Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times

Advertisements

Had a candidate for city council ask me this question in a local restraunte today. He wanted to be able to address the important issues should he be sucessful in running for the council seat. he seamed surprised at my responce. How would you respond to the question ? What are the 5 best things about the City of Yucaipa and What are the 5 worst thing about the City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 12:38 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
The 5 best things about yucaipa,ca are cleaner air,less people then redlands & san bernardino,close to the mountains,cooler in summer & a more rural community.The 5 worse things about yucaipa,ca are Mayor Dick Driddell,Alan Adrusys,Tom Masner,Denise Hoyt & too much taffic congestion on yucaipa blvd from the I10 freeway all the way up to Bryant st.

Old 09-21-2008, 12:18 PM

9 posts, read 53,377 times
The Good:
1. decent air quality
2. good schools
3. more of a seasonal shift in weather than other places in the Inland Empire
4. established and thriving youth sports programs

The Bad
1. nothing for teens to do without leaving town (no movie theater, ect...)
2. prominent city government officials who refuse to see Yucaipa as a growing city in need of commercial interests
3. other cities getting tax benefits from citizens of Yucaipa because of the lack of relevant shopping in town.
4. the petty racism that still exists

Old 09-21-2008, 11:15 PM

10 posts, read 38,079 times
Best:
1) Low crime
2) Better than average schools
3) Nice amenities and programming for families (public pool, regional park, skate park, etc.)
4) Inexpensive housing

Worst:
1) No restaurants (except fast food), shopping (except groceries), or hotels
2) High property taxes
3) Not nearly the art offerings as Redlands
4) Poor traffic design (Yucaipa Boulevard)
5) State's juvenile delinquents being shipped here from NoCal

Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM

14 posts, read 39,582 times
Best:
1) The people!
2) Air Quality
3) Kind of an old rustic community vibe
4) Close to the mountains

Worst:
1) Odd streets
2) Always have a hard time finding gas stations
3) Cracked side streets
4) Too much brush, always looks like its going to catch fire

Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 22,478 times
There are no good things about Yucaipa.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARY4991 View Post
There are no good things about Yucaipa.
Sorry to hear that just read the News Mirror they had comments from many people who stated what a great job the city council members have done !!!! ????

Old 10-10-2008, 03:16 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Sorry to hear that just read the News Mirror they had comments from many people who stated what a great job the city council members have done !!!! ????
Alot of people in yucaipa are fooled by the city council.Its like anything the council says & does people believe them without question.Totally unbelievable. Yucaipa is very congested & the traffic on yucaipa blvd from the 10 freeway to bryant st is absolutely terrible.Many traffic accidents occur on 5th & yucaipa blvd.The police station is right on the corner & the city hall 12 million dollar palace with the 750k park is next to the police station.Yucaipa is a VERY boring city With very expensive stores/shops in town.I go to Beaumont/Banning to shop (walmart,home depot,food 4 less,etc..).Walgreens in town as well as the 2 hardware stores will set you back a arm & a leg.Redlands is still my #1 choice....southside of course.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 8,683 times
Default Advice about Yucaipa?

I see this is an old thread, but maybe some of you can help me, since you mentioned the traffic.

My husband and I are looking at a lovely house in the Rolling Hills community (just north of the Regional Park/Community Center) that I really want to put an offer on. The house itself is exactly what we want, and we like the area (mountain-y, rural feel with bigger yards...that's what we've been looking for).

However, my husband will be commuting to Loma Linda every day, and he's heard bad things about how awful the congestion gets on Oak Glen/Yucaipa Blve. when school is in and everyone's commuting down to the freeway. He hates sitting stuck in traffic and taking forever to get to the freeway! He currently rides his bike to work from our apartment and is sad to give that up...but I love the house so much and we haven't found a better one closer.

My question is, how bad is it in the mornings and evenings really, coming and going from Rolling Hills? Is it truly so bad that we shouldn't get the house? Or have those reports been exaggerated? Any advice, or tips on other routes to take that aren't as bad?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahousenewbie View Post
I see this is an old thread, but maybe some of you can help me, since you mentioned the traffic.

My husband and I are looking at a lovely house in the Rolling Hills community (just north of the Regional Park/Community Center) that I really want to put an offer on. The house itself is exactly what we want, and we like the area (mountain-y, rural feel with bigger yards...that's what we've been looking for).

However, my husband will be commuting to Loma Linda every day, and he's heard bad things about how awful the congestion gets on Oak Glen/Yucaipa Blve. when school is in and everyone's commuting down to the freeway. He hates sitting stuck in traffic and taking forever to get to the freeway! He currently rides his bike to work from our apartment and is sad to give that up...but I love the house so much and we haven't found a better one closer.

My question is, how bad is it in the mornings and evenings really, coming and going from Rolling Hills? Is it truly so bad that we shouldn't get the house? Or have those reports been exaggerated? Any advice, or tips on other routes to take that aren't as bad?
If you stay on Oak glen Road , cross the freeway to Sand Timatao Canyon Rd and come in on Barton Rd. near the Redlands Hospital , while a little longer you avoid all the traffic on the 10 fwy, and the accidents . Also you need to consider the financial state of Yucaipa with all the loss of value due to foreclosures , Taxes going sky high to make up the differance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties