Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 11,466 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to IE (Riverside /Corona) or OC. I do concrete work, both of these counties have unions(which I will be in). Price of living, quality of living, entertaiment and activities and of course work avail and commuting. Please give me your opionions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 12:17 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
They are great places for different reasons. What are your interests? What is your price range? Do you have a family? Tell us more about yourself.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:00 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,534 times
See same forum in the OC area.....

Old 02-02-2009, 01:13 PM

127 posts, read 500,146 times
If I had a choice I would choose the OC. You're closer to the beaches and other cultural attractions. There are only a few good pockets out here in the I.E. It mostly smells like cow manure and is very dusty.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransomed View Post
If I had a choice I would choose the OC. You're closer to the beaches and other cultural attractions. There are only a few good pockets out here in the I.E. It mostly smells like cow manure and is very dusty.
It costs ridiculous amounts of money, not everywhere in the OC is the same. If it was not for my brother's job, they would have much rather lived in the IE. Currently live in Yorba Linda/ Anaheim Hills. Simple tract home near the hills. It's pretty far from the beach where they live (they live 10-15 miles from Corona). What is this cow manure smell everyone is fascinated on? Am I the only one who doesn't smell it? I lived in Santa Barbara now in YL/AH and still don't smell cows when I go to my parent's house.

Again, it all really depends on what you want. If you like the beach, OC is a better fit (if you can afford it). Do you want a house with a big yard and not pay too much ? Then the IE is a good fit. Are you more into the city and being closer to LA? OC is good. If you like the mountians and deserts, then the IE is good. So it really depends on a lot of factors, but the most important is income. Good luck trying to find a house under 400k in OC. You can easily find one under 200k in the IE.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:59 PM

127 posts, read 500,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It costs ridiculous amounts of money, not everywhere in the OC is the same. If it was not for my brother's job, they would have much rather lived in the IE. Currently live in Yorba Linda/ Anaheim Hills. Simple tract home near the hills. It's pretty far from the beach where they live (they live 10-15 miles from Corona). What is this cow manure smell everyone is fascinated on? Am I the only one who doesn't smell it? I lived in Santa Barbara now in YL/AH and still don't smell cows when I go to my parent's house.

Again, it all really depends on what you want. If you like the beach, OC is a better fit (if you can afford it). Do you want a house with a big yard and not pay too much ? Then the IE is a good fit. Are you more into the city and being closer to LA? OC is good. If you like the mountians and deserts, then the IE is good. So it really depends on a lot of factors, but the most important is income. Good luck trying to find a house under 400k in OC. You can easily find one under 200k in the IE.
There are days my nose literally burns. There are a ton of dairy farms out here and they stink. Not that they can help it but it's gross. If the wind is right (or wrong) you will suffer with a horrible smell all day. Hang it up if it rains and the winds start up. The stink actually follows you around out here.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 5,084 times
Default Corona vs. OC

Some Riverside County listing have had price improvements in the past 3-weeks. You get more bang from your buck if you buy in Corona, compared to OC. Corona has some awesome houses for around $440,000.
You won't notice the morning breeze (manure smell) after a while, actually it reminds me of Ohio.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransomed View Post
There are days my nose literally burns. There are a ton of dairy farms out here and they stink. Not that they can help it but it's gross. If the wind is right (or wrong) you will suffer with a horrible smell all day. Hang it up if it rains and the winds start up. The stink actually follows you around out here.
Again, a little exaggerated. I worked in Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga, there is no cow smell. I mean if you literally live across the street from a farm, then I can see how that is a problem, but given that dairies have significantly decreased in the region to such a miniscule number, you don't have entire towns of 70-200k smelling like manure. There are 2 million people living in Western Riverside and Western San Bernardino counties, it's impossible for it all to smell like manure.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 AM

56 posts, read 278,654 times
I agree. The manure smell is only strong when you drive by a dairy. maybe you get a faint whiff of it when the air blows...but its faint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties