Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:23 PM

419 posts, read 1,443,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck22b View Post

Anyhow, good for you that you've made it "rich" and moved over by the coast or wherever... but some people actually choose to live out here to get away from the crowds, have a more stable family life, and have a more solid financial standing. Go ahead and live the smug, status induced, high life, but don't ridicule people for liking things to be more simple. It really shows your character.

-chuck22b
hey Chuck:

I didn't "make it rich" - just chose a smaller home over time missed with family and on the 91 fwy.

True quality of life is time spent with family.

In truth, I believe that living, working, and playing in the IE is a great way to happiness - the difficulty is in sustaining a job over a long period of time (esp in this economy) in the IE, which is starved for jobs (as evidenced by the direction of the traffic on the freeways...).

We wanted to like the Preserve, but found the location drawbacks (airport proximity, prison proximity, Chino stigma as a drag on value) too significant to ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,272,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsideringLA View Post
hey Chuck:

I didn't "make it rich" - just chose a smaller home over time missed with family and on the 91 fwy.

True quality of life is time spent with family.

In truth, I believe that living, working, and playing in the IE is a great way to happiness - the difficulty is in sustaining a job over a long period of time (esp in this economy) in the IE, which is starved for jobs (as evidenced by the direction of the traffic on the freeways...).

We wanted to like the Preserve, but found the location drawbacks (airport proximity, prison proximity, Chino stigma as a drag on value) too significant to ignore.
Well, sorry to say... but there IS a reason why median prices are up to 50% cheaper than the OC and 43% cheaper than LA.

"San Bernardino County posted the sharpest decline; its $215,000 August median sale price was down 40.3% from a year ago. Los Angeles County's median price of $380,000 was down 30.9% from a year ago. Orange County's median price of $440,000 was 31.5% lower than a year ago."
Sales up, prices down as foreclosures flood Southern California home market - Los Angeles Times

There are airports in the OC, and there are bad areas as well and it's interesting how bad areas and good areas are blocks away from each other.

True, currently the IE is job starved (for low skill, low education jobs)... but, if you are skilled or are highly educated, you actually have less competition and are highly prized comparatively (may pay less, but more valued) out here. And locating yourself in the Western IE, you actually have easier access to Los Angeles AND Orange counties than if you just lived in South OC or West LA should either market sour (like when Ameriquest, New Century, etc. in South OC collapsed).

Anyhow, it's to each their own. I like it out here in the IE and most importantly my wife likes it out here. We could of gotten a smaller place (ie, small condo 20 years old?) in the OC, but we decided for the price, accommodations, facilities, crowdedness, schools, and proximity to ... sorry to say... ghetto areas... it really wasn't worth just saying I lived in the OC as a "status" symbol.

And my commute even on the 91, hasn't really been that bad (30-45min average).

Anyhow, it's interesting how the Angeleans and the OC people Love to come to the IE boards and rat on people... I guess they can't be that happy out there.

BTW, this is a "picture" thread... so I guess if we want to continue this chat... we should do it in the Opinion on IE thread.

-chuck22b

Old 10-05-2008, 07:38 PM

330 posts, read 1,309,849 times
Default Fontana High School Race Riot

[quote=the one 1;4734494]fontana high school race riot

Thank you for posting the Fontana High School Race riot photos. I enjoyed them very much. The Black kids know they are Black. The Hispanic kids know they are Hispanic. What is there to fight about? Who smokes who? Stupid.

Last edited by Texasturkey; 10-05-2008 at 08:02 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 03:28 AM

6 posts, read 45,871 times
The first picture is of Riverside Community College (main campus) and the other is of Citrus State Park in Riverside.

Pictures of the Inland Empire-dsc00069-s.jpg

Pictures of the Inland Empire-dsc00202-s.jpg

segamon

Old 10-07-2008, 12:15 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,272,744 times
More shots of Western IE (Chino, Chino Hills):

I love the little retreat on Grand between Diamond Bar entering Chino Hills:

Cows Grazing in Chino Hills:

Chino Hills Civic Center in Construction:

Harkins Theater and Entertainment Complex - Backdrop of Mountains and Evening haze:

99 Ranch Chinese Ethnic Market:

71 Freeway entrance on Grand (Chino Spectrum on Left):

Bike ride in South Chino (was so peaceful) natural and farm-scape - border of Prado Dam Zone:

Shoppes at Chino Hills:

-chuck22b

Old 10-10-2008, 12:11 PM

6 posts, read 45,871 times
Very nice pictures, Chuck. Thank you!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:25 AM

27,223 posts, read 27,290,570 times
That last batch of pics..the set that appears to be an outdoor mall....where was that taken? Looks familiar.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 AM

160 posts, read 861,845 times
That's Chino Hills' new outdoor Mall - the Shoppe.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 AM

2 posts, read 35,064 times
Default Big picture of sanbernardino

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
Hey guys, anyone have pictures of the Inland Empire? I searched and could not find any, so i thought I'd see if anyone had some to share Thanks!
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ? THE ONLY PICTURES I KNOW OF ARE IN THE COUNTY CITY HALL LOBBY. IF YOU FIND ANY PICTURES OF THIS GOD FORSAKEN PLACE DONT TAKE ANYMORE PLEASE. WELL I GUESS YOU COULD
TAKE ONE . TELL ME THIS HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PICTURE OF SAN BERNARDINO EVEN ON A POST CARD, ? I HAVENT THE PLACE IS PRETTY
SAD, THERE IS NO CULTURE AND THE PEOPLE ARE ALL A BUNCH OF JERKS ,EXCEPT FOR MAYBE A FEW LIKE YOURSELF, ALL I SEE IS THE BIG PICTURE.
SAN BERNARDINO HAS ONE SONG WRITTEN ABOUT IT IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW
IT TELLS THE STORY VERY WELL. LOOK IT UP IT WAS WRITTEN BY FRANK ZAPPA. GREAT SONG THE SONG IS CALLED SAN BERNARDINO

Old 10-30-2008, 03:32 AM

2 posts, read 35,064 times
Question What

:[b][i][u][color="Magenta"]shocked: :con fused::con fused: AND ABUSED ON ROUTE 66
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties