U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 05:01 PM

18 posts, read 94,421 times

Advertisements

I am scheduled to move to the Indio/Palm Desert area next year from the SF Bay area. I can't wait since I hate Bay area weather. I know these communities are near the Mojave Desert and I love the heat. I checked out the average temperatures of these towns on this website and was shocked to see that the average temperature of these areas is around 70 degrees in the winter. Is it actually that warm in the winter down there or is this just an exaggeration?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 06:05 PM

8,092 posts, read 14,349,311 times
Not an exaggeration at all.
I can recall several times I've run the AC on Christmas.
But it can still get very very chilly after the sun goes down.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:17 PM

15,607 posts, read 38,737,905 times
Heck, it's even in the 80's during winter here a lot of times.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:36 AM

130 posts, read 276,757 times
Average means - maybe 50 at night - 80 during the day - but it does get pretty cool as in coat weather and your blood thins a little so it seems colder than it is. What do you hate about the Bay Area weather because I lived there for 20 years so I could do a pretty accurate comparison

Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM

18 posts, read 94,421 times
Hey LivingintheDesert,

I hate what I'm seeing now. It's been in the mid-40's for the last month and there is NO sunshine at all. I live in Walnut Creek, and since you lived in the Bay Area for 20 years, you know where that is. And you know how cold it gets during the fall and winter. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd love to live in an area in California that is warm all year round because I love the heat. And since I'm scheduled to move to Riverside Co. (assuming the recession doesn't worsen) to accept a new job anyways, I thought I'd inquire about the weather.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,861,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tferriday View Post
Hey LivingintheDesert,

I hate what I'm seeing now. It's been in the mid-40's for the last month and there is NO sunshine at all. I live in Walnut Creek, and since you lived in the Bay Area for 20 years, you know where that is. And you know how cold it gets during the fall and winter. I guess what I'm saying is that I'd love to live in an area in California that is warm all year round because I love the heat. And since I'm scheduled to move to Riverside Co. (assuming the recession doesn't worsen) to accept a new job anyways, I thought I'd inquire about the weather.
I was in San Jose for 3 weeks, Dec. 18-Jan 9 and it was in the 60's the whole time with plenty of sunshine. I guess Walnut Creek is different....

Old 01-12-2010, 03:52 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,685,365 times
Winters are nice but short lived. In winter, it can get down to 30`s for a low. It kind of surprised me.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:13 PM

130 posts, read 276,757 times
It is funny because weather in the bay area is generally thought of as some of the best in the world. Sunset zone is similar to that of the mediteranean - but since I have been back it has seemed too cold to me as well. I love the heat of the desert. The 120 doesn't bother me because I just go out in the evening and enjoy the bbq and pool. Lots of blue skys and sunshine here if you love the heat - as I do - you will love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties