County 6 months back. If you choose east side of 15 and few places west side, you will be fine not much problems. Yes, it's not NewPort Beach or Irvine. But combined with home value and life you get it's far better than any other places in Inland Empire.

So far I have no problem. I walk at night and come back also late. I am not home due travel 4 days a week. No problem so far encountered. My daughter likes the school better than top rated Huntington Beach(OC) schools at Tuscany Hills. Her friends are great.

Definitely at night time if you go near lake area, problems are there. That problem you will find parts of any city except few.

So stop bashing and if you don't like here just move away.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:52 AM

Lake Elsinore, for me my family and many of my neighbors it is a awful horrid place to live. If we had known what we know now months ago, we would have NEVER MOVED HERE. Anyone who loves there family wouldn't move here, or stay here for long after moving here. People please don't forget the air quality is 'F', WHAT IS IN THE AIR HERE IN LAKE ELSINORE, I will tell you once I get the Material Safety Data Sheets. LIKE THE SONG SAYS: Killing me softly with (you can fill in the blanks).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties