Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times

Advertisements

Hey, no problem. My only concern would be getting into Temecula/Murrieta for the price your looking for. Although, the market has MAJORLY gone down since we left, so maybe you can.
There are some nice subdivisions in Lake Elsinore, but in general I wouldn't recommend it, if aesthetics are important to you. Also, schools are MUCH better in Temecula/Murrieta.
As far as heat goes, the further south you go, the closer you are to the "Rainbow Pass", which is where the cooler Pacific breezes blow in. Temecula stays cooler than Murrieta, Murrieta cooler than Wildomar and Menifee, those 2 cooler than Lake Elsinore or Perris..or Romoland...these cooler than Hemet...you get the picture.
If you can get a place you can afford, the part of town I would recommend is along 79 South in Temecula...that is the south side of town, the coolest in tempuratures and the most pictureesque. However, in general more expensive.
Again, Good luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 10:29 AM

491 posts, read 2,290,504 times
There are 62 properties under 300K in Temecula alone in realtor.com - mostly condos. A few smaller, older single-family homes. So it's definitely do-able.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:44 PM

193 posts, read 1,402,986 times
I don't know where all these "hicks" are in Wildomar. In my neighboorhood there aren't any. Mostly professional families in the 30-45 range with some retirees. It would actually be a pleasant change to see some hicks in Lake Elsinore...all I see there are illegal Mexicans.

Old 05-05-2007, 10:24 AM

56 posts, read 165,619 times
CantWait2Bthere, I've just got to ask, why do you say such gross things about other women? It's just disrespectful.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 PM

9 posts, read 52,141 times
Thanks for the info about the properties in realtor.com I'll have to check that out!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:11 AM

What things are you refering to? Gross things about other women?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 52,141 times
it's all good: just wanted you to know that I didn't take any offense what cantwait2bthere said about women. i even happen to be one of those women that they are talking about - w/ the enhancements they were talking about. i just don't "sweat the small stuff". who really cares what other people think anyway! i'm not trying to say that you shouldn't have an opinion, but just wanted you to know that i didn't take any offense to it. i actually thought their choice of wording was rather poetic in a way and got a really good laugh out of it! ya gotta admit it was pretty funny no biggy...

Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 AM

4 posts, read 10,774 times
The old Wildomar was very hicksville, not so anymore!! I have been amazed at how fast Wildomar has changed, I love the 1/2 acre developments, but thats way out of ccsbro's price range. Your going to need a realtor thats got experiance in this area to help find a deal in your price range. Oppurtunities in foreclosures and short sales are out there, but you need an experianced agent. I find that the smaller homes, (1700sq ft) are older and maybe not so nice. Homes here are all about the square footage 2500- 3500 seem like the new norm.You may want to look in Canyon Lake, too.
I have lived in Menifee for 6 years, on 1.25 acre in the JBar Ranch development. We have not seen prices drop, but houses are not selling either. The Farm is manufactured homes, might be oaky if you found a deal, but I wouldn't for long term with kids, kids are hard on them and they fall apart. Mobiles and Manufactured homes are only holding value because homes are so expensive here.
I would try to wait for a real price drop in the market, and make sure your husband has a secure postion before moving, the construction market is changing. Temecula is a great place for high end product, though!
Good Luck!!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM

To all women with better looking boobs than me...I apologize for my description of the standard upper middle class female of SoCal. But it's not like this is news to the rest of America...I mean just watch the O.C. of Desperate Housewives. LOL I'm just waiting for Botox to come down in price. Then I am next in line.

Thanks CCSbro for being able to see the intended humor of my post. I really do try to be helpful when I post comments here...and I think the way to do that is to give folks a mental picture of what they might encounter here. We Southern Californians are a crazy bunch and don't always make good bedfellows with others that come from states with less pretentious attitudes. It is one of the reasons why many are flocking out of California. Not everyone who wants out is too broke to live here. Some of us would just like a slower pace of life where the beauty of nature, not strip malls and bumper to bumper traffic makes up the landscape.

All of us mothers just want to find the better place to raise our kids and make memories with our families. I have lived in So Cal all my life and I would like to see what else is out there. And I know there are plenty of good reasons why other moms would like to have their families come to California.

That is what is so cool about life-it gives you a taste of various experiences at different times in different places. And for people who choose to relocate their families it's like going to Disneyland where people wait their turn to go on different rides. I have had my ride on the Spinning Teacups...now it's someone else's turn. I am ready for something more "kick back" and something new for me to be discovered like the Alice in Wonderland ride.

At the end of the day we all just want be happy. Dare I say it?....it's a small world after all.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:06 PM

56 posts, read 165,619 times
That sounds more like it, Can'tWait2BThere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties