Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 AM

56 posts, read 277,196 times

Advertisements

Hey there!
I need the download on two parts of Corona: Sierra del Oro and Eastvale.

The prices in Sierra del Oro have dropped soooo much since I last researched the area. We liked the proximity to Orange County, because we both work in Irvine. The homes are older, but still nice and spacious. What is this area like? Schools? Quality of life? Etc...

Also, I have noticed alot of new housing developments going up in North Corona, on the Corona/Chino border. I think this area is called Eastvale. The housing prices are low...and I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this community as well.

My husband and I are young...no kids yet...but are looking for a strong sense of community. We want to live in a neighborhood with active people that have a strong sense of pride in their homes. We have little tolerance for gang/crime/drug activity...

Also, how long would you say the commute would be from Sierra del Oro (92882) from Irvine (jamboree)? How much further is the preserve in chino timewise?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,095,758 times
either would be a brutal commute to irvine, especially from the eastvale area. going home in the evening would be even worse, even if you take the toll road, which would cost you over $20/day if you commute during regular rush hours. i would plan on being in the car atleast 2 hours everyday, probably longer. i'm not sure how close your offices are to the metrolink station in irvine, but if you move to corona i would highly consider it. you could also carpool, which might help the time go by faster, but that is still a lot of wear and tear and you and your car.

as for being around people who have a sense of pride in their homes, i'm not sure that corona is going to have what you are looking for because of all the foreclosures that have it the area.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 AM

619 posts, read 2,159,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine22 View Post
Hey there!
I need the download on two parts of Corona: Sierra del Oro and Eastvale.

The prices in Sierra del Oro have dropped soooo much since I last researched the area. We liked the proximity to Orange County, because we both work in Irvine. The homes are older, but still nice and spacious. What is this area like? Schools? Quality of life? Etc...

Also, I have noticed alot of new housing developments going up in North Corona, on the Corona/Chino border. I think this area is called Eastvale. The housing prices are low...and I am wondering if anyone can shed some light on this community as well.

My husband and I are young...no kids yet...but are looking for a strong sense of community. We want to live in a neighborhood with active people that have a strong sense of pride in their homes. We have little tolerance for gang/crime/drug activity...

Also, how long would you say the commute would be from Sierra del Oro (92882) from Irvine (jamboree)? How much further is the preserve in chino timewise?

Thanks!
I commute from Corona to OC (Westminster ) everyday. I`m at McKinley in Corona which is 7 miles east of Siera del Oro and mornings it takes me 40-45 min to get to work without using toll roads...in the afternoon I use the 91 toll road and it takes me 35-40 min to get home...that is for a 35 mile commute one way...all in all NOT BAD!!
I`m soo happy I made the move to Corona and left OC...Corona has some very nice areas and are new in comparisson to most OC areas....for the money i paid for a gorgeous house in Corona Hills I could have gotten a condo in Garden Grove.
Corona offers great value and homes are at less than half price comparisson with their peak in 2006. OC homes have dropped 25-30% on average in price and are still too expensive for what they offer.
Siera del Oro is about 30% more on average than Corona Hills as an example and you are only 7 miles farther east.
The question you have to ask yourself is that if you want to pay hundreds of thousend dollars more for the same house just to live in OC or move to Corona and deal with a little commute.
I don`t see anyone complain about commuting from Yorba Linda east side(Gypsum Canyon) and that is 2 miles east from Green River (Siera del Oro) which proves that Yorba Linda has a clout just because is in OC
Good Luck!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:10 AM

Default tested the commute

i actually tested the commute, using the toll roads, from irvine to eastvale...and it was about 50 minutes. for the most part it was a super easy commute on the tolls, and the 71...but the 91 was heavily congested (as expected). I figured out the cost of using the toll and it will work out to about $8 per day. If I brown bag my lunches, and dont stop at starbucks in the mornings, the toll road fees wont be such a big deal for my budget. All in all, once I saw the gorgeous homes and new shopping centers, school, parks, etc offered in eastvale...I couldnt rationalize stayin in Orange County and living in a teeny condo that we'd outgrow as soon as the first baby comes along. Eastvale seems like an excellent value for us.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:54 PM

Can you access eastvale via the 71? I thought eastvale was the area north of norco off of the 15. maybe there is a way to cut through chino? I'm curious.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:03 PM

Default 71

Yes...you can cut through chino. Basically, the 71 is the exit right after Green River on the 91. The second exit from the toll road. You'd have to be on the 91e for about 5 miles before getting onto the 71, which is wide open. exit euclid, and head east on pine which i think turns into schleisman. stay on that road for about 5 miles and next thing you know, you are in eastvale. having the 71 as an option makes commuting from OC to Eastvale more of a reasonable possibility.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:20 PM

just wanted to come on here and clear up any misconceptions regarding the commute to orange county from chino/eastvale/corona. its not bad at all. 35 minutes from eastvale to irvine in the morning, using the 71 to the 91 to the tolls. the drive home, from irvine to eastvale, takes 45 minutes to an hour. if you plan to make the move, you must account for the toll road costs in your budget. for me to use the toll road mon-fri, its costing me about $200/month.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,905 times
does anyone know of a particular reason that in sierra del oro there are no starbucks, subway, etc? Seems in any other neighborhood they are on every corner.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfive View Post
does anyone know of a particular reason that in sierra del oro there are no starbucks, subway, etc? Seems in any other neighborhood they are on every corner.
unfortunately, the shopping center down by the freeway was never able to attract and hold businesses, so it's pretty much a waste of space as far as i'm concerned. the other shopping center up the hill has a grocery store and a pizza place. i thought there was a sandwich shop and a coffee shop in there as well, though i could be wrong. if you really need subway and starbucks then you'll have to head over to ontario ave.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,905 times
Ok thanks for the reply. I just moved here recently and I love it. I remember years ago in that shopping center by the freeway there was a movie theatre and other business. Anyway I just found it kind of odd there were none of these so called brand name places here. I didn't know if for some reason they were not allowed to open shop in Sierra del oro or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties