Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Housing Price - Victorville, Apple Valley, CA - Direction
Price will go up 1 8.33%
Price will stay the same 4 33.33%
Price will go down 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:05 PM

25 posts, read 92,765 times

Advertisements

Where do you think housing prices is headed in the Victorville, Apple Valley area? I know there is still a lot of foreclosures/short sales on the market. Do you think the prices have stabilized? Do you think there will be more pain? How long before bottom? What percentage decrease do you think is still possible?

Any locals that can chime in? Prices are low now, but are they low enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 04:26 PM

113 posts, read 427,692 times
Default Down it goes...

Old 07-29-2009, 02:59 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,926 times
Where do you think housing prices is headed in the Victorville, Apple Valley area? They will drop some more. And won't go back up for around five to ten years.
Do you think the prices have stabilized? I still believe there is going to be a high flex in the stabilization for the HD.
Do you think there will be more pain? Yes
How long before bottom? Probably not until end of next year, or around re-election time for the governator!!
What percentage decrease do you think is still possible? 4-8%
Prices are low now, but are they low enough? In some cases yes, in other no still growing pains. Or shall I say recession pains.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,558 times
During hyperinflation which is where we are headed in the next 4 years money goes into hard assets and tangibles like commodities, gold, silver, food etc but I believe since the housing market is 6 years into the after crash we may be finding a bottom in the next 3-12 months.

Bottom pickers only get smelly fingers as one stock market guru told me. Now is the time to be looking if you have the cash or a secure job where the industry you are in is growing.

House prices may drop a bit further 5-10% but if you plan on holding for 5-10 years prices should flatten and then head higher at smart money finds it way into house in the country and desert areas.

People tend to move out of the big cities like Los Angeles and into areas less dangerous and stressful.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAStreetPreacher View Post
During hyperinflation which is where we are headed in the next 4 years money goes into hard assets and tangibles like commodities, gold, silver, food etc but I believe since the housing market is 6 years into the after crash we may be finding a bottom in the next 3-12 months.

Bottom pickers only get smelly fingers as one stock market guru told me. Now is the time to be looking if you have the cash or a secure job where the industry you are in is growing.

House prices may drop a bit further 5-10% but if you plan on holding for 5-10 years prices should flatten and then head higher at smart money finds it way into house in the country and desert areas.

People tend to move out of the big cities like Los Angeles and into areas less dangerous and stressful.
Trash from San Bernardino and LA is also moving into the High Desert.

Just read the Victorville Daily Press on a regular basis and you'll see story after story of gangbangers and other criminals from "down the hill ( LA)" who are arrested for local crimes.

I've seen plenty of people in the last year or so around the High Desert with gang tattoos from Los Angeles.

BTW the prices are still dropping, a large percentage of the High Desert's population commutes to work in LA, Orange, Riverside and elsewhere in SB Counties and with the price of gas going back up it's getting expensive for alot of people.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM

469 posts, read 913,382 times
Wasnt that long ago that youtube had videos of new houses being destroyed in VV. Value will drop big in the Victor Valley. The prisons and the failed SCLA were the death nail for this area. I just dont see it recovering. VV has developed such a bad reputation for crime and gang violence no one wants to buy a house. Nothing like 3-4 families of illegals crammed in one house to drive the value down the drain. Sell while you can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties