Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:10 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times

Advertisements

Salton Sea is just gone..let it go..and it STINKS...I have not been there in a long time, and it stunk then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,423 times
Salton Sea... Some people can put up with the smell to own property wome where, LA is a few hundred miles away, but Indio and La quinta are closer. There are some rivers there that have run off that carries fertilizers etc. and the State if it gets out of debpt may fix the Lake. There are some experimental algae projects there and Tilapia farms. Perhpas the Tilapia in the lake came from these projects or from farm use as misquito fish. There are brand new homes near the lake no money down.
It is not only smelly it may be very toxic to your health, I would find a way to sell the fish before they rot to help the economy there and invest in some sort of Elecrtrostatic Air Cleaner/Scruber for your home as if it were on the moon, or death will come prematurly. I was determeined to get to the shore of the lake once and I nearly barfed several times before getting there while laghing, but my girl friend had burning in her throught and her brochials seixed up so we had to turn the car around. I got with in a few hundred yards and it was sort of like the smell of an well used out house in summer time only as if you climbed into the inside of the out house a few inches from the awful but may be the lake was more intense than that.
There is a town of Thermal nearby that is delapidated and the smell is more disapated. I thought of going to Salton Sea myself but I do not have the money to develope an earth enviornment encapsulation.
I am still interested in the Salton Sea lake as it is a symbol of the future of our planet and if it can be fixed it would be a modle to teraform the earth in the future when it goes bad or worse. I believe money could be made and the lake cleaned at the smae time. There are folks that make money over seeing the lake but nothing is getting done. The money goes to office oficiators maybe a few hundred grand I am guessing. There are many legal battles over the water in the area and the Salton sea requires run off to stay the leathal salt concentrations.
Frank [email]vertualfrank@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 06-06-2010, 11:54 AM

38 posts, read 80,072 times
Actually i visited Salton Sea around 1 month ago. I was on the east side of it,
Nothern Shore and Bombay beach and was sursprised how nice it was!
the marina yacht club house in Northern shore has been refurbished and it looks just great..
I also spoked with one of the supervisors there i was told that they have installed a new pump system so it will be easier to keep the same water level on the lake..
actually the area in north shore reminds me much of the mediterrean "lived in Italy for 10 years"
same salty sea smell in the air and lots of beatyfull birds..!
OK Bombay beach isnt that nice but the is a potential there..
if the county could take away the walls that was made against the flooding "since there is a new pump system its no need of it.."
then you could have a nice view again of the sea and the price will gain..
im actually looking to buy a cheap property in North shore or Bombay beach, so if someone knows of some house for sale drop me an email...

Old 06-06-2010, 11:32 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Go for it, dude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties