Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM

3 posts, read 41,378 times

Advertisements

I am a in the process of going to Grad school and just awaiting answers from several schools, many of them in California. I have just found out that I have a full ride waiting at UC Riverside if I want to accept it, but there does not seem to be too much positive feedback about Riverside neighborhoods out there. I don't mind small or old housing, I just want to stay away from the crime, and live somewhere where people seem pretty chill and nice in general.

Can anyone give me some feed back on any good neighborhoods to live in any where near the campus? What are some other areas/towns with in an hours commute south or west that are good, without too outrageous pricing? I may be willing to deal with the drive since the offer is pretty good from the school. Also how is the drive to the nearest Ski areas and beach areas from Riverside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 AM

1 posts, read 13,790 times
I live in the Canyon Crest area which is about 5 minutes from campus and is pretty nice. Most of the crime is probably in the neighborhoods down the hill and on the other side of campus.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Box Springs and Canyon Crest are good areas close to UCR.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,328 times
Anywhere within a half mile radius of any part of the campus' border is very safe. Linden street is where a lot of students live, tons of apartments. Also around Blaine street. You should check out the neighborhood behind the campus that is between the campus and the mountains. That are is nice as well. Also the above suggestions are great.

I think I would only be weary of going west of (towards downtown on University Ave) the Rite-Aide on University Ave. Everything else is fine in all other directions.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:43 AM

Hey guys, thanks alot for all of your reply's. I will definitely check out those neighborhoods when I am in town.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
I can't help you with where to live, but I drive into Riverside almost every day for dance and I've been noticing something lately. I exit the 60 West at Central/Watkins and drive past a part of UCR to get to the dance studio. I've noticed for the past 3-4 weeks that there has been some vandalism of vehicles going on. There are a long line of cars parked on Central in front of the college and it seems that every week for a few weeks now there is a car that has all the windows smashed and glass all over the ground around it, or a car that somebody obviously hit and fled the scene or a car with all 4 tires missing. This morning there was another car with all the windows smashed out. There's a stop sign nearby and there was a cop sitting there, I guess making sure people don't run the stop sign. I am wondering why he's not seeing this vandalism.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I can't help you with where to live, but I drive into Riverside almost every day for dance and I've been noticing something lately. I exit the 60 West at Central/Watkins and drive past a part of UCR to get to the dance studio. I've noticed for the past 3-4 weeks that there has been some vandalism of vehicles going on. There are a long line of cars parked on Central in front of the college and it seems that every week for a few weeks now there is a car that has all the windows smashed and glass all over the ground around it, or a car that somebody obviously hit and fled the scene or a car with all 4 tires missing. This morning there was another car with all the windows smashed out. There's a stop sign nearby and there was a cop sitting there, I guess making sure people don't run the stop sign. I am wondering why he's not seeing this vandalism.
I was wrong. The vandalism I'm seeing is on Watkins. I actually looked at the street sign at the 4 way stop. Didn't see any vandalized vehicles today though.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:26 AM

Thanks for the feedback
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties