Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2024, 12:05 PM

17 posts, read 26,816 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of moving to Temecula (from San Diego). I would MUCH rather stay in SD, but home prices are forcing me to reconsider. I’ve seen houses that look very nice for 6-700K, but in SD that would signal a very bad neighborhood. What would be good areas to look at for houses that are nice, but not crazy expensive? Any areas to avoid (that are not obviously bad)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 08:29 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
I wouldn't leave out Wildomar/Murrieta either.

Old 03-24-2024, 08:59 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
Don't do it if you will still have to commute to SD for work. That commute is murder.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:36 AM

21 posts, read 45,069 times
I moved here from Oceanside in October 23’. There’s a lot I like here. Everyone talks about how hot it gets here, but fail to mention that it gets nearly as hot in Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Escondido, (anywhere that isn’t coastal SD).

Almost all of Temecula is nice neighborhoods. I moved to Paloma Del Sol. Had no knowledge of the community, just found a house I liked and bought it. Paloma, Paseo Del Sol, Vintage Hills, Redhawk, Wolfcreek, Vail Ranch, Starlight Ridge, all nice. If you will be visiting San Diego, make sure you buy south of Rancho California Rd. You want to be able to exit at Temecula Parkway (or Rainbow Canyon rd) when returning home and you’re sitting in traffic. I’ll say that again. Live in proximity to where you are able to exit at Temecula Pkwy. I should say it 100 times. Cheat code is if you live north of Temecula Parkeay but south of Rancho California Rd, you can exit at Temecula Pkwy and make a left (west) when all traffic is trying to go east and sitting at multiple traffic lights. You can take Old Town Front St to Santiago Rd and get home.

You really can’t find a bad neighborhood in Temecula. Southern Temecula is better IMO. I think most would agree. Parks are great up here. Temecula is excellent for families. Everything is close by. I never have to get on the 15 for anything. Unlike when I lived in Oceanside I’d drive on the 5 for everything.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:49 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
As an occasional visitor to Temecula, I definitely agree about the freeway exit! Every time we drive up there from Scripps ranch, the really bad traffic starts right there where you can still get off of the freeway in time without sitting in it.

It's such a nice city, the wineries are booming, Old Town seems to be thriving with a lot of activity and great restaurants, and the housing stock is really nice and definitely more affordable than San Diego.

So we live in easternmost Scripps ranch, just south of Poway, and while it can get hot here, I sometimes check the Temecula forecast in the summer, and it's even worse. I think Ramona is the closest to Temecula's climate here in San Diego County. Definitely similar, but Temecula seems to be in the 90s much of the summer, while we tend to be in the 80s. However, Temecula has lower humidity and an afternoon breeze, which makes it feel pretty comfortable.

Definitely a great place to live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttec23 View Post
I moved here from Oceanside in October 23’. There’s a lot I like here. Everyone talks about how hot it gets here, but fail to mention that it gets nearly as hot in Poway, Rancho Bernardo, Escondido, (anywhere that isn’t coastal SD).

Almost all of Temecula is nice neighborhoods. I moved to Paloma Del Sol. Had no knowledge of the community, just found a house I liked and bought it. Paloma, Paseo Del Sol, Vintage Hills, Redhawk, Wolfcreek, Vail Ranch, Starlight Ridge, all nice. If you will be visiting San Diego, make sure you buy south of Rancho California Rd. You want to be able to exit at Temecula Parkway (or Rainbow Canyon rd) when returning home and you’re sitting in traffic. I’ll say that again. Live in proximity to where you are able to exit at Temecula Pkwy. I should say it 100 times. Cheat code is if you live north of Temecula Parkeay but south of Rancho California Rd, you can exit at Temecula Pkwy and make a left (west) when all traffic is trying to go east and sitting at multiple traffic lights. You can take Old Town Front St to Santiago Rd and get home.

You really can’t find a bad neighborhood in Temecula. Southern Temecula is better IMO. I think most would agree. Parks are great up here. Temecula is excellent for families. Everything is close by. I never have to get on the 15 for anything. Unlike when I lived in Oceanside I’d drive on the 5 for everything.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
As an occasional visitor to Temecula, I definitely agree about the freeway exit! Every time we drive up there from Scripps ranch, the really bad traffic starts right there where you can still get off of the freeway in time without sitting in it.

It's such a nice city, the wineries are booming, Old Town seems to be thriving with a lot of activity and great restaurants, and the housing stock is really nice and definitely more affordable than San Diego.

So we live in easternmost Scripps ranch, just south of Poway, and while it can get hot here, I sometimes check the Temecula forecast in the summer, and it's even worse. I think Ramona is the closest to Temecula's climate here in San Diego County. Definitely similar, but Temecula seems to be in the 90s much of the summer, while we tend to be in the 80s. However, Temecula has lower humidity and an afternoon breeze, which makes it feel pretty comfortable.

Definitely a great place to live!
For sure, probably a tad hotter up here. When it’s 105 here it’s 75-80 in Oceanside.
But one time my wife and two kids wanted to go hiking on an overcast day in Oceanside, I think it was June. We went to Lake Hodges, the sun was blaring and it was 92 degrees, very hot in the direct sunlight. We walked on the path for maybe 10 min and walked back to the cars. It was too hot to recreate and that was in Escondido. My point I guess is when it’s too hot to recreate in non-coastal San Diego, you’re either at the beach or inside in your AC. So maybe it’s 92 in Escondido and 102 up here. Hot is hot and the heat in the summer keeps you from hiking/biking during the day.

It’s about trade offs. I’m in 3/3 bath home with 1600 sq ft, nice size front and back yard. No one behind me. At this stage in my life I need the creature comforts of a nice home more than proximity to nightlife. I wish I had bought somewhere off the 56 10 years ago. There’s definitely more options for going out in San Diego than up here. The vibe is not San Diego either. But we have a home and we needed a home. We paid $670k. I’m paying more for a mortgage than I want but that’s another topic.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:30 AM

On a recent date night the wife and I drove to Belching Beaver in Vista Village. Took 40 min to get there. You can still have your fun in north SD if your cool with a 40 min drive. It’s nice to go down, have fun, and come back to a nice home. Before we moved here we were renting a 650 sq ft duplex in South O. Way too cramped. But we could walk to everything. Tradeoffs.

Old 04-04-2024, 12:13 PM

Times Square Pizza and Bagels - best pizza here
Thai To Go - best Thai food
Aztek Tacos - best Mexican here
Best Pizza is opening a location in Murrieta soon
Karl Strauss Brewery/YardHouse/BoardnBrew all here
Haven’t tried Solaris or 8bit brewery yet but plan on it
Akash is our favorite winery with awesome pizza

Old 04-07-2024, 02:22 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times
I was in Temec yesterday. About noon time.

HOLY MOLY THE TRAFFIC!!!!

HOLY MOLY THE TRAFFIC!!!

HOLY MOLY THE TRAFFIC!!!

Got gas at the "cheap" Shell and putted thru "Main St Temec"

Rancho Calif Road, up the hill into DeLuz.

Ahhhhhh, more like it.

Fallbrook is always nice.

Temecula has been ruined.

Old 04-13-2024, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I was in Temec yesterday. About noon time.

HOLY MOLY THE TRAFFIC!!!!

HOLY MOLY THE TRAFFIC!!!

HOLY MOLY THE TRAFFIC!!!

Got gas at the "cheap" Shell and putted thru "Main St Temec"

Rancho Calif Road, up the hill into DeLuz.

Ahhhhhh, more like it.

Fallbrook is always nice.

Temecula has been ruined.

Definitely traffic here. Lots of schools. Morning and afternoons get busy here. Population growth I suppose. I’ve only lived here 6 months so I don’t know how it used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties