Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 PM

6 posts, read 29,097 times

Advertisements

I moved to Tuscany Hills east side of the i-15 off Railroad Canyon Dr. By far, if you are going to move to Lake Elsinore, this is the only area I deem superior. You don't have any gangs, no crime to speak of, peaceful and quiet all the time, homes are well maintained except for the foreclosures and its more upscale than any area close by. Canyon Lake itself would be my only other suggestion but since you can see Canyon Lake for just about everywhere in Tuscany Hills, I'd snap up a bargain there. They are plentiful and the houses are gorgeous. I bought a foreclosure in Tuscany Hills and I love my home, the area and it was cheap. 7 years old now and you can find a home here in the low$200's. I commute every day to Newport Beach, that's 140 miles round trip but so what, I love where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 10:56 AM

56 posts, read 272,667 times
My experience is that it's hot, and somehow it seems hotter in Lake Elsinore. If you enjoy hot weather Lake Elsinore will burn you out, and like my family you will be wishing it was cold..... I don't know much about the schools, only that kids are getting scholarships (I think it's because they recently moved here and got a good education elsewhere), taxes are high - just wait until you get your tax bill.

Personally, I would stay put in Corona.......You have Dos Lagos which is a nice place to play and dine, in Lake Elsinore we don't have anything much. Oh yeah, the lake, no one swims in it, it is as bad as they say it is, have you read about all the fish dying in the Lake??????

Old 10-26-2009, 01:24 PM

23 posts, read 83,001 times
It is hotter in Elsinore than Corona or Temecula, the mountain range blocks the breeze so it does get hot-especailly in Tuscany hills (depending on what side of the hill you are on-we were on the east side-beautiful view of Canyon Lake, but no airflow at all)

The commute will drive you mad (one more time) thats why I left-it averaged 2 hours to get home from Santa Ana-I did it for years, and that is what made me move......

Old 10-29-2009, 07:36 PM

56 posts, read 272,667 times
This is to anyone who is considering moving to Lake Elsinore, DON'T, if you do it will be the greatest mistake of your life........... If you move to Temecula be sure Liberty Quarry isn't approve, it will soon be a big mistake as a place to live Like Lake Elsinore's Alberhill Ranch (quarry) Homes. We can say they are quarry homes, because the builder Castle & Cooke are the same Alberhill Ranch and Pacific Aggregrate and Pacific Clay. To live with all the dust flying, they call it fugutive dust, and what do you think when you think of fuigitives - go the other way. What you get if you live in Alberhill Ranch is a promise of a school site which is questional, go to alberhill School Site and read the information. Monthly HOA dues 179.00 per and since the builders rule the board they can go up at anytime, one swimming pool (no spa) for 1500 houses (to be built in total), these are all my experiences and others, which are true and I believe, you also get special tax which is double the county tax, last year my total county tax was $3049.00 and the special Alberhill Ranch Tax is $5,000.00, be sure to include monthly security money, just to be safe and your property....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties