Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 PM

3 posts, read 37,580 times

Advertisements

I am thinking to buy a house in Victorville, I have been there one day and driving around to look at those open house. The house are new, big and not too expensive. But I am a bit concern about the neighborhood. I am wondering if anyone can give me some advise, which area are the best and safe to live. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:20 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
Victorville....well lets see. Stay away from Hwy 395 hoods, the behind the mall hoods, down off Hwy 18 by Target and the court houses and even downtown D street hoods, even off the Mojave Rd. hoods.....Stay completely away from anything remotely close to Bear Valley Rd. Anything around Greentree is gone down in the dumps to. Pretty much narrows it down to no really good places.

Hesperia is not getting any better. My advise buy in Hesperia close to the freeway and Main St or Oak Hills. Also be awear that most house that are bank owner have Mello Roos. Good luck to you!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:15 PM

503 posts, read 1,454,103 times
I agree with most of what PRO said. And I was sitting here chuckling too. I do take 1 exception to one spot in Victorville though, Spring Valley Lake! That is where we are buying. It is off Bear Valley Road, cross streets are spring valley pkway and ridgecrest. Be careful though, anything to the left of ridgecrest is NOT SVL, you need to look to the right.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:32 PM

Spring Valley Lake is mostly the nices place in Victorville. No meanesss towards anyone but some of the SLV peeps think they live in Beverly Hills. SVL has their own zip code, that's how special they think they are. Desertrose I am sure your are not one of those.

So I will agree on that. And yes it is off Bear Valley road but further down. Good luck to you Desertrose and mymel.
I lived in the HD for over 15 years. I moved in 2005. Miss the area, but glad I moved. I came back to my roots in Texas.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Spring Valley Lake is mostly the nices place in Victorville. No meanesss towards anyone but some of the SLV peeps think they live in Beverly Hills. SVL has their own zip code, that's how special they think they are. Desertrose I am sure your are not one of those.

So I will agree on that. And yes it is off Bear Valley road but further down. Good luck to you Desertrose and mymel.
I lived in the HD for over 15 years. I moved in 2005. Miss the area, but glad I moved. I came back to my roots in Texas.
LOL I understand exactly what you mean. We are coming from Adelanto so no snobby behaviour here! I remember when I first pulled up to a house a few months ago. I was so overwhelmed by how nice the area is I was nervous to just get out of the car! haha

At first I thought, we don't belong here. But then I realized, if we can afford a house there, we would belong just as much as anybody else.

I seen alot of super expensive homes, and alot of really inexpensive homes. I am hoping we can find some nice families out there cause we are very friendly and very family oriented.

I hope our short sale goes thru! The guy next door owns a hummer!! I am sure he hates the people we will be buying from. You should see how tall the grass is now!!

The reason I was interested in SVL in the first place was for safety reasons. Every other area up here has gotten pretty bad.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
SVL has their own zip code, that's how special they think they are.
There are 2 zip codes I have seen so far. One I can't remember and the other is 92395. I did see that other parts of Victorville also share the 92395 code as well. Which zip code are you referring to?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:52 PM

3 posts, read 37,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertrose34 View Post
I agree with most of what PRO said. And I was sitting here chuckling too. I do take 1 exception to one spot in Victorville though, Spring Valley Lake! That is where we are buying. It is off Bear Valley Road, cross streets are spring valley pkway and ridgecrest. Be careful though, anything to the left of ridgecrest is NOT SVL, you need to look to the right.
I know Spring Valley Lake is a good place, but the house price is a bit over my budget. Last weekend the real estate agent told me Eagle Ranch is a good place and no Mello Roos fee, has anyone heard about this area?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 AM

Your agent is pulling your leg. Eagle Ranch used to be nice but I heard it has not been that way for quite some time. I will defer to let others tell you though as I don't hang around that section of have 1st hand experience.

We are getting a 2600 sq ft house for $170,000 in SVL. It is very nice. I have seen smaller homes for less and some even as low as $100,000.

What is your budget? What are you looking for? Bedrooms, bathrooms, sq ft, etc?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:58 AM

I just did a quick google search. See the crime stats at the bottom?

link

Old 05-20-2009, 07:04 AM

Stay away from Eagle Ranch too, again your best bet is SVL, Hesperia BY THE FWY and Oak Hills. If SVL has a home like desertrose was stating @ 170,000 that's good. What is your budget...because in the HD that selects were you purchase. And please, please be careful with mello roos. They seem to be getting worse up there daily!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties