Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:41 PM

56 posts, read 278,737 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Where are the cool places to go in the Chino Valley? Are there any popular bars/local hangouts? What do people do for fun?

My husband and i dont have kids, and we are in our 20s. We want to make sure we arent bored out of our minds.

Fill us in on the cool stuff to do in the area!

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,283,820 times
Wow, I'm answering most of your questions

In the most part, the Chino Valley, IMO, is geared more toward families and reflect typical suburbia values with some urban flare.

There are a tons of things to do for kids/family or outdoorsy type people here and a few things for the 20 somethings. I may be wrong, and others may add to what 20 somethings with no kids are doing.

There are numerous parks, sports activities (golf, baseball, soccer, archery, horseback riding, shooting, paint balling, hiking, etc. etc.), and retail and entertainment centers.

- The Harkins Theater is a really nice new theater located on the North end of Chino Hills
- The new Shops at Chino Hills is a lifestyle mall - like a very small Victoria Gardens/Old Town Pasadena/Downtown Brea.
- Strip mall shopping in the Chino Spectrum, Rancho del Chino, and upcoming Commons at Chino Hills.

I think Chino Hills enforces a curfew after 9/10pm for minors so the malls empty out in the later hours.

I'm not sure about clubs and such... since my wife and I don't do anything like that. But, if Chino Valley is too quiet for you, you can easily hop on the freeway and go a little bit out east toward Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario and there should be a little more night life out there (Ontario's getting a new Arena for hockey/basketball/concerts (Citizen's bank arena - open in the Fall), and Fontana has the California Speedway). Downtown Claremont is very cute and quaint.

If you haven't heard, there's a good chance a NFL football/entertainment complex (like a mini studio city walk) is going to be built in the City of Industry... about 15-20 mins North/West from Chino/Chino Hills. This will greatly improve the entertainment facilities and night life in the area.

In the most part, the Chino Valley is a perfect place to accommodate all those people in LA/OC who complain that LA/OC are horrible places to raise a family.

and... if you really want fun... Vegas is about 3 and a half hours away vs. probably fives hours away from where you are? Or, you can easily hop on a plane from Ontario International and get to anywhere in the country.

-chuck22b

Last edited by chuck22b; 09-11-2008 at 05:17 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 06:57 PM

27 posts, read 130,477 times
They are building a BJ's, a Lucille's, and a Pei Wei at "The Commons" in Chino Hills. They look like they will be finished in the next few months. BJ's is definitely a good place to get some damn fine beer!

There's a place at the Eastvale Shopping Center off of Limonite and the 15 called "Buffalo Wild Wings Bar & Grill." I haven't gone there yet, but everytime I drive by it looks busy!

I don't know about clubs, I've never been into that. I know there's one called Twins in Rancho Cucamonga, and that's not too far away.

I'm still new to the area, and I'm still discovering stuff there. I'm 30 and enjoy going out for a drink and having a good time, so if you find some place good, let me know.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:42 PM

315 posts, read 349,697 times
Ahhh are you referring to night life? Not much out here!
There is a Yard House in Chino hills and one in Rancho Cucamonga. Looks like a good hangout for the 20s corwd from what I have experienced. Other than that, its the places these 2 gentleman mentioned above. Good place for families. So get to work.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 AM

1 posts, read 7,225 times
there a pub on chino hills parkway where the lot is waaay full on certain late nights.

shamrocks.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:38 PM

27 posts, read 130,477 times
Anyone know of anything going on this Saturday in the IE? Preferably near the Chino area, but am willing to go as far as Temecula if it's for a good time.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltnHopsrGood View Post
Anyone know of anything going on this Saturday in the IE? Preferably near the Chino area, but am willing to go as far as Temecula if it's for a good time.
The annual Route 66 carshow in San Bernardino!!! I go every year. It is really cool to see so many classic muscle cars. Not far from you at all.

19th Annual Stater Bros. Route 66 Rendezvous

Old 09-20-2008, 04:21 PM

43 posts, read 243,679 times
Are there any fine restaurants in Chino Valley (like non-chain French, Italian, etc.)? Seems like there are a lot of people with money, but most have families, and everything is a chain.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:11 PM

A lot of people with money? hardly the case, mostly middle or upper middle class working poor. There are some that might have confused their ability to purchase a new home on borrowed money and then having able to take money out of the house to purchase luxury cars, vacations and other status symbols 'wealth' but far from it. If anyone had any wealth we would be living in Newport Beach.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:12 PM

Oh as to your question, no real 'fine' dining out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties