Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2022, 05:00 PM

602 posts, read 304,234 times

Advertisements

Read the following article today and thought it might be interesting to those in or near Ontario, California, which was once the center of the dairy business...

Just click the X to close the Lend us a hand request and if you should also get a you must register to keep reading, just scroll down just a little ways and click on...I'll do it later ..and you should be good...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...zon-warehouses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 06:00 PM

10,950 posts, read 6,672,174 times
These warehouses were built in the early 1980's. They sat EMPTY for decades until business grew and they slowly began to be occupied. Warehouses and endless housing projects and shopping centers ruined the farmland. Was bound to happen. Surprised it didn't happen sooner than the 80's.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:23 PM

658 posts, read 820,148 times
Ontario is the center of Southern California, and also easy to get to Las Vegas and Arizona, it made the area what it is today. Southern California has lost most all of its farmland, Cerritos was also Dairy farms, and they are long gone too. They all moved to Idaho.

Old 12-16-2022, 06:24 AM

4,522 posts, read 6,211,640 times
Progress, eh ? At what cost ? The same thing happened in Santa Clara County, years ago. Prime farmland paved over.

Old 12-16-2022, 09:35 AM

10,950 posts, read 6,672,174 times
It's sad but completely expected. I'm absolutely shocked that this article wasn't written in 2002 instead of 2022.

Old 12-26-2022, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,180 times
same thing happened in Santa Clara County,

[url=https://movie2uhd.com/]ดูหนังออนไลน์[/url]
[url=https://movie2021-2022.com/netflix/]ดูหนัง Netflix[/url]

Old 12-28-2022, 08:21 AM

6 posts, read 9,883 times
This article hits close as i grew up in chino living and working on a dairy as a kid. My grandparents also had dairies there. Both sides of my grandparents came from Holland in the 50's and moved to Artesia and Bellflower working on the dairies there for the people who sponsored them to come to the US. The post war development moved them from there to chino. My dads parents moved to northern ca in the 80's to start a dairy here. My parents left Chino in the late 90's to move up to northern ca to start a dairy. My mom's parents stayed in chino tell my grandma passed away in 2011 and my moms family sold the dairy. It was knocked it down and a warehouse was built on it. I can see the location in the satellite photo in the article. The dairy i lived on down there got knocked down and is in the flood basin area for Prado Dam. With the way things go it might be developed for incorporated into Eastvale. I am starting to see what happened to chino during the 90's and 2000's is now happening up here where i am at. Substitute dairies for fields and orchards with warehouses going up where i work and houses going up in the other area's. Traffic has gotten worse in the last 10 years with no major development in the highway systems here. I'm a rural guy, i think my time here might be close to saying farewell to CA.

Old 12-31-2022, 12:43 PM

32,796 posts, read 12,086,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B Kind View Post
Read the following article today and thought it might be interesting to those in or near Ontario, California, which was once the center of the dairy business...

Just click the X to close the Lend us a hand request and if you should also get a you must register to keep reading, just scroll down just a little ways and click on...I'll do it later ..and you should be good...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...zon-warehouses
The author of the article either conveniently didn't ask, or decided to leave it out.....but I'll bet Ms. May was or still is a smoker.

Old 12-31-2022, 01:40 PM

1,009 posts, read 721,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
Progress, eh ? At what cost ? The same thing happened in Santa Clara County, years ago. Prime farmland paved over.
You don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot

Joni Mitchell

Old 02-19-2023, 09:17 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
My house and land in S. Fontana was once ag. The house I live in was built in 1943, and the neighboring house we also bought was built in 1932. The soil on this property is extremely rich and fecund black soil, while the varieties of citrus, grapes, and figs I grow are top quality and grown with no soil amendments. The only naturally occurring soil in So Cal that compares is what they paved over when they developed Fountain Valley in OC.

Across the street, 13.4 acres of what underlies my place is currently being developed and will soon feature a 300k+ sf concrete tilt-up warehouse. A good number of homes and businesses were obliterated to make way.

It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties