Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:34 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,945,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenjames View Post
SB will attract young families who want a home and can't afford that elsewhere. It has a great strategic location. I wouldn't bet against SB for the future. The future will be better than the past.
I would not move into San Bernardino yet until the Carousal Mall is demolished, and the first phase of new townhomes are built, starting at low-$300,000s. Yes, people will buy them, and they will sell-out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2021, 11:41 AM

4,031 posts, read 4,462,284 times
Ambitious redevelopment proposal from 20 year ago that never came into fruition

San Bernardino a Water Garden? Some Say Aquifer Plan All Wet:

"local officials are pushing a $200-million-plus plan to use the water to create a network of lakes and streams in the city."

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...081-story.html

Old 08-17-2022, 01:01 PM

I LOVE this news today :

https://iecn.com/carousel-mall-redev...oving-forward/

“We know the redevelopment of the Carousel Mall will serve as a catalyst to transform the entire downtown area,” said Freeman. “With the project continuing to move forward along with the addition of LPC West, the number of phone calls we have received from additional developers has increased. Things may be happening faster than we envisioned.

Will this new gentrification work this time? I fear downtown San Bernardino won't be affordable to live in anymore, similar to Los Angeles.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:00 PM

852 posts, read 3,814,137 times
We're a ways from any fear of downtown San Bernardino not being affordable.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:47 PM

14 posts, read 18,573 times
San Bernardino is like the westcoast version of a declining rust belt city. It's one of the handful of Ca cities to go bankrupt, it now has the highest crime rates in the whole state. Victorville would become expensive before SB will if we're being honest.

Old 08-26-2022, 12:34 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
The people have a plan for a better San Bernardino: https://justsb.org/?page_id=3626

https://www.irvine.org/insights/the-...-bernardino-2/

Old 08-28-2022, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewater11 View Post
San Bernardino is like the westcoast version of a declining rust belt city. It's one of the handful of Ca cities to go bankrupt, it now has the highest crime rates in the whole state. Victorville would become expensive before SB will if we're being honest.
I believe Oakland is the only California city with a higher crime rate than San Bernardino. The old Carousel Mall is in the process to be demolished, and then new housing units will be built to attract some new higher-income residents to rebuild San Bernardino's economy. Most of the economy rebuild will run along the 215 freeway, starting from UC Riverside at the south to downtown San Bernardino at the north where the Carousel Mall is located.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:54 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
I believe Oakland is the only California city with a higher crime rate than San Bernardino..
Stockton and Oakland have higher crime rates than San Bernardino, depending on which source one uses.

https://housegrail.com/most-dangerou...in-california/

https://vanlifewanderer.com/2022/01/...es-california/

Old 08-28-2022, 01:00 PM

11,026 posts, read 6,870,183 times
I'm glad that San Bernardino might be gentrifying. When I was growing up in the 50's and 60's it was a very nice city. Gateway to the lovely mountain communities, bordered by very nice Loma Linda and Redlands, and UC Riverside and Riverside nearby. Riverside was also a nicer city back then too.

Old 08-28-2022, 02:36 PM

14 posts, read 18,573 times
It doesn't help much if San Bernardino is #2 or 3 in the state for crime LOL. 183 cities in Ca that's over 50,000 in population and there's pride in having the F+ instead.
Most people with money moving from Los Angeles are settling in Riverside county.
San Bernardino co (SB city & high desert) are the areas where parolees, vagrants, LA gang members etc. relocate in large numbers.
San Bernardino city has the highest poverty rates in the state next to Fresno.
The surrounding schools (UCR & CSUSB) are second rate compared to the coastal competition in reality.

The way I see it, those hoping for San Bernardino to gentrify can continue their pipe dream all the way into 2050.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties