Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 AM

2 posts, read 6,631 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

Can anyone tell me what it is actually like to live and work in Big Bear?

We are considering it for our relocation as it seems to offer all we are looking for and we just love California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 09:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,304,113 times
I was born and raised in Big Bear. I no longer live there but my sister does. It is a wonderful place to live. I miss it terribly. Jobs are not easy to come by...not much in the way of industry. If you're self-employed, retired or work for the state you'd be fine. Of course there are other jobs but not many. And many people commute down the hill for work which takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour (unless you own an airplane, some do). The people are friendly as a rule and the area is beautiful. There has been to much growth as in many places but there is still charm. It truely is God's country!! You get a fair amount of snow and colder days but not to much. The summers are perfect temp. with off and on thunder storms. There are 4 seasons each of which are just the right amount. And within a short dirve you can get to the beach or to the city, whichever you may desire. It's about as good as it gets in CA.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,631 times
Talking Thanks!

Thanks for that, just what we thought it would be like. My partner is self-employed and I am a nurse so should be able to find something to do, we checked out the Community Hospital while we were there! At the moment I am working in Accident and Emergency which may come in handy for all the ski accidents!!
At least in the USA you get seasons,we just have rain and more rain!!

Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,304,113 times
There is often times need for a good ER nurse. The hospital is very small but both of my sisters have worked there. And yes, the seasons are perfect up in Big Bear. Your partner is self employed so you shouldn't have a hard time making it up there. The prices of homes are still pretty reasonable for CA standards. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties