Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM

7,704 posts, read 12,538,544 times

Advertisements

I've searched everywhere on airport sites! San Bernardino apparently only has an international airport. Strange for a small city. I would have thought it would have been a local airport that transfers people to other bigger airports. Anyway, my plans of going now are in the ruins. I have no idea what airport is closest to 'dino and how I'm going to afford another 100 hundred dollars to pay to get me to the city then get myself to my future apartment! This is really aggravating! My plan was that after 2 years of college I was gonna move to San Bernardino into these great affordable apartment homes. I checked almost everything to do. Down deposits, monthly pricing, airplane tickets, if the apartments has all the necessities etc. When I get my bachelor's degree, I'm gonna apply for some kind of job over there (whatever career i get into) but I need to have everything down to a punch. The aiport is one the things that's giving me a prob though.

Also, please don't tell me my plan is unreachable. I'll tell you what's unreachable. My spoiled cousin tells me his parents are gonna pay for his future flat in Beverly Hills. He's not even rich though that's the thing. I asked him how in the world does he expect his parents to pay for that when they got their own bills and home to take care of. His plan to me seems totally out of whack. At least I checked and what I'm doing is seemingly reasonable right? I mean I'm only 15 but I have big plans!

Last edited by allenk893; 08-27-2008 at 08:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,398,010 times
San Bernardino Airport is NOT an international airport in terms of service. Not a single airline serves that airport with regular commercial service. It has private planes and some cargo planes ONLY. It is called international because it has a runway that is long enough to handle large jets like the 747 or A340 that usually do international routes, but no airline serves San Bernardino.

Here is a picture of the empty terminal that no airline uses: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/SBDTerminal_b.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-27-2008, 08:52 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,398,010 times
The closest airport to San Bernardino is Ontario Airport with nonstop service to:
* Aeroméxico Gates 208, 209 (Guadalajara, Mexico City) [departures only]
* Alaska Airlines Gates 205, 206 (Portland (OR), Seattle/Tacoma)
o Horizon Air (Portland (OR))
* Continental Airlines Gate 207 (Houston-Intercontinental)
* Delta Air Lines Gates 210 - 212 (Atlanta, Salt Lake City)
o Delta Connection operated by SkyWest (Salt Lake City)
o Delta Connection operated by ExpressJet Airlines (Salt Lake City) [ends September 1][4]
* ExpressJet Airlines Gates 208 - 210 (Albuquerque, Boise, Colorado Springs, El Paso, Fresno, Kansas City, Monterey, Reno/Tahoe, San Antonio, Spokane, Tucson) [ends September 2]
* Great Lakes Airlines (Merced, Prescott, Visalia) [begins September 7]
* JetBlue Airways Gate 203 (New York-JFK) [ends September 3]
* United Airlines Gates 201 - 202
o United Express operated by SkyWest (San Francisco)
o Ted operated by United Airlines (Denver)
* American Airlines Gate 410 (Dallas/Fort Worth)
* Southwest Airlines Gates 401 - 403, 405 - 408 (Las Vegas, Nashville, Oakland, Phoenix, Reno/Tahoe, Sacramento, San Jose (CA))
* US Airways Gates 411, 412 (Phoenix)
o US Airways Express operated by Mesa Airlines (Phoenix)

It is just a few minutes drive to San Bernardino from Ontario Airport.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:26 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,309,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
San Bernardino Airport is NOT an international airport in terms of service. Not a single airline serves that airport with regular commercial service. It has private planes and some cargo planes ONLY. It is called international because it has a runway that is long enough to handle large jets like the 747 or A340 that usually do international routes, but no airline serves San Bernardino.

Here is a picture of the empty terminal that no airline uses:
I believe the "International" designation has to do with whether or not there's a customs/immigration presence at the airport. Even if there's no commercial airline service, someone might charter a jet in from a foreign country and need to legally get themselves and their cargo into the country once they land.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome View Post
The closest airport to San Bernardino is Ontario Airport with nonstop service to:
* Aeroméxico Gates 208, 209 (Guadalajara, Mexico City) [departures only]
* Alaska Airlines Gates 205, 206 (Portland (OR), Seattle/Tacoma)
o Horizon Air (Portland (OR))
* Continental Airlines Gate 207 (Houston-Intercontinental)
* Delta Air Lines Gates 210 - 212 (Atlanta, Salt Lake City)
o Delta Connection operated by SkyWest (Salt Lake City)
o Delta Connection operated by ExpressJet Airlines (Salt Lake City) [ends September 1][4]
* ExpressJet Airlines Gates 208 - 210 (Albuquerque, Boise, Colorado Springs, El Paso, Fresno, Kansas City, Monterey, Reno/Tahoe, San Antonio, Spokane, Tucson) [ends September 2]
* Great Lakes Airlines (Merced, Prescott, Visalia) [begins September 7]
* JetBlue Airways Gate 203 (New York-JFK) [ends September 3]
* United Airlines Gates 201 - 202
o United Express operated by SkyWest (San Francisco)
o Ted operated by United Airlines (Denver)
* American Airlines Gate 410 (Dallas/Fort Worth)
* Southwest Airlines Gates 401 - 403, 405 - 408 (Las Vegas, Nashville, Oakland, Phoenix, Reno/Tahoe, Sacramento, San Jose (CA))
* US Airways Gates 411, 412 (Phoenix)
o US Airways Express operated by Mesa Airlines (Phoenix)

It is just a few minutes drive to San Bernardino from Ontario Airport.
Hey thanks so much! And one of them is right in my city straight to that airport! That is so cool, my plans are back! I feel so much better honestly!

Old 08-28-2008, 08:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,256,104 times
That's where they shot the drag racing scene of The Fast & The Furious I.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM

170 posts, read 645,824 times
Um just one question? How can whether or not an airport that isn't in your town cause all your plans to fall through? Like you said, you're 15 can't you save up money for a cab ride? And sure you can get there, but how are you going to commute to work? How are you going to get groceries? You're also going to need a car! Now I'm not saying your plan is unreachable by any means, I'm just saying you're only 15. Enjoy your time, don't worry TOO much about the future, enjoy the present. Who knows where you'll be in a few years.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:36 PM

852 posts, read 3,798,951 times
Picking San Bernardino because it's cheap, not really knowing anything about the city, and then being bent out of shape that the "international" airport (the former air base) wouldn't take you from your post-college, already-chosen apartment area ... take a breath. There is plenty of texting to get in between now and putting the frame of an adult life together. And, by then, you might have determined that there are not too many less-attractive California places for a young adult to live and work than San Bernardino.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppybunn View Post
Um just one question? How can whether or not an airport that isn't in your town cause all your plans to fall through? Like you said, you're 15 can't you save up money for a cab ride? And sure you can get there, but how are you going to commute to work? How are you going to get groceries? You're also going to need a car! Now I'm not saying your plan is unreachable by any means, I'm just saying you're only 15. Enjoy your time, don't worry TOO much about the future, enjoy the present. Who knows where you'll be in a few years.
Well, I was thinking that I could take the bus. I was thinking that for the first paycheck that falls through, I can pay some cheap groceries and pay half of the rent with the rest of the money. And you know, go back to work get another paycheck and pay the rest and buy food and stuff in between. I'll have to buy an inflatable bed for the first few weeks though. I know I won't have enough money to get a bed set. I'll have to live without television and a computer for a while until I can properly afford it.
You see, it seems like I have enough time to enjoy young adult life and all that but really, living on my own is just around the corner and I have to be prepared and have a plan. Poor people on the street I assume did not make future plans when they were teens. That may have contributed to the reason they are out on the sidelines now. You have to stay in this game called life in order to survive. So that's basically my philosy or whatever. I'm just trying to secure my future. I'm already not good at math. What happens if I don't pass anything?! I need to have plans.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
Picking San Bernardino because it's cheap, not really knowing anything about the city, and then being bent out of shape that the "international" airport (the former air base) wouldn't take you from your post-college, already-chosen apartment area ... take a breath. There is plenty of texting to get in between now and putting the frame of an adult life together. And, by then, you might have determined that there are not too many less-attractive California places for a young adult to live and work than San Bernardino.
I don't think so. See what I was planning was in between college, on spring break or something, I'll save up money for a week's trip to San Bernardino! If I don't like it, I'll choose to live in another equally-attractive affordable city in California. There's got to be some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties