Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2020, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,502 times

Advertisements

Greetings and thanks in advance for ANY help! I know similar posts have been made here before, and I have read through them, but I am looking for updated info. We are looking to buy a secondary residence somewhere from Running Springs to Crestline or anywhere in between and would love ALL the input we can get. $350,000 will be our max, and we aren't likely to buy before early spring 2021. We have been up and driven through all over looking at homes, and we can sense some areas seem nicer than others, but living at the beach in San Diego, we know you don't really know just by looking. We are not looking to rent it out, but to have it for our extended time off work and possibly to retire to in a dozen years or so.

I have heard NOs to Crestline, Running Springs, and Twin Peaks, but then hear that certain areas in those towns are great. I can see you get more for your money there.

Can people speak to specific areas to help us look (or eliminate):
Green Valley Lake, Arrowbear Lake, Running Springs proper, Fredalba, Smiley Park
Hook Creek Tract, Cedar Glen, Arrowhead Villas, Crestforest, Sky Park
Rimforest, Twin Peaks, Arrowhead Highlands, Skyland
Crestline, Valley of Enchantment, Cedarpines Park

One consideration is that our home would NOT be occupied by BnBers, so it would be unoccupied more often than those that are rented.

ANY commentary is helpful as I can put it all together and do some critical thinking if I get enough. I value all opinions; I know people will differ. That's actually what I am looking for as much as consensus.

Also, as an aside, does anyone know why you get SO much more house for your money in this area than Idyllwild? I have some ideas, but it's hard for me to explain SUCH a huge difference.

THANK you. And if anyone needs help on anything San Diego coastal, I'd do my best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2020, 11:33 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,355,056 times
Listen to someone who lived 15 years there: do NOT buy in Crestline, Rimforest or RS, you will regret it for myriad reasons. Buy in the Woods in Lake Arrowhead, $350,000 will get you a small home, probably w/o a garage.

The only place outside Arrowhead that you should buy in is Skyforest, but there are usually very few homes for sale there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties