Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 24,536 times

Advertisements

Moreno Valley is closer to the city but i hear there is a lot of gang related activity bad schools and ghetto

Spring Valley Lake in Victorville upper middle class people good schools but is in the desert so im confused

If you know this two areas tell me the pros and cons of each one, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 04:12 PM

503 posts, read 1,454,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONEWO View Post
Moreno Valley is closer to the city but i hear there is a lot of gang related activity bad schools and ghetto

Spring Valley Lake in Victorville upper middle class people good schools but is in the desert so im confused

I have lived in the desert for 8 years. I was all set to move to Phelan to get away from all the problems of Victorville. I searched and searched but only found 1 house I liked and 1 property.

Anyways. Then I discovered Spring Valley lake. I had been there twice in 8 years(before househunting). I thought one of those main streets went thr but it just keeps going and going.

Basically there are 2 main streets to get in. 1 leads to a few houses off ridgecrest and eventually to Mojave narrows. The other only leads to spring valley lake. It is an exclusive community so unless you are visiting and have a guest pass you can't stay.

It really cuts down on the riff raff, no people coming in and out unnecessarily. Well they can come, but they can't stop unless they are visiting somebody.
A person can join the country club without living there. But they can't go anywhere else.

Very, very, very nice area. I love it. We made an offer on a short sale up here and are hoping we get it.

You don't feel like you are in the desert, or even in Victorville! A few miles east is Apple valley. They have a bunch of brand new business' and restaurants there. Very nice area.

I can't wait to move there.

Spring Valley Lake

They have an hoa so people have to keep up on their lawns. Come on up and check it out!

What city do you work in? Moreno Valley and SVL are very far apart from each other.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,906,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONEWO View Post

The city of Moreno Valley actually has higher median income than Victorville and relatively the same amount of crime. 92555 and 92557 are the best two area codes in the city. 92555 has two golf clubs and 92557 has a community with a private lake. There are a good amount of upper middle class areas in the city of Moreno Valley.

A big question is, where do you work?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 10,087 times
Default Svl ??

I lived in SVL for 15 years. The last couple of years there have been drive-by shootings on Driftwood and Santa Anna. Gangs got into a fight by the basketball court by the beach.A lot of the people I knew in SVL have moved or are wiating for the market to go back up so they can move. Bought my house for $145,000 sold it for $375,000 now I see it is for sale again $155,000. Whew got out at a good time.

We thought how nice SVL was....over the years it changed and was time to move. Wait until Halloween...yikes! The lake use to be alive, you could see how clear it was and great to fish. But look at the lake now you can see 4 inches down. They stated the manager of the lake put to much copper sulfate in many years ago.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:33 AM

43 posts, read 196,595 times
I grew up in VV and Spring Valley Lake is the nicest area up there, but still has problems and crime just like anywhere else. I have been there several times to visit friends and family and have never had to have a guest pass to park on the streets. Forclosures have hit that area too, so some houses do have dead lawns and less than perfect sceneries.
Good Luck though if you are commuting out of the area. Without traffic, I was able to get on the freeway about 10 minutes, that was 10 years ago. With traffic, it can take you a half an hour just to get on the freeway. Bear Valley Road is terrible and pretty much the only way to get to the FWY.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:59 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Personally I'd rather live in Moreno Valley. The problems you listed there also plague most if not all of "Victimville" and MV isn't isolated out in the middle of nowhere. No brainer for me.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:28 AM

2 posts, read 11,224 times
Default springs valley lake or moreno valley?

Hands down, I would choose Spring Valley Lake. Moreno Valley is bad and a scary place. A lot of gang activity.

Victorville is a nice high desert, not so rural anymore, lots of shopping and stuff and much safer. Spring Valley Lake is like an oasis in the desert. It's very nice.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:28 AM

200 posts, read 165,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidity.moon View Post
Hands down, I would choose Spring Valley Lake. Moreno Valley is bad and a scary place. A lot of gang activity.

Victorville is a nice high desert, not so rural anymore, lots of shopping and stuff and much safer. Spring Valley Lake is like an oasis in the desert. It's very nice.
It sounds kind of childish the way you characterized Moreno Valley.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:14 AM

469 posts, read 913,382 times
Spring Valley Lake hands down. Victorville is a disaster in so many ways. Do a search on this forum, its a city in decline.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:25 PM

335 posts, read 517,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave82 View Post
Spring Valley Lake hands down. Victorville is a disaster in so many ways. Do a search on this forum, its a city in decline.
In decline?

I dunno, but it appears that plenty of businesses are doing fine, not to mention the Macy's under construction, the bullet train about to begin construction et al.

It also appears that law enforcement is getting a grip on gangbangers and other assorted "losers", in fact juvenile crime has been on a steady decrease since 2005:

Juvenile arrests decline | arrests, bernardino, county - Victorville Daily Press

And while local politics are a mess, at least in Victorville (which has some nice neighborhoods, and some not) you don't have to deal with a HOA and pay fees, even after the future annexation into Apple Valley and its politics.

No thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties