Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM

6 posts, read 16,143 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I will be moving to Riverside, California from Washington state for a new job at Parkview Community Hospital Medical Center starting in July. I am trying to rent an apartment close to where I work in a good neighborhood. I know it's close to download so if there isn't any decent neighborhood around the downtown area I have a car as well. I have kids so I will be looking at a two bedrooms apartment but good neighborhood is a must and safe for kids to play outside during day time. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
Jason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM

3 posts, read 8,517 times
Hi Jason,
I work at Parkview, have for 27 years. How close do you want to live from the hospital. There aren't many nice areas close to the hospital, not really bad neighborhoods, but not great. You'll have to be careful about the downtown area. They are trying to clean it up but is still very iffy. You might try the Canyon Crest area. I know the homes are nice there but not too sure about apartments. I live in a town called Mira Loma, about 8 miles from Parkview, and have horses. I'll ask around about good areas for apartments.
Margaret

Old 06-09-2008, 10:41 AM

Hi Margaret,
Thanks for your reply and your help. I don't really need to live close to the hospital. Because I am used to use public transportations here in the state I figure if I can continue to use it, it will be great. That was the only reason I want to live close by where I will work so I don't have to drive. However, I would much prefer to live in a great neighborhood. I would try to limit driving time to half hour one way if possible. I won't be able to buy a house right away so I will be looking at an apartment for sure. If you can ask around to see if there are any great areas for apartment I will be greatly appreciated. Do you know roughly how much for a two bedrooms apartment would cost? As I have never been to Riverside, I have no idea about the area. Thanks again for your help.
Jason

Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 8,517 times
Hi Jason,
I was talking to a friend who's a real estate agent and he said definitely not the downtown area as I suspected, especially not if you have children. I don't know if you've ever looked at the website realtor.com but you can look at some of the rentals there. I was just looking briefly and it looks like they have some 2 bedroom apts for about $1,200 but I don't know if they are good for kids. At least you could get some numbers to call. I think the ones in Mission Villas is a good neighborhood, about 20 min from the hospital (depending on traffic) and I'm not sure how good public transit would be from there. Give it a try and let me know if that helped.

Margaret

Old 06-10-2008, 08:47 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Canyon Crest is good and relatively close, wood streets is a nice area that's adjacent to downtown (really restored homes and rental units, a friend of mine rented here, forgot how much he paid). Victoria, Magnolia Center, are close and also nice as well. Magnolia Center contains more apartments than Wood Streets and contains Riverside Plaza. Victoria is picturesque with Victoria Blvd, a historic rose and palm lined blvd. Some apartment homes on the blvd. Hope this helps.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:45 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
Well how much do you want to pay for rent? There are good rentals by UCR and surrounding places. Many new home developments have rentals from investors that have it as an investment property

Old 06-10-2008, 02:38 PM

As for the rent, I am trying to limit to less than or about $1000/month if possible. I do need a parking space for my car. Does anyone has know any websites to search for apartments in the riverside area? I only know websites like rent.com or move.com but I don't think they are very good. Thanks again for all your help.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:06 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
apartments.com, craigslist.org, realtor.com. Do you want a roomate?

Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,438,706 times
How unfortunate to move from a beautiful state like Wa. to move to the Inland Empire.. tough luck..

Old 06-10-2008, 10:54 PM

983 posts, read 4,441,061 times
I know a property management that has apts in Riverside and they really keep up the properties. Try looking at eqr.com
Not sure if you can find anything in California in very nice neighborhoods for $1000 or less, especially 2 bdrms.

Wish you the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties