Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 07:44 PM

1,029 posts, read 2,482,260 times

Advertisements

I have family who live off Nisqually Rd in a newer manufactured home park.
Homes are selling for 99-120K now. (I Think)
The park is gated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 04:06 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,293,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude777 View Post
I have to say that the intersection on Apple Valley Rd. and Bear Valley Rd. is genius to say the least. The people behind the design of the Starbucks complex deserve awards....right out of the Jetsons!! So retro and cool looking. The new Target shops are fantastic and my wife loves having the new Mervyns close by. I was at the new Super Target today and its so nice to shop in such a clean new store and plenty of room to park.
This is why I don't understand why some people are so down on Apple Valley. They're getting some pretty good shopping there ... a lot better than Hesperia where I live (although Hesperia will also get a super Target so maybe that will help).

Every time I drive over there ... there's something brand new going up I haven't seen before. You read bad things posted on this board but then ... what you see in reality is totally different. Obviously a lot of major businesses think the area is a good investment.

We almost moved to Apple Valley but, didn't want the long commute to the 15 since we knew we'd both be working down the hill. But, other than the commuting downside ... I definitely think it's the best place to live in the area.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:27 PM

15 posts, read 51,677 times
That's a great area! My family lives there. IT was really empty when we first moved in, but more houses are being built. That area is NOT felany flats- it is near Thunderbird, but much further east, towards the middle school. That highway has been talked about for years and years, and nothing's come of it. I attended Granite Hills and thought it was a good school. My dad works at Apple Valley Middle, which is older than Vista Campana. I attended Rancho Verda and Yucca Loma Elementary schools. Yucca Loma is the younger ande more modern of the two- there's a pond (walled in) and a garden area. I had friends in the GATE program (gifted and talented someting-or-other), and they told me about the cool learning activities they did.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvflyer View Post
FWIW- I have always heard that Apple Vally/ Hesperia is the Meth capital of So Cal.
I don't know about that ... those towns might have to fight with Desert Hot Springs for the title!

Old 06-03-2013, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,563 times
It's 2013 and I just moved to Apple Valley from Orange County and so far I like it! You can get really nice relatively new homes (year 2001 and up) on 1/2 to 1 acre lots for half the price of OC. Depending on the area, houses can run from $100K to $1 million so you have the option of rural-like country living or wealthy gated communities and typical suburban houses in-between. Vibe and feeling is sort of "Middle America" with country music and christian radio stations and shopping at Jesse Ranch has Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Applebees, Chipotle, Starbucks, Massage Envy, Burlington Coat Factory, etc. so it does have all the basics you need. ( Jess Ranch Marketplace ) The bad rep may be because of lower-income residents living in surrounding areas. Apple Valley is located 1/2 way between Los Angeles and Las Vegas and near Big Bear and Mt. Baldy and the Wolf Sanctuary and Desert Zen Center/Buddhist Temple in Lucerne Valley, and because of travelers going back and forth, there are enough international restaurants in the surrounding areas of Victorville, Hesperia, and Adelante as well as Apple Valley itself. It's a slower paced life with amazing sunsets so if mellow is your style, it would be good for you. But if you want nightlife and clubbing, maybe Vegas for you?

additional info: https://plus.google.com/114044324457...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Last edited by Count David; 06-06-2013 at 06:01 AM..

Old 04-30-2016, 11:13 AM

996 posts, read 785,126 times
Green tree! I love that course, its crazy how trashy the houses are alone the course probably the worst in California. I golf at Ashwood a lot which is in AV and the homes there are immaculate and still pretty reasonable.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 485 times
Hi Everyone,

I know these threads are pretty old but I can't find any new ones anywhere. I have been going to apple valley a lot and am considering moving there. I wanted to get opinions of people who live there to see what you think? Are gangs a big problem in apple valley or is that more in the victorville and hesperia area?

Old 05-27-2017, 04:00 PM

6 posts, read 4,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssamarie View Post
Hi Everyone,

I know these threads are pretty old but I can't find any new ones anywhere. I have been going to apple valley a lot and am considering moving there. I wanted to get opinions of people who live there to see what you think? Are gangs a big problem in apple valley or is that more in the victorville and hesperia area?

In the same boat. Wife and I just took a drive up two days ago and used Zillow to check out a few properties and scope out the land.

Everything we looked at was south of the 18.

First one was on Kiowa Rd near Bear Valley Rd

Second, I read Donn2390 12-27-2007 post and checked out Yucca Loma and Apple Valley Rd, this was very nice area.

Third, we saw a few properties Off Sitting Bull rd between Kiowa Rd and Apple Valley rd and a few off Shoshonee rd again between Kiowa rd and Apple Valley rd.

Out of curiosity I did go up to the so called Felony Flats straight up Rancherias rd north of the 18, saw a few nice properties but I did see where there are apartments, there is trouble. I did do spotcrime.com for Felony flats and did see more activity there than the areas we initially saw.

Based on spotcrime.com the areas within with three areas we saw was very low and mainly to the east of Kiowa and north of the 18. More in the main streets like bear valley at the stip malls etc..

I than did a spotcrime in Boyle Heights/East L.A.(where I currently reside) to compare the crime rate and sort of pretty even. Though I did notice more shootings in Apple Valley than Boyle Heights.

Boyle Heights is going through Gentrification and I thought I was going to buy my first home here a few years ago at $300,000 or so are now going to $400 needing work and $500 and up remodeled. For $500,000 I can buy a mansion in Apple Valley, well almost. You get the idea

I did some driving to bear valley, the 18 to see what places to eat or entertainment and can see how boring it can get. I am use to going to L.A. Live, Laker games, Sushi joints all within minutes.

I guess you have to pick your poison and figure out if you want a big home with 2 hour drive to entertainment, or a small home for $200,000 more than in Apple Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties