Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 656 times

Advertisements

So, this is a long story that I will cut short. My daughter and I moved into a large complex in Palm Spnngs, CA. that was a sham from the start. The model apartment looked too good to be true. The excuse for a non working gate was a joke that I believed. The unit I was given was a disaster. Most of the electrical plugs had shorts, the shower doors fell off, the toilet didn't work, the dishwasher, garbage disposal, washer all had to be repaired. The owner, fyi, also owns 'projects' in LA and runs them in the same sloppy manner for her income, she is infamous.
When I moved in, from the first date, we were bombarded with knocking, banging, pounding on the common walls with a particular neighbor. The music thumped for hours at a time after we also were bombarded wih the marijuana smell into our vents. 'Smoke Free' is also on their webpage, as is security gate and 'fitness center'....I complained about music to both police and on site management..to no avail...instead this owner in LA wrote me and said I was harassing the neighbors with the 'unsubstantiated' reports. The owner then gave me permission to move out at no penalty, break the lease within 3 weeks of us moving in. I finally found a new place 4/2 and will be moving by 4/30/20. I advised owner of same in an email. She recieved it as she responded.
I have documented, recorded, photographed all things, damages, etc.
Now my question...I Do I still have to do a 30 day notice? Seems stupid when owner and on site management know or are they just on a plan to get more rent by making me fill out their form?
They are also saying that my deposit may be used for rent owed...is that possible or legal? If I don't give them this formal 30 day notice form which will clearly be late, then she will probably keep it for rent.
I hate this place with a passion and will report neighbors and owner and pursue any legal avenues I can. The lease is full of lies, it's a sham..they do nothing about people who clearly violate it, but threaten me if I do. I am so thrilled to be moving but..I intend to file reviews on all the apartment sites regarding this horrible commplex in Palm Springs, CA...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 02:16 PM

40 posts, read 54,744 times
first mistake was moving to Palm Springs...
I would stay west of Chino Hills. 99% of places east of there, no good.

Old 04-24-2020, 04:55 PM

661 posts, read 835,710 times
You would follow the contract with the exception of what is agreed to in writing or email. In most cases a 30 day notice is needed if the email implies that it is not needed anymore you might be okay. I would check with the housing authority or an attorney to make sure.

https://www.harivco.org/

Old 04-29-2020, 11:32 AM

4,146 posts, read 2,845,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy1520 View Post
first mistake was moving to Palm Springs...
I would stay west of Chino Hills. 99% of places east of there, no good.
lol, thanks for the laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties