Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2008, 06:10 AM

4 posts, read 6,881 times

Advertisements

I'm not from California at all (originally from Pittsburgh) but moving to southern california to take a job after college. I'm 23, a young professional looking for stuff to do in the area or at least a short drive too, definitely want to be in a decent single scene and all that entails. My question is simple. The job I'm taking is in a Distribution Center in Moreno Valley, How far "away" can I live to facilitate the "young professional scene" but also be able to make a decent commute to work every day? Because I'm going against traffic I think I have a better shot at living further. I've been looking at Yorba Linda and Corona, but can I go further WEST into OC? Anaheim? Anaheim Hills? Others? as long as I stay close to a major highway..?

Please all advice welcome...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
[quote=PurdueGrad1;6417896]I'm not from California at all (originally from Pittsburgh) but moving to southern california to take a job after college. I'm 23, a young professional looking for stuff to do in the area or at least a short drive too, definitely want to be in a decent single scene and all that entails. My question is simple. The job I'm taking is in a Distribution Center in Moreno Valley, How far "away" can I live to facilitate the "young professional scene" but also be able to make a decent commute to work every day? Because I'm going against traffic I think I have a better shot at living further. I've been looking at Yorba Linda and Corona, but can I go further WEST into OC? Anaheim? Anaheim Hills? Others? as long as I stay close to a major highway..?

Please all advice welcome

The 15, 215 comming, up from Rancho are is deadly 2 1/2 hr. drive at times Better to stay in the better sections of Moreno Valley and travel to Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga night life. Easer travel during the off hours.

Old 12-05-2008, 11:04 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
The 15, 215 comming, up from Rancho are is deadly 2 1/2 hr. drive at times Better to stay in the better sections of Moreno Valley and travel to Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga night life. Easer travel during the off hours.
...you mean Temecula, yes? Rancho is northwesterly of Moreno Valley. OP, try Riverside or Redlands as those cities are closer to your future job location. You could live in the OC and take the 91 east to work but I don't know about the eastbound traffic in the mornings (although it can't be that bad compared to westbound traffic...). Others will know.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:59 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
I recently graduated too. 23 Years old in Moreno Valley right now. Trust me, you would have to move pretty far for the young urban professional scene. Redlands is college town, but not too many people stay here after college. The bar scene there is pretty fun. Riverside, though many colleges and a UC...the private colleges are religious based and UCR is not a social school. There are some bars, but Riverside is mostly a suburban city. Moreno Valley=suburb in the truest sense of the word. So in terms of IE locations...Redlands would be the closest and best fit.

You do not want to drive to and from Riverside County to Orange County. It's too far and the traffic sucks. Fullerton would be the closest Y.U.P. zone with CSU Fullerton. Good bars and lots of fun. But, it's a trek. Sometimes it takes 2 hrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties