Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:24 PM

10 posts, read 98,409 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me what are the bad areas in Rancho Cucamonga? Do you Know the Zip code?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 AM

127 posts, read 498,368 times
I don't know of any bad areas in R.C. I think there might be some issues around the R.C./ Foothill Blvd area but I haven't really heard of anything. I'm just basing it on what I see which are mobile homes mixed with condos etc. They still appear neat and clean though so I don't know.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 PM

10 posts, read 98,409 times
Thanks Ransomed. I've heard that areas in Alta Loma and Etiwanda are preferable to Rancho, is that right?

Old 02-27-2009, 01:20 AM

20 posts, read 122,709 times
...I don't think that Rancho Cucamonga has any bad neighborhoods.
My mom's side of the family lives there (sort of near the mountains) and it is a pretty "square" neighborhood. Even the neighborhoods 25-30 minuets away from the mountains were fine.

And like "Ransomed" said, it appears neat and clean.

I was there recently (I use to live in CA but I moved out of state), and they have built more resturaunts, stores, etc since the last time I was there.

Which is very good, there will be more job opportunties for people and more stuff for people to do on the weekends.

The locals there seem to be always out day and night. I think that it's a very hip place to be and to hang out at.

I always feel safe when I am in Rancho Cucamonga.
...you really shouldn't have any major problems there.
I guess just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 AM

127 posts, read 498,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsoul2008 View Post
Thanks Ransomed. I've heard that areas in Alta Loma and Etiwanda are preferable to Rancho, is that right?
Alta Loma is this little enclave within Rancho Cucamonga. I don't really view them as separate but I guess they are. For example, my friend lived in Alta Loma but two blocks away was a R.C. address???

I don't know much about Etiwanda except that some folks say all of the bad kids from LA moved out to Etiwanda. Whether or not that is true I don't know. My son attends school in Rancho Cucamonga and occassionally has an Etiwanda High story but kids like to speak bad about their rivals so it could just be that. The schools are excellent overall so that in itself would make it worth it.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 29,044 times
Actually, Alta Loma and Etiwanda (along with Cucamonga) were all incorporated as one city into Rancho Cucamonga by vote in 1978, but the names of the former independent communities have continued to be used.

As far as safe areas, it used to be generally true to say that the farther north one was from Foothill, the better; but I think the areas that surround any shopping center are going to have some problems. In my time living in Rancho, I'd say that the intersection at Archibald and Baseline have become problematic, as well as Haven and Lemon. Also, the presence of apartment buildings does, unfortunately, seem to have some bearing on the amount of crime.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 25,123 times
Default I have lived in Rancho Cucamonga for 30 years,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsoul2008 View Post
Can someone tell me what are the bad areas in Rancho Cucamonga? Do you Know the Zip code?
The zip code for most of Rancho is 91730. Im laughing, because Rancho Cucamonga has many bad areas. I have lived here for many years. The areas to watch out for are Lemon and Haven, Hermosa and Arrow and that surrounding area. Archibald and Monte Vista is a known drug area. Vineyard and 6 th St and that surrounding area. Arichibald and 8th St. Between Archibald & Haven and Arrow and 4th St can be dangerous after dark. If anyone tells you that Rancho Cucamonga is a safe place to live, they are crazy. They Sheriffs are a complete joke as well. The town has a major meth problem. Being next to Fontana doesnt help either.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:09 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnheikes View Post
The town has a major meth problem. Being next to Fontana doesnt help either.
Hey!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 42,725 times
um.. i totally take offense to the "fontana" reference. I've lived in Fontana for many years as well as Rancho. We MOVED from Rancho to live in Fontana - both cities have their pros and cons. School district is GREAT - Etiwanda Schools. Rancho is a very diverse area, south of Foothill is not as great as living in N. Rancho - above Baseline. Same with Fontana - if you're south of Foothill it's crap - but north is pretty decent. Both cities have grown by leaps and bounds the last few years and are both good places to live. Ontario area, around Ontario Mills is horrible - and thats adjacent to Rancho. Ontario is known for it's drugs and gangs in that area - mostly gangs. All in all, Rancho is a middle to upper class community, live north if you want to be near the college and have less crime than the south side. Good Luck to you!!

Old 04-11-2009, 03:47 AM

12,629 posts, read 14,757,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnheikes View Post
The zip code for most of Rancho is 91730. Im laughing, because Rancho Cucamonga has many bad areas. I have lived here for many years. The areas to watch out for are Lemon and Haven, Hermosa and Arrow and that surrounding area. Archibald and Monte Vista is a known drug area. Vineyard and 6 th St and that surrounding area. Arichibald and 8th St. Between Archibald & Haven and Arrow and 4th St can be dangerous after dark. If anyone tells you that Rancho Cucamonga is a safe place to live, they are crazy. They Sheriffs are a complete joke as well. The town has a major meth problem. Being next to Fontana doesnt help either.
I hope this isn't a joke. I know no place is perfect, but I've lived in RC for 20 yrs & have never heard or personally encountered anything bad at any of these intersections/areas. I'm very, very curious to know what's bad about all these areas? Is it petty theft, home burglaries, car jackings, drugs, thugs hanging around the streets, or what exactly?

I'd understand the area of Ontario bordering RC is probably not good around the streets of Holt, Mission, Sultana, Grove, Francis, Bon View, etc. I have to drive in these areas 3x/week for work. Fortunately, I'm out of that area way before it gets dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties