Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:41 PM

259 posts, read 1,918,181 times

Advertisements

I Would Stick With Apple Valley....lots Of Retiries Woth Money To Buy! And It's Beautiful There....also Oak Hills Is The Younger Set Using Equity From The Sale Of Inland Homes To Purchase There....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 10:50 PM

96 posts, read 751,105 times
Sanda, I asked my husband and he wasn't sure either. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you some helpful info soon. Good luck to you.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM

437 posts, read 2,238,732 times
Gee, where are all the Apple Valley people? I have lived here 20 years. I think it is the best area of the high desert. It is very pretty here and hilly. That is something that appeals to some people buying.

I know that the land is high here but worth every penny. Our streets are so much better than Hesperia or Oak Hills. Hesperia lets their streets fall apart and Apple Valley repairs right now if needed. That is what I like.

There are areas around Bear Valley and Navajo and Kiowa that are starting to have crime. It hasn't gotten out of control yet that I have seen.

I live up high on a hill over looking the valley. Its nice up here but we want to move now because of to many new homes living next door. There is still lots of land here in Apple Valley if you can afford it.

Any of questions, just ask.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:37 PM

7 posts, read 29,206 times
what about Lucerne Valley,Ca on crime and whether it is a good or bad AREA or pretty like Apple Valley

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 PM

5 posts, read 15,385 times
Been here for over 30 years. Apple Valley. Remarkable change and growth. Be patient and you will prosper.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
The area is absolutely beautiful, and you are completely away from the California congestion. I went there as a young child, and it's an awesome place. There is hardly any traffic, the summer's are extremely warm, but it does cool down at night. The low for the winter months is 31 with a high of about 60. The low for the summer months is about 61, with the high being 99 as a dry heat(weather.comApple Valley). I know little more, but head up there, I think you will like it alot.
things have changes since you were a child. the traffic along bear valley road is absolutely ridiculous. apple valley is very far off the freeway to be convenient. the high home prices have brought an influx of people to the area and some are not so good. we finally got out of there a year ago and are happy we did.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionar7 View Post
what about Lucerne Valley,Ca on crime and whether it is a good or bad AREA or pretty like Apple Valley
lucerne valley is out in the middle of nowhere. if that's your thing then it will be perfect for you. my friend lived out there for 20 years and loved it. only problem is. you have to drive kinda far for everything.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
things have changes since you were a child. the traffic along bear valley road is absolutely ridiculous. apple valley is very far off the freeway to be convenient. the high home prices have brought an influx of people to the area and some are not so good. we finally got out of there a year ago and are happy we did.
I can't understand why you would be happy to leave Apple Valley, it's a wonderful place. I spend 50 years in OC, which is great too, but it's slower out here. We love it.
Everyone has their own opinion...

Old 02-13-2009, 03:36 PM

12 posts, read 28,218 times
Apple Valley is a wonderful city. After living in the high desert for over two years, my wife and I finally moved there. I know there is a lot of negatives people post regarding the "high desert" but there will always be negatives in any city no matter where you live. Think of Apple Valley as the premier community of the high desert. Just look at the corner of Apple Valley and Bear Valley Roads and Hwy 18 with the Supertarget. Just a little over 2 years ago, the Target in the Bear Valley/Apple Valley intersection was the only store standing, now there’s best buy, 24 hour fitness (still being built), Petsmart, etc. I really think Apple Valley could build a center something like Victoria Gardens and attract more businesses and people. Just looking at the town's mission says it all. Rather than approving and letting anybody just build in their city, they wait for the best.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
My parents and brother live in Hesperia and mom works in Victorville. I used to live in both Hesperia and Victorville, and I own rental property in both Hesperia and Victorville. There is a lot of traffic - especially on Bear Valley and on Main Street. The area on Bear Valley near the mall is a nightmare! A long time ago I used to live in Eagle Ranch and it was very nice - but that was years ago. There used to be nothing out there - just Eagle Ranch and a few builder spec homes scattered here and there. Now that area around Eagle Ranch is nothing but homes - and they're all packed in close to each other - all you see are roof tops. When I am in the area it's just depressing to me. I know a lot of people like the area, and that's fine. It's just not my cup of tea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties