Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 05:24 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,219,612 times

Advertisements

Strong words, I know. He told the county board of supervisors he will not enforce the state's stay-at-home orders.

He is wrong. He has a duty to enforce the laws whether he agrees with them or not. He needs a not so gentle reminder of the following state law:

State Gov Code 8567, powers of the Governor during emergencies: "...Governor may make, amend, and rescind orders and regulations necessary ...The orders and regulations shall have the force and effect of law."

This is a statement of fact, there is no gray area here, the Governor's temporary emergency orders are state law, period. The Sheriff is willfully breaking the law. That's fine when people take a stand on principles but they must then accept the consequences of their actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 03:15 PM

20 posts, read 61,281 times
I agree so much! Not a fan of Bianco's anyway, but when the LEOs won't even follow the law we know we're headed to anarchy. Such a simple request, too: a little social distancing, a face mask. Sheesh. And as they're seeing in L.A. now, if there's no enforcement there will be no compliance. Really disappointed.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:37 PM

3,359 posts, read 2,359,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Strong words, I know. He told the county board of supervisors he will not enforce the state's stay-at-home orders.

He is wrong. He has a duty to enforce the laws whether he agrees with them or not. He needs a not so gentle reminder of the following state law:

State Gov Code 8567, powers of the Governor during emergencies: "...Governor may make, amend, and rescind orders and regulations necessary ...The orders and regulations shall have the force and effect of law."

This is a statement of fact, there is no gray area here, the Governor's temporary emergency orders are state law, period. The Sheriff is willfully breaking the law. That's fine when people take a stand on principles but they must then accept the consequences of their actions.
I be curious whether it’s due to the Riverside Sheriff refusing to release low risk offenders out of his county jails which the state ordered to increase social distancing as he insists that there are no low level low risk offenders in his jails? I be curious whether this is true.
I heard two jail guards who are part of the Sheriff department had died is this true. Hard to believe it.
I guess COVID19 may lead to massive reforms on the justice systems as well as jails and prisons which had been dangerously overcrowded for many years due and lack of rehabilitation for releases inmates.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nbcpalm...-pandemic/amp/

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 05-24-2020 at 09:49 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 11:06 PM

663 posts, read 845,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

Appears they implemented a curfew that will keep people at home later in the day. Also protesters are not social distancing, so best to delay them for now.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:51 PM

817 posts, read 931,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
I be curious whether it’s due to the Riverside Sheriff refusing to release low risk offenders out of his county jails which the state ordered to increase social distancing as he insists that there are no low level low risk offenders in his jails? I be curious whether this is true.
I heard two jail guards who are part of the Sheriff department had died is this true. Hard to believe it.
I guess COVID19 may lead to massive reforms on the justice systems as well as jails and prisons which had been dangerously overcrowded for many years due and lack of rehabilitation for releases inmates.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nbcpalm...-pandemic/amp/
The jails are overcrowded due to people being convicted of doing things that you can be jailed for.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:12 PM

Now that Newsom has mandated masks, let's see if either Riverside (Bianco) or Orange County Sheriffs will actually do their jobs and require their deputies to enforce the mandate. I would like to go outside (like everyone) but can't because there are too many people who are too selfish to wear face masks out in public. (I don't care about your arguments: the scientists have made it clear to anyone with half a brain that masks help; so don't try to claim "they don't help".)

Old 06-18-2020, 06:14 PM

Oh for crisakes, people, we're talking FINES, not jail time. sheesh.

Old 06-18-2020, 06:22 PM

49 posts, read 39,235 times
I will follow the "mandate" as soon as California follows Federal immigration law. This is just one example of the state not enforcing laws it doesn't agree with.

If the state can pick and choose which laws to follow then so can the people. See how this works.

Old 06-18-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat 32 View Post
I will follow the "mandate" as soon as California follows Federal immigration law. This is just one example of the state not enforcing laws it doesn't agree with.

If the state can pick and choose which laws to follow then so can the people. See how this works.

That's some serious whataboutism right there. I had a counterpoint here, but I'm going to ignore your attempt to threadjack this topic.

Sheriffs AND citizens are required to follow all laws, not pick and choose.

Back on topic, those who don't wear masks are selfishly setting us back in fighting this pandemic. And, did I mention how selfish that behavior is?

Last edited by shadow750; 06-18-2020 at 07:30 PM..

Old 06-18-2020, 07:27 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,322,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow750 View Post
That's some serious whataboutism right there. Ignoring that you're really trying to threadjack this, I understand you're trying to make a point about sanctuary cities. "However, unlike many other partisan issues these days, the law seems clear cut here: cities and states are perfectly entitled to set themselves up as sanctuaries for undocumented immigrants." (PA Law Journal) So you obviously do not see how this works.

Sheriffs AND citizens are required to follow all laws, not pick and choose.

Back on topic, those who don't wear masks are selfishly setting us back in fighting this pandemic. And, did I mention how selfish and self-serving that behavior is?
You’re right, it is selfish. But when you see protesters ignoring restrictions and getting praise from the politicians, what incentive is there for everyone else to obey?

And yes, I wear a mask when I’m supposed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
View detailed profiles of: