Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 06:32 AM

17,347 posts, read 11,297,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
IE is like the least desirable area to live in SoCal, hence why it's cheap. It's not some secret cheap area to commute to LA.... it's a literal nightmare and no one wants to live there if they don't have to.
It certainly isn't the cheapest or least desirable place to live in SoCal. You really have no idea what you're talking about at all. You must be from Iowa or somewhere that has no clue about the area. The only nightmare is people like you spreading false information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2020, 10:10 AM

259 posts, read 166,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
No one said you couldn’t post in different forums, but you made statements you had no research on short of looking at a map and made assumptions that a few people disagreed with. You came here and said everyone they should move to the inland empire without first hand knowledge of the area. I can’t help it if you posted the same topic in two forums and got called out on it both times.
Maybe you should do more research before making a statement that not only the locals in the state, but those in Atlanta disagreed with.
Or maybe YOU should not try to be a junior moderator and actually read what was posted, without the urgent need to just come on here to "call out" people without anything constructive to offer. I also said people should "consider" IE. I have family in Redlands so I am most certainly not basing it on a "map". SMH

Old 02-17-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
you're kidding right? easily a two hour commute. and you get to PAY to drive on some of those roads.
Thanks. I have had 90 minute or more commutes here in Atlanta. Doable but not the most desirable LOL.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
that doesn't sound like a low level job. you may find one right there. it isn't the most educated of areas.
Thanks you're correct it's more mid level. I have a Master's degree plus licensing as a substance abuse counselor and a substance abuse evaluator for the Department of Transportation and all their federal employees.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:29 AM

Ok to get this back on topic:

I am early 40's and my daughter is about to go off to college. I am considering if Atlanta is where I want to be long term or if I should move to another major metro area with a mild climate. I have been here in Atlanta almost 20 years and have enjoyed my growth here and like the city. I am considering Houston, Southern California, South Florida, maybe even Phoenix. I know Houston and Phoenix would be comparable to Atlanta as far as cost of living.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:42 AM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosborne39 View Post
Or maybe YOU should not try to be a junior moderator and actually read what was posted, without the urgent need to just come on here to "call out" people without anything constructive to offer. I also said people should "consider" IE. I have family in Redlands so I am most certainly not basing it on a "map". SMH
How is my post considered being a junior moderator. Stop making uninformed statements and assumptions about things you don’t know much about and you will be fine. It’s fine to ask questions about areas you don’t know about, making statements about areas not so much. Btw maybe the internet isn’t for you. You see, to be easily hurt.

Old 02-17-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
How is my post considered being a junior moderator. Stop making uninformed statements and assumptions about things you don’t know much about and you will be fine. It’s fine to ask questions about areas you don’t know about, making statements about areas not so much. Btw maybe the internet isn’t for you. You see, to be easily hurt.
It's fine to disagree but try to provide some constructive feedback as to why as well. I went back to look and you did not provide that.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:37 PM

26,747 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosborne39 View Post
... my daughter is about to go off to college. I am considering if Atlanta is where I want to be long term or if I should move to another major metro area with a mild climate. I have been here in Atlanta almost 20 years and...
One thing to consider: if you move, your daughter's school breaks will then be spent in a city in which she knows no one but her parent. Did she grow up in Atlanta?

Old 02-17-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
One thing to consider: if you move, your daughter's school breaks will then be spent in a city in which she knows no one but her parent. Did she grow up in Atlanta?

That's a good point. Yes she grew up here.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:36 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Quote:
Is El Cajon the secret to cheaper living and commuting to la?
El Cajon is about 20 min east of San Diego and about 2 hours from LA when there’s no traffic. Anyone living in El Cajon and trying to commute to LA will regret it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties