Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 PM

139 posts, read 501,188 times

Advertisements

How do these cities compare, obviously I don't mean stricly Los Angeles as it's a lot bigger than Riverside. But is Riverside pretty much a suburb of LA? Or does it have its own feel?

How do the cities compare in:

Jobs
Weather
Expenses
People

etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 10:48 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,594 times
Jobs: Less job prospects...more of a commuter town
Weather: Hotter in the summer, colder in the winter (snows at Box Springs near UCR about once every 2 years or so. Lately once a year).
People: More middle class in character. With that said, I mean the income band is more narrow. The poor in Riverside are less poor and the rich are less rich. More blue collar. More family oriented.Typical suburbia is most of the city. Most adults have some college education (meaning at least a semester of college). Less people have a 4 year degree.

I hope this helped.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,189,154 times
although it is pretty far from LA, i would still consider it a suburb of LA. i would agree that everything that1guy said and add that there is definitely more of a midwestern influence out in riverside and san bernardino. nascar and country music are pretty popular in the IE, much moreso than in LA or OC anyways. there are also larger plots of land and more farming/livestock in riverside and san bernardino counties.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
although it is pretty far from LA, i would still consider it a suburb of LA. i would agree that everything that1guy said and add that there is definitely more of a midwestern influence out in riverside and san bernardino. nascar and country music are pretty popular in the IE, much moreso than in LA or OC anyways. there are also larger plots of land and more farming/livestock in riverside and san bernardino counties.
Nascar and country music? You're kidding, right? So, are you saying people in the IE are a bunch of beer swillin' rednecks? People in the IE are just like people in the OC and LA - most of the people came from OC and LA!

Old 01-31-2009, 12:32 PM

43 posts, read 243,599 times
Riverside is more a suburb of OC. It is one of the most polluted places in the United States.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:28 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
People in the IE are just like people in the OC and LA - most of the people came from OC and LA!
Guilty.... and I despise Nascar.

Old 01-31-2009, 08:40 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,189,154 times
i grew up in in OC, went to high school in IE, and have lived in LA for the past 4 years. The popularity of Nascar and country music in the IE far exceeds that of of OC or LA. There is definitely more of a 'country' vibe in IE because that is where its roots are based and many areas up until the recent housing boom were still pretty country (atleast in terms of farming, open space, and livestock). another thing you'll notice in IE that is not nearly as common as LA are the lifted full size pickup trucks. i am not trying to judge or say one place is better than another, just sharing my anecdotal experiences.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:37 AM

10 posts, read 23,079 times
Is Riverside county experiencing Brown on Black crime thats happening in LA ?

Last edited by tc_408; 02-03-2009 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: FONT

Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM

214 posts, read 1,083,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
i grew up in in OC, went to high school in IE, and have lived in LA for the past 4 years. The popularity of Nascar and country music in the IE far exceeds that of of OC or LA. There is definitely more of a 'country' vibe in IE because that is where its roots are based and many areas up until the recent housing boom were still pretty country (atleast in terms of farming, open space, and livestock). another thing you'll notice in IE that is not nearly as common as LA are the lifted full size pickup trucks. i am not trying to judge or say one place is better than another, just sharing my anecdotal experiences.
When I moved out here 10 years ago, I was scared because the Temecula McDonalds had a tractor run flyer. I was like "what have I gotten into?". There *was* definitely a middle-america, Nascar, country music vibe out here in SW County, but that was before the last bubble. The last bubble pushed a lot more folks from SD and OC out here and the culture and vibe of the area has changed a bit. I can't speak much for Riverside itself, but in south Riverside county the Nascar/country music/tractor run demographic seems to be shrinking. (Although most of my friends love country music and I can sit down and watch Nascar and enjoy it!)

Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 AM

214 posts, read 1,083,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc_408 View Post
Is Riverside county experiencing Brown on Black crime thats happening in LA ?
Yes. To a smaller extent - but it is a problem in most cities with a shrinking black population and growing latino population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties