Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 02:02 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,942,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 4 mvp View Post
I know about Grand Terrace or High grove, whatever you want to call it.. I just know everybody around here know that area you're talking about is no good. Just being honest, the whole area surrounding that development you're referring to is not a good area and if anything is one of the worst areas of the Inland Empire outside of Baseline, 2nd street, Highland ave and the whole High desert area Victorville etc. That neighborhood also sits just right outside an ugly rundown freeway (215 N). They built those houses in a ghetto area, it's very common to see this in CA.
I honestly don't think you even drive around Grand Terrace or SMR yet. Everyone would easily say that Grand Terrace has a better reputation than Moreno Valley, if that's what you're trying to teach me. The median home prices in Grand Terrace and Spring Mountain Ranch are also higher than Moreno Valley too. Some of the homes in SMR recently sold for closer to $1 million, actually. You can't even sell that much in Moreno Valley. Probably no higher than $675,000 with similar sq. ft.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...25834485_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...25834430_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...25834227_zpid/

Moreno Valley still has its stigma issues regarding poor quality schools, higher than average crime rate, lower per-capita income, and etc. Maybe it ties with Highgrove together, but main Highgrove area only has less than 6,000 total population, so the negatives in Highgrove are not too noticeable at all.

No, Grand Terrace is not perfect at all, since there's not much shopping you can do, but mostly residential, and it's too close to dangerous San Bernardino that may turn off people. Correct... I don't live in Grand Terrace, anyway, nor I'm a fan, since its popularity may be declining soon, due to the age of older homes.

But, new construction homes near the UC Riverside campus continue to gain more buzz, demand, and traction each day, with more investors buying properties in SMR, and gentrifying the area. It continues to bring in more wealthier residents into the area. Go see for yourself...

Last edited by waltchan; 06-02-2022 at 02:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2022, 02:45 AM

340 posts, read 175,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan View Post
I honestly don't think you even drive around Grand Terrace or SMR yet. Everyone would easily say that Grand Terrace has a better reputation than Moreno Valley, if that's what you're trying to teach me. The median home prices in Grand Terrace and Spring Mountain Ranch are also higher than Moreno Valley too. Some of the homes in SMR recently sold for closer to $1 million, actually. You can't even sell that much in Moreno Valley. Probably no higher than $675,000 with similar sq. ft.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...25834485_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...25834430_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...25834227_zpid/

Moreno Valley still has its stigma issues regarding poor quality schools, higher than average crime rate, lower per-capita income, and etc. Maybe it ties with Highgrove together, but main Highgrove area only has less than 6,000 total population, so the negatives in Highgrove are not too noticeable at all.

No, Grand Terrace is not perfect at all, since there's not much shopping you can do, but mostly residential, and it's too close to dangerous San Bernardino that may turn off people. Correct... I don't live in Grand Terrace, anyway, nor I'm a fan, since its popularity may be declining soon, due to the age of older homes.

But, new construction homes near the UC Riverside campus continue to gain more buzz, demand, and traction each day, with more investors buying properties in SMR, and gentrifying the area. It continues to bring in more wealthier residents into the area. Go see for yourself...

I am from here basically, I know the area from the back of my hand. Grand terrace is really just a tiny plot of land that the government recently decided to incorporate as its own to try to separate itself from San bernardino and Riversides' bad reputations... and your own opinion does not count as "everyone", I am not teaching you about this, this is the truth... that whole area is an industrial complex disguised as a neighborhood and guess what? Just right outside that mcmansion tract are warehouses situated on the SAME street that connects into the neighborhood. Everytime you leave you have to enter or leave that oddly placed developnent you have to pass through trucks, warehouse traffic, and is an ugly sight sitting right outside. You don't see this in real "upscale" neighborhoods... like I said, spring valley ranch are just the builders/ government's way to produce more finanances and is a quicker option to achieve this goal. It is akin to Victorville where you see random subdivisions installed in the most random of places.. OTOH Moreno Valley is a master planned suburban community with the correct amount of symmetry on all development cues. Most people that live in Southern california do not truely believe Moreno Valley as this "bad stigma" area when they compare it to the likes of San Bernardino, Pomona, Compton, Hemet, Eastside Riverside, Victorville, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Santa Ana and many many more cities where transplants move into Moreno Valley from... Now Grand terrance OTOH. Everybody knows that whole entire stretch from the northern tip of Riverside (215 & 91 junction) all the way pass San bernardino is arguebly one of the most rundown areas in the whole state... take it for what it is, this is really just my opinion (many others too) about that area being a native of the area. If you did end up buying that house, be proud of it... but to over rate and tell lies, you'll get called out for that. If you really reside around thid area you will know what I am talking about as soon as you leave your house and head into town.

Old 06-02-2022, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I am from here basically, I know the area from the back of my hand. Grand terrace is really just a tiny plot of land that the government recently decided to incorporate as its own to try to separate itself from San bernardino and Riversides' bad reputations... and your own opinion does not count as "everyone", I am not teaching you about this, this is the truth... that whole area is an industrial complex disguised as a neighborhood and guess what? Just right outside that mcmansion tract are warehouses situated on the SAME street that connects into the neighborhood. Everytime you leave you have to enter or leave that oddly placed developnent you have to pass through trucks, warehouse traffic, and is an ugly sight sitting right outside. You don't see this in real "upscale" neighborhoods... like I said, spring valley ranch are just the builders/ government's way to produce more finanances and is a quicker option to achieve this goal. It is akin to Victorville where you see random subdivisions installed in the most random of places.. OTOH Moreno Valley is a master planned suburban community with the correct amount of symmetry on all development cues. Most people that live in Southern california do not truely believe Moreno Valley as this "bad stigma" area when they compare it to the likes of San Bernardino, Pomona, Compton, Hemet, Eastside Riverside, Victorville, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Santa Ana and many many more cities where transplants move into Moreno Valley from... Now Grand terrance OTOH. Everybody knows that whole entire stretch from the northern tip of Riverside (215 & 91 junction) all the way pass San bernardino is arguebly one of the most rundown areas in the whole state... take it for what it is, this is really just my opinion (many others too) about that area being a native of the area. If you did end up buying that house, be proud of it... but to over rate and tell lies, you'll get called out for that. If you really reside around thid area you will know what I am talking about as soon as you leave your house and head into town.
Yes, I understand your points clearly, and these facts are somewhat valid, despite I'm a little worried about your multiple English grammatical errors here, or you didn't receive enough education when you were young.

Anyway, let's start with basic law of economics. California state continues to get more expensive to live in each year. Nobody will disagree on that. More poor, homeless, and middle-class people are moving out of California state daily. In the long-term, there will be only rich people left living in California, including at Grand Terrace, SMR, Highgrove, Colton, and soon, San Bernardino.

San Bernardino is in progress to demolish the Carousel Mall, and then gentrification will hit here pretty badly. Wait, and you'll see.

https://www.sbsun.com/2021/08/19/san...carousel-mall/

New townhomes will start at the mid-$400,000s, which will automatically bring in more wealthier residents into the Carousel area, bring in more job opportunities to gentrify the area. Applying for a mortgage is pretty strict these days, so there's only welled-off financial people now. Then, crime rate will gradually go down, rent rate will go up, when more poor and middle-class people move out of the San Bernardino area and California state.

Last edited by waltchan; 06-02-2022 at 11:37 AM..

Old 06-02-2022, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, I understand your points clearly, and these facts are somewhat valid, despite I'm a little worried about your multiple English grammatical errors here, or you didn't receive enough education when you were young.

Anyway, let's start with basic law of economics. California state continues to get more expensive to live in each year. Nobody will disagree on that. More poor, homeless, and middle-class people are moving out of California state daily. In the long-term, there will be only rich people left living in California, including at Grand Terrace, SMR, Highgrove, Colton, and soon, San Bernardino.

San Bernardino is in progress to demolish the Carousel Mall, and then gentrification will hit here pretty badly. Wait, and you'll see.

https://www.sbsun.com/2021/08/19/san...carousel-mall/

New townhomes will start at the mid-$400,000s, which will automatically bring in more wealthier residents into the Carousel area, bring in more job opportunities to gentrify the area. Applying for a mortgage is pretty strict these days, so there's only welled-off financial people now. Then, crime rate will gradually go down, rent rate will go up, when more poor and middle-class people move out of the San Bernardino area and California state.

Right, so you're going to write attacks on the internet behind a keyboard because you don't agree? You should worry about your own English, as Im sure people might look at you confused or funny when you start talking in real life . San Bernardino will not gentrify, I have seen you make these false prophecies and claims. UCR will never be a top university as you put and Spring valley ranch is still a poorly placed neighborhood. These attributes did not change just because you come on City data to talk like an expert.. your only hope is the mall in SB to "gentrify" the area, but the reality is it wont. I would say based from your tone, you have regrets on buying a house in the area, BUT, and a really big but, thats if you bought the house. I will go ahead and say that you're not telling the truth. The only thing we see here are links to KB home. Now here, not only do I read possible lies being told, but we might be witnessing a neurosis "rich" guy. When one has to measure up himself online by typing like a delusional individual, you have to feel sorry for the possible "shortcomings" that cause this behavior to manifest. Then again, somebody need to call out the ridiculous claims being spammed on here.

Old 06-02-2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Right, so you're going to write attacks on the internet behind a keyboard because you don't agree? You should worry about your own English, as Im sure people might look at you confused or funny when you start talking in real life . San Bernardino will not gentrify, I have seen you make these false prophecies and claims. UCR will never be a top university as you put and Spring valley ranch is still a poorly placed neighborhood. These attributes did not change just because you come on City data to talk like an expert.. your only hope is the mall in SB to "gentrify" the area, but the reality is it wont. I would say based from your tone, you have regrets on buying a house in the area, BUT, and a really big but, thats if you bought the house. I will go ahead and say that you're not telling the truth. The only thing we see here are links to KB home. Now here, not only do I read possible lies being told, but we might be witnessing a neurosis "rich" guy. When one has to measure up himself online by typing like a delusional individual, you have to feel sorry for the possible "shortcomings" that cause this behavior to manifest. Then again, somebody need to call out the ridiculous claims being spammed on here.
Whatever you say from your opinions. Readers will decide... I'm not here to disagree with you. People said the same thing too after the 1992 Los Angeles riots. They were told from the news media that home prices will continue to crash down, streets are all on fire, more gangs pouring into every streets, and everybody is moving out from LA. NOBODY could ever predict 30 years later that most Los Angeles homes now cost over $1 million to buy today in just the average area, similar to Highgrove's crime rate.

San Bernardino will get some gentrification, but not as fast as Los Angeles. This is the proper way to say. Time will tell...

Old 06-02-2022, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Whatever you say from your opinions. Readers will decide... I'm not here to disagree with you. People said the same thing too after the 1992 Los Angeles riots. They were told from the news media that home prices will continue to crash down, streets are all on fire, more gangs pouring into every streets, and everybody is moving out from LA. NOBODY could ever predict 30 years later that most Los Angeles homes now cost over $1 million to buy today in just the average area, similar to Highgrove's crime rate.

San Bernardino will get some gentrification, but not as fast as Los Angeles. This is the proper way to say. Time will tell...

I just want to know what kind of mental issue does it take for one to go on this anomynous site and proclaim how great a neighborhood or how "rich" the area is? Why does one find it necessary to boast about or lie about the prospects of owning that particular KB home, on top of that in one of the worst locations for real estate. I mean you could've selected a better area in San Bernardino instead of some randomly placed tract lot built right outside and literally down the street from a industrial commercial zone to exclaim your wealth..

Old 06-02-2022, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I just want to know what kind of mental issue does it take for one to go on this anomynous site and proclaim how great a neighborhood or how "rich" the area is?
Most cities in California have higher household income than other major US cities. We sometimes call it "rich" for most of the California cities with high housing costs. California is a developed state with the largest USA state economy.

https://www.point2homes.com/US/Neigh...ographics.html

Average household income in Highgrove (when you combine SMR together) is $101,620 from the 2020 census. We are now richer than Moreno Valley that you like to praise.

Quote:
Why does one find it necessary to boast about or lie about the prospects of owning that particular KB home, on top of that in one of the worst locations for real estate. I mean you could've selected a better area in San Bernardino instead of some randomly placed tract lot built right outside and literally down the street from a industrial commercial zone to exclaim your wealth.
I already bought one from KB home in SMR area. I moved in on November 2021. I'm at the farthest eastside, with nice million-dollar views around, and lots of Porsche, Corvette, and Tesla around in my street. You can't call it "poor," right?

Old 06-03-2022, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Most cities in California have higher household income than other major US cities. We sometimes call it "rich" for most of the California cities with high housing costs. California is a developed state with the largest USA state economy.

https://www.point2homes.com/US/Neigh...ographics.html

Average household income in Highgrove (when you combine SMR together) is $101,620 from the 2020 census. We are now richer than Moreno Valley that you like to praise.

I already bought one from KB home in SMR area. I moved in on November 2021. I'm at the farthest eastside, with nice million-dollar views around, and lots of Porsche, Corvette, and Tesla around in my street. You can't call it "poor," right?

Sure buddy, we believe you

Old 06-03-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Sure buddy, we believe you
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highgrove,_California

"The, once, agricultural area of Highgrove will become more integrated and urbanized into a new college-town, upscale neighborhood of Riverside. New boundary line from the map looking like crescent-shaped east of 60/215 freeway, starting from UC Riverside campus of the southeast, next to Highgrove of the northwest, and then to Spring Mountain Ranch community of the northeast."

Old 06-03-2022, 11:08 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
California state continues to get more expensive to live in each year....More poor, homeless, and middle-class people are moving out of California state daily. In the long-term, there will be only rich people left living in California...

New townhomes will start at the mid-$400,000s, which will automatically bring in more wealthier residents into the Carousel area, bring in more job opportunities to gentrify the area. Applying for a mortgage is pretty strict these days, so there's only welled-off financial people now.
Wealthier residents wanting to move to California will certainly not be buying $400 k condos in Highgrove, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties