Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 12:42 PM

9 posts, read 30,195 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I've made an offer for a house in Corona close to downtown. I work in Los Alamitos and was wondering if I buy a hybrid car with HOV stickers, and use the car pool lanes to work, if it would be crowded too or not. Can anyone tell me if they've used it too? I'm looking to start driving at 6am and 4pm coming back.

I also know that there are Toll Express lanes I can use. So using that as well as the car pool lanes, would that lessen my commute time?

Thanks for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 06:06 PM

39 posts, read 214,804 times
If you have 3+ in your car and a special transponder you can travel west bound for free and east bound for half off during 4 to 6 and free all the rest of the time. What part of Corona is your new house in? We are thinking about moving there and my hours are similar - I am a teacher in Buena Park.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:12 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,451,929 times
Boy I hope those seats are comfortable. Los Alamitos to Corona at 4pm is probably 1.5-2hrs.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:29 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
the carpool lanes on the 91 are not commuter friendly during rushhour in my experience. too much traffic

instead of buying a hybrid you may want to consider buying a beater car and parking it at the norwalk or buena park metrolink station. the metrolink 91 line has 2 stops in corona. looking at hte times, seems to be an hour to an hour and 20 each way including the transfer at orange station. a friend of mine does the same thing. lives in san diego, drives to the station and parks his car, takes the train up, hops into his beater car and drives to work when he gets to his destination and does the reverse on the way home. i bet the cost of the ticket is only slightly more than the toll, and what you save in gas and frustration will make up the difference

Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM

Default Thanks for your replies

I've been looking at the metrolink's website too. Yes, my other option would be the metrolink. I was just wondering if the car pool lanes were any better than the regular lanes.

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCteach View Post
If you have 3+ in your car and a special transponder you can travel west bound for free and east bound for half off during 4 to 6 and free all the rest of the time. What part of Corona is your new house in? We are thinking about moving there and my hours are similar - I am a teacher in Buena Park.

The house that I've made an offer on is close to downtown. I think that the exit would be Main st. off of the 91. What are your hours? Maybe we can think about carpooling if the house goes through.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:46 PM

39 posts, read 214,804 times
I would be leaving at 6 but could probably leave by 3 or 3.:30. But maybe we could work something out. My friends that live in corona tell me that the morning commute is not as bad as the afternoon. He lives at the 91 and main and it takes him about 45 minutes to get to Buena Park. I think your commute will be about an hour in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties