Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:04 PM

987 posts, read 1,745,308 times

Advertisements

Just an Update, this place (which still exists & has their sign up w/$39.95) was perfect! Went this past few weekends ago & got there a little after 8:30 or 9am, they took us in, called right away & paid the additional $8.25, to get the Certificate, awesome! The guy was really cool too. I called a few places around the area, especially SmogBusters on the Blvd, which he told me starts at $89.00, when the ads the local papers & off the internet stated around $40 to $60, so which is it? Anyhow I would still recommend this place on Calimesa & County Line Rd, their honest, quick & got my tags back (since I was driving around w/the old ones in fear) whew......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
Just an Update, this place (which still exists & has their sign up w/$39.95) was perfect! Went this past few weekends ago & got there a little after 8:30 or 9am, they took us in, called right away & paid the additional $8.25, to get the Certificate, awesome! The guy was really cool too. I called a few places around the area, especially SmogBusters on the Blvd, which he told me starts at $89.00, when the ads the local papers & off the internet stated around $40 to $60, so which is it? Anyhow I would still recommend this place on Calimesa & County Line Rd, their honest, quick & got my tags back (since I was driving around w/the old ones in fear) whew......
Yeah but ... you forgot to tell us the name of the place!

Old 08-24-2011, 06:33 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
Its a test only station called calimesa tires & smog on the corner of calimesa blvd & county line rd in calimesa. I have a smog due this nov (test only) & im going to the same test only station i went to in 2009. Yucaipa smog, 34855 yucaipa blvd (upper yucaipa blvd) in yucaipa. Out the door its $50.00 total & i trust the guy. I wanted to get a used tire i had mounted & balanced on my car & calimesa tires & smog wanted $35.00. I got it done at a tire shop across the street for $15.00. It pays to shop around & i dont mind spending a few xtra bucks to get my car smogged from a guy i know & trust. My tags on my 85 olds increased $13.00 from $67.00 to $80.00. Thats too high for a 26 yr old car but its expected from a corrupt & greedy legislature & govenor.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Thanks Steel, Yea I totally forgot, sorry Twinkle toes, Folks!
Brain farts, Brain farts, silly willy Brain farts, (remember Dr Demento's Fish Egg song?) ok I'm an brain dead old fart too....lol

Steel7, thats good to know about the tires, yea I can't believe they want that much for used tires, I use to get them for bout that price all the time, since moving out here, its sometimes (not always) gets a little difficult finding those prices, but true that it pays to shop around & come on here too & ask you guys as well.....

Last edited by agnt.starling; 08-25-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,601,809 times
Quote:
(remember Dr Demento's Fish Egg song?) .....
Dr Demento (Barret Eugene Hansen) lives 2 miles from me, he is a neighbor of a old high school friend of mine.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,601,809 times
The Dr. only does internet shows weekly now. Dr. Demento music, songs, lyrics and chat..
He is for hire for special events.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Quote:
Thanks Steel, Yea I totally forgot, sorry Twinkle toes, Folks!
Brain farts, Brain farts, silly willy Brain farts, (remember Dr Demento's Fish Egg song?) ok I'm an brain dead old fart too....lol

Steel7, thats good to know about the tires, yea I can't believe they want that much for used tires, I use to get them for bout that price all the time, since moving out here, its sometimes (not always) gets a little difficult finding those prices, but true that it pays to shop around & come on here too & ask you guys as well.....
It's FISH HEADS!!!

Here it is ... for nostalgia's sake -

The Fish Head Song - YouTube

BTW, Dr. D is one of my ALL-TIME favorites!!!! When we were kids, my brothers and I were supposed to be in bed and sleeping by 9pm. BUT ... Dr. D was on from 9 to midnight, so we were each in our respective bedrooms with our radios on, turned low enough so that mom and dad wouldn't know we were still awake. We'd listen to the Top Ten and the Funny Five and all the rest of the silliness, then when we got to school the next morning we'd all be talking about the show with our dorky friends! Ahhh ... the good ol' days!

P.S. - the song is by Barnes & Barnes.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 PM

Told you all I was brain dead...yea I remember Fish Heads....Thnx to both of you for the info!!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:54 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
Quote:
Thats how much they wanted (35.00) just to mount & balance a used tire i had. Used tires (incl dismount, mount & balance) cost a min of $30.00 & the tread is often 3/4 used up. I will have to replace the front right tire on my car cause dinosaur tire shop improperly misaligned my front end. Thats about $100.00 (new tire & computerized alignment) down the drain. DONT ever get your car aligned at dinosaur tire on the corner of calimesa blvd & county line rd in yucaipa (across the street from calimesa tires & smog). Plus the young blonde female who works in the front office is quite rude & not too brite.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Thats how much they wanted (35.00) just to mount & balance a used tire i had. Used tires (incl dismount, mount & balance) cost a min of $30.00 & the tread is often 3/4 used up. I will have to replace the front right tire on my car cause dinosaur tire shop improperly misaligned my front end. Thats about $100.00 (new tire & computerized alignment) down the drain. DONT ever get your car aligned at dinosaur tire on the corner of calimesa blvd & county line rd in yucaipa (across the street from calimesa tires & smog). Plus the young blonde female who works in the front office is quite rude & not too brite.
Good to know, from now on I'll just ask you, seems like you got the good places down & filtered out the crappy ripp off artists, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties