Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2019, 04:00 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times

Advertisements

We lived for a few years in Crestline almost 20 years ago and loved living there. The small town atmosphere, the trees, snow etc. Unfortunately, work brought us back down to Orange County, but may have an opportunity to work remote. So... while staying in the Pacific or Mountain time, we're dreaming of finding a similar environment somewhere else. We're only familiar with areas while on road trips, so we only see the surface of a few places we're thinking of, but I know there's so many places out there.
A few places that come to mind are the Reno area, Provo Utah, maybe Wyoming?
We couldn't be too remote because my husband would need internet.
Suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2019, 11:34 AM

6,356 posts, read 7,766,843 times
Sandpoint, Idaho.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 11-23-2019, 03:14 PM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Crestline is listed as one of these, below.

8 of the most scenic mountain towns in southern California:
https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/sout...taways-so-cal/

Old 11-23-2019, 03:39 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,647,123 times
Park City, Utah

Old 11-24-2019, 08:59 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Park City, Utah
I hope the OP is loaded? Park City has coastal Southern California home prices. I have family who own a home there and it is an awesome place.

To the OP, why not just move back to Crestline or another town in the San Bernardino mountains. You said you loved it, and you’ll still be close to your life in Orange County.

Old 11-24-2019, 12:15 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Move to Mammoth Lakes, CA. I lived in Lake Arrowhead for 14 years and that was nice. Mammoth is in another world entirely, blows doors off Crestline.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:09 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Lordy mama, I forgot about this thread! Lol!

Okay, yes, we did love our time in Crestline, but unless something changed, they didnt have the type of internet Hub would need. I know this would be a challenge in many small towns.
Another reason I'm hesitant is that the air quality is not very good. There's a lot of ozone pollution that pools up there and affects my asthma.

I LOVE MAMMOTH! Really love the 395 in general. We're also looking into the Reno area. While we'd probably need to live in the metro area, it's close to the mountains.

I've heard Park City Utah is the new Aspen. Beautiful and pricey. Looking into Provo though.

Thanks for the replies!

Old 01-07-2020, 11:40 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Lordy mama, I forgot about this thread! Lol!

Okay, yes, we did love our time in Crestline, but unless something changed, they didnt have the type of internet Hub would need. I know this would be a challenge in many small towns.
Another reason I'm hesitant is that the air quality is not very good. There's a lot of ozone pollution that pools up there and affects my asthma.

I LOVE MAMMOTH! Really love the 395 in general. We're also looking into the Reno area. While we'd probably need to live in the metro area, it's close to the mountains.

I've heard Park City Utah is the new Aspen. Beautiful and pricey. Looking into Provo though.

Thanks for the replies!
Why Provo? It’s practically a dry county if that matters and not much coffee either. I’d urge you to visit for a while before making a move as BYU is very prominent there as is the LDS church. Park city is very expensive and more of a liberal enclave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties