Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2022, 06:04 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times

Advertisements

Im trying to decide what to do ..

Some of you know I recently sold my modular after 3 yrs in a very nice park in Bakersfield in Feb. It sold in 3 days - so fast that the best I could do was get an apt back here in WeHo near my youngest child and think about whats next....

I originally wanted a place I could live with my broodmares one last time( im nearly 60) but now after being here in this apt 3 months I'm not sure I want a mortgage anymore period . I'm wanted to try to get to the Temecula valley where a good portion of the thoroughbred farms are.. ( 5th gen Tb breeder here) Its much MUCH more economical to keep my girls at these places than the regular boarding barns I've used in the last decade.

It appears to be financially better to either rent an apt long term in Murrieta or Temecula and stick that money in a CD OR just do what I did in Bakersfield -- Buy another fancy modular in a fancy park in cash and keep my girls at one of the Tb farms down there.. I can do that in Hemet.

I am going to go look of course but I need to know if Hemet is that bad or as bad as some people have said in the recent past?? All opinions about that area are fine ..good and bad .. These places appear to be really nice yet pretty cheap and there has to be a reason.

Somehow I have managed to never have a reason to go over there and I just dont know..if any of you live around there please let me know.. I'm 59,work from home 100%, run 6 miles a day , VERY active outdoors, nonreligious, pretty much a lefty and very very private ... I have no idea if any of that matters but still...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2022, 11:50 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,265 times
Check out the Knolls in Murrieta. You can purchase a Manufactured Home and own the land. It is a 55+ community. I would not live in Hemet. You can find a good place in Murrieta and it on the Temecula border.

https://www.theknollofmurrieta.org/

Old 05-15-2022, 06:37 AM

2,077 posts, read 2,016,239 times
I like and have saved several homes in the knolls over the last year but would have to have mortgage to live there.. Im just not so sure I want a mortgage anymore is my main issue.

Old 05-15-2022, 05:50 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
No one wants to talk about Hemet. It's a hellhole. Don't move there.

Old 05-16-2022, 12:13 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I hate to say this, but pretty much all of California will become a hellhole. It's a dark blue state and blue voters will vote California into a hellhole.

Old 05-16-2022, 03:15 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,780,099 times
Quote:
While my wife and I chose not to move there, a friend and his wife did and enjoyed it. Hemet is like a lot of other cities; good areas and bad areas. Now I will admit it has more bad than good, but there are many nice areas there.

Old 05-16-2022, 06:50 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

Some of you know I recently sold my modular after 3 yrs in a very nice park in Bakersfield in Feb. It sold in 3 days - so fast that the best I could do was get an apt back here in WeHo near my youngest child and think about whats next....

I originally wanted a place I could live with my broodmares one last time( im nearly 60) but now after being here in this apt 3 months I'm not sure I want a mortgage anymore period . I'm wanted to try to get to the Temecula valley where a good portion of the thoroughbred farms are.. ( 5th gen Tb breeder here) Its much MUCH more economical to keep my girls at these places than the regular boarding barns I've used in the last decade.

It appears to be financially better to either rent an apt long term in Murrieta or Temecula and stick that money in a CD OR just do what I did in Bakersfield -- Buy another fancy modular in a fancy park in cash and keep my girls at one of the Tb farms down there.. I can do that in Hemet.

I am going to go look of course but I need to know if Hemet is that bad or as bad as some people have said in the recent past?? All opinions about that area are fine ..good and bad .. These places appear to be really nice yet pretty cheap and there has to be a reason.

Somehow I have managed to never have a reason to go over there and I just dont know..if any of you live around there please let me know.. I'm 59,work from home 100%, run 6 miles a day , VERY active outdoors, nonreligious, pretty much a lefty and very very private ... I have no idea if any of that matters but still...
TB's you say?

That can mean a few places.

1. Del Mar

2. Fairbank's Ranch

3. Temecula (Galway Downs.)

4. San Luis Rey (Downs.)

If you bred trail horses, then I'd say Norco/Chino areas. AQH heaven there...

Old 05-16-2022, 07:32 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I hate to say this, but pretty much all of California will become a hellhole. It's a dark blue state and blue voters will vote California into a hellhole.

Then why are you posting in the CA forum?

Old 05-16-2022, 07:34 PM

798 posts, read 502,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post

What about Hesperia, Ca?

Old 05-16-2022, 10:23 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,421,226 times
Quote:
Then why are you posting in the CA forum?
Huh? I was answering the person's question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties