Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 05:34 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,539,890 times

Advertisements

The reconstruction of the 60 freeway has made things seriously unsafe. At a few points, the lanes seem to disappear entirely.

The IE is a trucking route from the Port of LA to the rest of the country so it's understandable the amount of truck traffic. I don't see them coming up with money to separate the lanes.

More trucks on the freeways means the economy of southern california is getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,451,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
The reconstruction of the 60 freeway has made things seriously unsafe. At a few points, the lanes seem to disappear entirely.

The IE is a trucking route from the Port of LA to the rest of the country so it's understandable the amount of truck traffic. I don't see them coming up with money to separate the lanes.

More trucks on the freeways means the economy of southern california is getting better.
Starting next year, the 60/57 interchange/s are getting completely redone to smooth and sort traffic flow through Diamond Bar better, and Caltrans is getting a ton of federal dollars for the project due to the amount of trucks that go through there

Old 03-04-2021, 03:13 PM

296 posts, read 623,101 times
Default Trucks in the IE

I live near the 60/215 in east Riverside, and this is logistics industry central. Also, I've recently discovered a chip on my windshield, so there's that. My beef with the area is the pollution generated by the trucks. I plan to move as soon as I am able.

Old 03-04-2021, 04:09 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,692,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I personally like driving, but I tell you, being on these freeways, there are more & more semi trucks at all times of the day & it's making me dislike freeway driving more & more. Then, the lanes feel like they're narrower & that leaves no room for error if someone starts drifting into another lane for some reason. Lastly, the freeway divider is usually right up against the far left (fast) lane, so it's a little aggravating to drive because you feel like you're squished.

They'll probably never do this OR if they do, it will take another 40 yrs, but they need to add a couple of lanes (on the slowest side) for just semi trucks, so we cars can have our lanes back! I think they need to make those Express lanes able for us to drive (w/o paying) & the 2 slowest lanes on the right just for trucks.

What does everyone think? Comments about ANY part of what I said.
When a main port is in Long Beach and you have an area like the IE where distribution centers and logistics are a prime source of revenue, this is what happens. Just the way it is.

Old 03-04-2021, 07:04 PM

12,652 posts, read 14,783,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Commercial vehicles are supposed to only travel in the 2 right lanes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Just stay out of the right two lanes wherever you go. Those are the only lanes that trucks are allowed in.

Right, they're supposed to only be in the 2 right lanes, but they're not. These truckers know that there aren't enough cops to give them all tickets so they just do what they want.I see them in the 3rd & even 4th lanes quite often. It's like us regular cars are being squeezed out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
There are tons of trucks on the freeways in Orange county, and especially the 91 frwy during the week. I stay the hell away from them because a lot of them tend to dribble little rocks and things that will chip windshields and paint. That's my only real beef with them.

Right, I agree w/ this too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
...Have you ever ridden in one to see what they are up against? I challenge you to do that. Before you throw rocks at someone, why not walk a mile in their shoes?...

One of my (female) cousins is a trucker & I wouldn't do that job in a million yrs. But I know, someone has to do it like someone has to do all jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurinji View Post
I live near the 60/215 in east Riverside, and this is logistics industry central. Also, I've recently discovered a chip on my windshield, so there's that. My beef with the area is the pollution generated by the trucks. I plan to move as soon as I am able.

OK, yes, glad you understand! I personally don't plan on moving anytime soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Starting next year, the 60/57 interchange/s are getting completely redone to smooth and sort traffic flow through Diamond Bar better, and Caltrans is getting a ton of federal dollars for the project due to the amount of trucks that go through there

Ah, that's promising news!

Old 03-05-2021, 01:17 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,777,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
When a main port is in Long Beach and you have an area like the IE where distribution centers and logistics are a prime source of revenue, this is what happens. Just the way it is.
I stopped counting the massive local Amazon fulfillment and cross-docking centers at 17. 19 if you add the delivery centers. 20 if one adds the China-to-AMZ FBA logistics center in Southwestern Fontana, which one certainly should.

This is what happens when a given area combines a major container port facility, rail hub, hump yard, double trackage for freight with no pax train sharing to slow things down, major north/south and east/west freeways with close connections to others, two international airports (3 if LAX is included) with UPS and FedEx hubs, and lots of affordable flat land for all the sprawling DCs and trucking company yards.

I provide long-term truck parking. Business is booming.

I forgot to include this:

Last edited by Fontucky; 03-05-2021 at 02:38 AM..

Old 03-05-2021, 01:40 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,692,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I stopped counting the massive local Amazon fulfillment and cross-docking centers at 17. 19 if you add the delivery centers. 20 if one adds the China-to-AMZ FBA logistics center in Southwestern Fontana, which one certainly should.

This is what happens when a given area combines a major container port facility, rail hub, hump yard, double trackage for freight with no pax train sharing to slow things down, major north/south and east/west freeways with close connections to others, two international airports (3 if LAX is included) with UPS and FedEx hubs, and lots of affordable flat land for all the sprawling DCs and trucking company yards.

I provide long-term truck parking. Business is booming.

I forgot to include this:
Congratulations!

During the recovery from the recession of 2008+ the County of Riverside made it a priority to expand logistics and distribution centers as a means to increase revenue.

I drove in the area of the 10, 60 and 15 on my way home from work and grab dinner and the number of semis driving around is mind-boggling, especially with the airport nearby.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:53 PM

37 posts, read 36,281 times
Truckers get the blank end of the stick though out their whole careers... I know it's a choice made to have that occupation but truckers usually get treated like trash where ever they go. It is what it is. Yes there's alot of trash truckers, but like any other job the good ones get lumped together as pee bottle tossing, mouth breathing steering wheel holder lol

Old 03-11-2021, 06:39 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,025,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I personally like driving, but I tell you, being on these freeways, there are more & more semi trucks at all times of the day & it's making me dislike freeway driving more & more. Then, the lanes feel like they're narrower & that leaves no room for error if someone starts drifting into another lane for some reason. Lastly, the freeway divider is usually right up against the far left (fast) lane, so it's a little aggravating to drive because you feel like you're squished.

They'll probably never do this OR if they do, it will take another 40 yrs, but they need to add a couple of lanes (on the slowest side) for just semi trucks, so we cars can have our lanes back! I think they need to make those Express lanes able for us to drive (w/o paying) & the 2 slowest lanes on the right just for trucks.

What does everyone think? Comments about ANY part of what I said.

There was a proposal in the past to create an "inland port" in Palmdale, whereby, all cargo from the Port of Long Beach and LA would be sent via railway out to Palmdale and then picked up and hauled across the US from there. Most notably, it would get a lot of big rigs off the freeway grid throughout Southern California and free it up for normal commuter traffic.

I still think this is a great idea. Palmdale is perfect for an endeavor like that, and has ample room to grow a large inland port, as does the neighboring city of Lancaster.

I don't know why this idea hasn't actually been pursued?

Old 03-19-2021, 07:27 PM

12,652 posts, read 14,783,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple92680 View Post
There was a proposal in the past to create an "inland port" in Palmdale, whereby, all cargo from the Port of Long Beach and LA would be sent via railway out to Palmdale and then picked up and hauled across the US from there. Most notably, it would get a lot of big rigs off the freeway grid throughout Southern California and free it up for normal commuter traffic.

I still think this is a great idea. Palmdale is perfect for an endeavor like that, and has ample room to grow a large inland port, as does the neighboring city of Lancaster.

I don't know why this idea hasn't actually been pursued?

Sounds good to me too. I wish they'd get on it. I wonder is there any l iterature that can be looked up about it. I'm disliking driving the freeways more & more each time I have to get on it, which is anywhere from once a week to several times a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties