Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times

Advertisements

On a day to day basis it's fine. Actually, it's ranked 173 safest out of 322...so slightly higher than the national average. There are decent parts of the town. I've driven through some nice areas of Rialto. So it depends on the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 04:07 AM

9 posts, read 58,401 times
Thanks for all the comments, we found a nice home in Las Colinas. What do you think ?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 16,308 times
Thumbs up I used to live in Rialto

I used to live in what I call North Rialto, which is where you are talking about, in fact, my parents still live there. Let me state now that this is the only area of Rialto that I would live...and stay away from the apartment complexes people...that's just begging for something to happen!! Anyways, the most that ever happened was our mail was stolen once, and someone tried to open a card in my fathers name, but they ended up getting caught, and we put a new mailbox with a lock on it. That's all that ever happened to us, but the idiot was caught...I also think it helps having very protective dogs to keep the idiots away (we have a pit bull and a jack russel terrier...the one that will hurt you is the terrier...but the pit scares people even though she is a very lovable dog). When the gas prices got extremely high not to long ago...my parent's neighbors had their gas stolen from their car. I liked living there, it's close to the 210 and 15, and shopping centers (especially all the stuff that is still being developed in that specific area, it's going to make it that much more enjoyable for residents). But the way I see it...no matter where you live, there is always going to be some crime in the neighborhood. Not all people are nice, law-abiding citizens, it's a fact of life.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberManiaK View Post
Planing on buying a home in Rialto, (cedar & foothill) zipcode 92376 behind the home depot, what do you think about that area ? the most important thing is near bus lines, and shopping centers, and as everyone want "low crime".

is there anything we need to be aware of.. ?

Thanks.
YEP , you will need to get a gun ,some pepper spray, and oh yea signing up for some martial art classes MIGHT HELP you to servive! Thats assuming you allready know how powerful prayer is.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
YEP , you will need to get a gun ,some pepper spray, and oh yea signing up for some martial art classes MIGHT HELP you to servive! Thats assuming you allready know how powerful prayer is.
Not near as powerful as hyperbole....

Old 11-21-2008, 11:37 PM

7 posts, read 57,103 times
i would say stick to north Rialto, anything on the other side of 210 is ghetto ... regarding comments in fontana it depends on where you are, north fontana is like rancho cucamonga I been living here for 5 years and its been nice except for the wind. My husband fix-up car for a living and he normally parks his car outside with a 3000 dollar rims, or sometimes customers car and good to know it hasnt been stolen or anything like that even with the neighbors. In LA (walnut area) we park our car 2 straight days outside and the 3rd day its gone.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:11 PM

27 posts, read 130,477 times
One of my employees lives in Rialto and so far, since he moved there, there has been numerous drive by shootings, one murder by way of shooting, and one stabbing. All of this occurred in or just outside his apartment complex! I wouldn't move there if the house was free!

Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 AM

359 posts, read 1,312,515 times
Default That's what I was trying to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterDiva View Post
Rialto is a very bad area. It's next to Fontana, Colton, San Bernardino. All bad. I live in Rancho Cucamonga, and I use to live just barely East of the 15fwy, still in Rancho, but on the border of Fontana. I rented before I saw where it was. Bad move... I had two cars stolen in 6 months. One of them was never found... the other one was found IN RIALTO, stripped to the bone... nothing left. The Officer that took the report for one of my stolen cars, called Fontana and Rialto "Felony Flats" - that's their nickname for that area!!

Rialto is ghetto.
and anyone telling you different is really playing a horrible joke on you. And as for that Home Depot, I have seen people pissing, shi$$ing, drug deals, prostitutes getting their "work" on all behind and around that Home Depot. Rialto is a **** HOLE!

Old 11-27-2008, 12:26 PM

51 posts, read 240,088 times
Do you want my honest opinions of Rialto? Rialto is on the same scale as Victorville or Lancaster. A lot of empty space, followed by a few strip malls, then a isolated housing development followed by more empty space. It's like the Cerritos, or Long Beach of the 1950's before all the new development.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 AM

11 posts, read 102,173 times
Great place to live. My family and I have lived here over 20 years and I wouldn't rather live anywhere else. It's great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties