Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2024, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,194 times

Advertisements

Currently interviewing and may consider Riverside. Question..what’s it like living there? I am Black and single female. Where I am now I have to drive 2 hours to find a salon. And what about the over all feel of the area? Anyone with any advice please be honest. Looking for a forever home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2024, 03:17 PM

501 posts, read 195,888 times
Stay as far away from neighboring Moreno Valley as you can.

Also consider the nearby cities of Murrieta, Temecula and Wildomar. It's a lot of area to cover.

It's been a while, but I recall the Arlington district of Riverside being fairly nice.

Old 03-28-2024, 04:38 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
There are plenty of nice areas in Riverside.

https://riversideca.gov/residents

"Today, to my surprise, Riverside — the largest city in the Inland Empire, with over 320,000 residents — proves more alluring than ever. The revived downtown area hums with new nightlife and dining destinations, and monthly art walks demonstrate a thriving scene. Restaurant options are as plentiful and exciting as in Los Angeles or San Diego — often with a reduced price tag. "

https://www.latimes.com/travel/list/...do-restaurants

Old 04-01-2024, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 947 times
You don't need to stay as far away from Moreno valley as possible. That's absurd. It has relatively decent crime and income statistics. It garners a stigma because of it's larger black population than many other IE cities. That being said, its perfectly fine, but it is an ass ugly town. Riverside is pretty, has a sizeable black population, however is a vibrant downtown, arts, colleges, community, etc. Moreno valley has the feeling of Fresno or Bakersfield. Riverside has the closest feeling of metropolitan City like LA or Pasadena, even if less desirable. There's lots of good in riverside. Tons of nature. Warm/mild winters. Hot so summers. 1 hour to beach and LA etc. lots of parks, 4 colleges, inclusing prominent UCR with a cool botanical garden and trails. Stop by downtown riverside and see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties