Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:31 AM

39 posts, read 151,000 times

Advertisements

What effect will forclosures and low home values have on beautiful and safe neighborhoods in the IE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 12:45 PM

20 posts, read 111,994 times
i doubt there will be an untouched spot in IE by the reo crisis the beautiful neighborhoods are the ones where people are most in debt so i guess the answer is its gonna have a huge effect.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:33 PM

4 posts, read 9,698 times
The ongoing "mortgage crisis" has not yet reached it's peak and the sad part about this fiasco is that there is help out there for homeowners. REAL help. There is one company in particular that has been helping people facing involuntary foreclosure for almost a year now, with incredible results. They can't save everyone but their track record to date is in the high 70 percentile. They not only abate foreclosures, but offer so many more amenities such as debt settlement at 50% on the dollar, loan modification, predatory lending reveiw WITH recovery, marriage counselling, tax reassessment, short sale assistance, relocation assistance, and a lot more. Can't name the company here due to restrictions, but suffice it to say, there is help out there for people. I see so many homes empty everywhere, and they don't have to be. So many lives and families uprooted and tossed into the abyss because they are either ashamed, or just don't know their options, and they do have options. EVERYONE reading this knows at least one person facing this horrendous time right now and no one wants to speak about it. WHY? I keep reading about these "great" communities in SoCal, but they are emptying faster than they are filling up. I lost my home to an illegal foreclosure by the "world's biggest lender" out of SimiValley. Took 'em to court and finally got my HOME

Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 PM

back, and it did take a while, but that is MY home. The place where my boys built their gokarts, and bikes, learned to play ball, brought their many girlfriends home to meet the family. this was our home and by God , we got it back, after it had gone back to the bank. This company is attorney backed and they get it done. There is help out there for those trying to figure out their next move and they walk you through the entire process. No, I'm not a shill for them, I just know what they can do and what they did for me. There is help for you that really want it. All you have to do is stop being embarrassed, ashamed and scared, and ASK! ! ! A lot of us were in the same boat and now we sleep at night, knowing our home is still ours.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:48 PM

americanhomesavors is now located @ 931 N main St, Corona, 92880

Old 08-05-2008, 06:08 PM

315 posts, read 349,472 times
'I lost my home to an illegal foreclosure'

Illegal foreclosure? What do you mean by that?

Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude25 View Post
What effect will forclosures and low home values have on beautiful and safe neighborhoods in the IE.
This time is tough for so many people....almost everyone you meet has been directly affected by it, but I'm looking at the bright-side too. Real people with real families can start affording homes, we can get back on track with standard mortgages (none of this interest-only negative-amortization business that only led people straight into trouble), and people don't have to move to Texas just so they can afford a house. There were so many neighborhoods filled with people paying over 50% of their salary just to their mortgage- and not living in the lap of luxury or anything. Once it turns back around, and eventually it will, I think "real" home values will actually be a benefit to the community. Home ownership shouldn't be just for the wealthy, or investors who buy up the houses then rent them to people who will never be able to own. And I just think it's funny that we consider $120/sq ft to be a "low home value" around here. If you look at the rest of the country, that really isn't the case! We're just so used to things being overpriced, I guess....

Old 08-06-2008, 05:08 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,834,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
This time is tough for so many people....almost everyone you meet has been directly affected by it, but I'm looking at the bright-side too. Real people with real families can start affording homes, we can get back on track with standard mortgages (none of this interest-only negative-amortization business that only led people straight into trouble), and people don't have to move to Texas just so they can afford a house. There were so many neighborhoods filled with people paying over 50% of their salary just to their mortgage- and not living in the lap of luxury or anything. Once it turns back around, and eventually it will, I think "real" home values will actually be a benefit to the community. Home ownership shouldn't be just for the wealthy, or investors who buy up the houses then rent them to people who will never be able to own. And I just think it's funny that we consider $120/sq ft to be a "low home value" around here. If you look at the rest of the country, that really isn't the case! We're just so used to things being overpriced, I guess....
Things were definitely overpriced in your area. Modest Places in the High Desert (Apple Valley) were selling for about $400,000 at its peak in 2006. Totally ridiculous, in my opinion. Now, those same houses are around $180,000. In the long run, it will help the area. Things were out of control, and now they've been brought back to reality. The unfortunate thing is that people had to get hurt in the process, all because of predatory lending, liberal lending by banks, subprime loans, housing value exaggerations, as well as by "Flippers".

Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraper Enthusiast View Post
Things were definitely overpriced in your area. Modest Places in the High Desert (Apple Valley) were selling for about $400,000 at its peak in 2006. Totally ridiculous, in my opinion. Now, those same houses are around $180,000. In the long run, it will help the area. Things were out of control, and now they've been brought back to reality. The unfortunate thing is that people had to get hurt in the process, all because of predatory lending, liberal lending by banks, subprime loans, housing value exaggerations, as well as by "Flippers".
Yes, totally agreed! We're on the same page. All the various pages mentioned

Old 08-07-2008, 10:34 AM

69 posts, read 1,128,885 times
Everything has been so over inflated for years, it had to bust open at some point. We just bought a foreclosure in Menifee. It's beautiful, we got it at a great price, and we are so glad we saved and waited instead of getting into the mess. No one forced anyone into a bad loan. It's about time things corrected themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties