Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 03:36 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,314,343 times

Advertisements

I have only driven through it, but always thought the IE had a negative stigma.

Is this true? Is it safe? Downtrodden? That was my perception. Looking at real estate in San Bernandino it looks quite affordable for being SOCAL.

Are the schools good? How about crime? What parts of IE are desirable? Any? And what areas are high crime and run down?

Thanks for the insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 05:10 PM

1,156 posts, read 941,209 times
Somebody somewhere is always looking down on other people. Obviously the IE is not all bad just like Los Angeles and San Diego are not all good.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:24 PM

6,503 posts, read 7,533,875 times
Temecula is pretty nice and safe, kinda boring though... just needs more jobs so people don't have to drive as far.

Old 02-18-2020, 05:54 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,752,084 times
Do these look like bad places?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastvale%2C_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temecula,_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rancho...ga,_California

It's high time you change your perception. You obviously visited limited areas of the IE.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:15 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,962,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhomecity View Post
I have been to Socal many times. I have always had a negative perception of the IE.

Blighted, crime ridden suburbs. I have driven through and was not impressed. I also notated the schools were bad.

What is the perception within the state?
Actually, IE does have some nice areas, like Murrieta, Temecula, and Eastvale. Good schools, safe, clean neighborhoods in these cities.

IE does have some very high crime areas like San Bernardino (which also has lots of blight), but South LA probably has even more blight and crime.

IE is just known for where people live when they want the California dream but can't afford it, so they live in IE, where it's cheap, and make 1-2 hour commutes to Downtown LA or Orange County.

IE's known for a low COL and very spread out, sprawling neighborhoods--relative to the rest of Southern California, that is. Also known for being more conservative than LA county, but Riverside County is similar to Orange County politically, though.

IE's also known for being a good 15-20 degrees hotter during the summer than Coastal Southern California, as well as having more smog.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:12 AM

925 posts, read 1,065,502 times
The IE is a huge area. There are great areas and terrible areas just like any area in the the country. I have lived in the Ontario/Upland area for the past 30 years and love it. I am next to the mountains and love the views. I also love the proximity to downtown LA as the Metrolink is a great system and makes the commute not bad at all. I can get to my workplace faster than some of my coworkers coming from the Westside or South Bay.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:42 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
I moved to Upland from out of state about 3.5 years ago and I love it.

Old 02-19-2020, 08:48 PM

68 posts, read 120,981 times
IE is freaking huge and has just about anything you could want aside from a beach. What are you looking for. You mention SB, which im sure has it's fans, but most consider a faded glory former flagship city and now riddled with crime. That being said I did go there one night to the symphony orchestra and it was an awesome awesome crowd, reminded me a ton of a cultured and diverse nyc event. Afterwards, went outside and there was a car show going on in main street. It was hands down one of the coolest and well attended car shows/cruises I have ever seen.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:27 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Could someone who lives in the area link to their favorite (most accurate) inland empire map?

Is Palm Desert/Bermuda Dunes/Indio included in the Inland Empire?

Old 02-20-2020, 06:28 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Could someone who lives in the area link to their favorite (most accurate) inland empire map?
From one of the many other threads here on the Inland Empire: https://inlandempire.us/cities/

and:

League of California Cities - Inland Empire

The Inland Empire (locally known as the I.E.) is a region in Southern California; an urban and metropolitan area centered around the cities of Riverside and San Bernardino. The Inland Empire is located east of Los Angeles County.
Inland Empire | Inland Action

Finding a geography of home in the Inland Empire:
https://www.latimes.com/books/la-ca-...117-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Is Palm Desert/Bermuda Dunes/Indio included in the Inland Empire?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties