Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 AM

4 posts, read 28,177 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am an active military soldier and my family and I are coming to Camp Pendleton. We are extremely interested in the Temecula/Murrieta area because the housing prices are within our range. If it is possible, we would like an idea on commute time between Murrieta and Camp Pendleton. Our preference in Murrieta because the ratings are higher for all the important necessities like crime, schools and jobs. Thanks for you help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 02:02 PM

45 posts, read 194,631 times
I have a friend who commutes from Hemet to Pendleton and it takes him about an hour, depending on traffic. Coming from Temec/Murrieta should be a breeze for you as long as you leave early enough.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali-grown View Post
I have a friend who commutes from Hemet to Pendleton and it takes him about an hour, depending on traffic. Coming from Temec/Murrieta should be a breeze for you as long as you leave early enough.
Thanx for the information, that really gives my an idea what to except on commute time.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:49 PM

2 posts, read 16,649 times
Hello I saw your posting and thought I could give you some good feedback. My husband andI currently live in French Valley (a new area) known as Winchester, CA across the street is Murrieta city limits. He is also a Marine stationed at Camp P. The cummute time will vary depending on what area of the base you will be stationed at, the base is pretty large . For my husband he is currently the 1st Sgt over at the Brig, I believe they consider this area Main Side. His cummute with traffic is around 45 mins. But you could be looking at 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the area of the base you will be going to. We have lived here for six years and we now have orders to Fort Lauderdale, Fl we also own our house here in CA, so if your looking at buying or renting I could give you some information on that as well. If you like you could call me and I would be happy to help out anyway I can. I know how stressful it can be with relocating to a new area that you dont know nothing about. My name is Kelly and my cell # is 951-206-0545, please feel free to call me I would be happy to help another Marine Corp family out anyway I can.Best Regards,Kelly

Old 12-16-2008, 08:02 AM

98 posts, read 344,854 times
Hi! My husband and I are active duty Navy returning to Camp Pendleton. When we lived out there previously, we rented in Carlsbad. We're now looking at purchasing a home and can get twice the home at half the cost in Temecula.

Only issue is, I'll be working at Camp Del Mar (Main Gate) instead of on Mainside this time. Can anyone tell me what the commute is like? According to MapQuest, it's shorter to take 79 to 15 to 76 into the Main Gate vice going through the Fallbrook gate like everyone else.

Can anyone give me some insight?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:28 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,581,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobie73 View Post
Hi! My husband and I are active duty Navy returning to Camp Pendleton. When we lived out there previously, we rented in Carlsbad. We're now looking at purchasing a home and can get twice the home at half the cost in Temecula.

Only issue is, I'll be working at Camp Del Mar (Main Gate) instead of on Mainside this time. Can anyone tell me what the commute is like? According to MapQuest, it's shorter to take 79 to 15 to 76 into the Main Gate vice going through the Fallbrook gate like everyone else.

Can anyone give me some insight?
I live in Temecula now but used to live in Fallbrook and work in Oceanside. The 76 from the 15 headed west is a huge pain during rush hour. It's only one lane each way, curvy, and filled with lights. Mission Rd. is not nearly as congested, and I imagine that once you get on base, there is way less traffic than you'll find on the 76. Mapquest might have the lower mileage option, but I'd go with Fallbrook for my commute. Hope this helps!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:54 AM

Thanks! This sounds like it's going to suck. Will there still be traffic if we leave by 0630?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:54 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,581,806 times
I never drove that early, so maybe someone else can answer better...but because Temecula is such a popular place to live but not to work, there are a lot of people who also have to leave really early in order to get wherever they're going (OC, San Diego, etc., etc.)....I don't know. My hubby and his carpool leave Temecula at 6 am to arrive in Poway by 7 am- so that's 1 hr for 45 miles, which I think is pretty good. If they left any later though, they'd never make it.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 PM

Thanks so much for the insight. Gives me some perspective.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM

Thank you for all the information, it's great to have so many people provide vary viable information that will help use in our decision when we arrive to Camp Pendleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties