Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:42 PM

79 posts, read 385,996 times

Advertisements

TRy North San Bernardino, by CalState SB! The area is nice, if not try Devore which is part of the city, the weather is good snowfall, frost, windy conditions and wild fires are not rare here and also 100 degrees in the summer is not rare, good luck =)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 PM

3 posts, read 13,181 times
Default East Highland is nice

But don't forget all of those houses are sitting on San Andreas Fault!
The prices there are pretty good....make sure you stay over the hill
The houses down on San Benito are really nice. Redlands just had some townhouses completed- this might be something to look into. This is around Orange st. by the coffee house (jazz and java) and the little shoppes. Its a really cool setting similar to UCR downtown Riverside.
Very comfy.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM

53 posts, read 332,269 times
I agree, downtown area of Redland would be some where you should like. It seems "trendy". There is a trader joes (which I hate), nice movie theater, a lot of little restaurant and shops, market nights on Tuesday, and the Redlands bowl which offers free performance (plays, music, and other highbrow stuff). Plus you can take I-30 loop to Cal state, just an 20 min drive.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,383 times
The Inland Empire (pretty much all of it) is extremely HOT!!! in the summer. I personally don't like that kind of heat. If you are like me and don't like the heat, my suggestion would be to check out Crestline, Twin Peaks or Lake Arrowhead in the San Bernardino mountains. Stay away from the Valley of Enchantment (VOE) area though, seems like the druggies like that area.

We have a vacation home in Crestline and I would say that Crestline is kind of a down home sort of place, if you are into that sort of thing. People don't dress up at all. They are very friendly, down to earth and mind their own business. No yuppies here, just us country folk)

It's cool in the summer and cool to cold in the winter, it doesn't snow much at all in Crestline, (not as long as we have owned our place) and the trees and surroundings are pretty. The rents are very, very reasonable. I think if you google map it, Crestline is probably about a 20 minute drive to the University, 2 lanes downhill, but overall a relaxing drive..... for us anyway. Twin Peaks and Arrowhead (higher-end area) are a little further and more snow. Anyway, something to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties