Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:12 AM

43 posts, read 312,045 times

Advertisements

Being 2000 miles away you will find the low desert (Coachella valley) summers unberable, 110 degrees+. A slightly cooler and closer bet would be Banning, Baumont, Calimesa or Yucaipa. However the the crime rates aren't going to be much better than San Bernardino.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 08:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
Fuzzie, the desert gets pretty hot during summer, but you get used to it. Most people are indoors anyway during summer and everyone has air condititioning. Also, it is a dry heat. We don't have humidity. If you want a beautiful, SAFE place to live, you should consider the desert. People from all over the world come to the Coachella Valley for its beauty and gorgeous weather 9 months out of the year.

The Desert Area MLS is the Multiple Listing Service for the Coachella Valley.

I would recommend you check out Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, La Quinta or Indian Wells. You will most likely want to stay away from Desert Hot Springs, Indio and Cathedral City, although parts of Indio are actually pretty nice because they are in the process of revitalizing the area. Some parts of Cathedral City can be alright as well. Oh, and you might also want to check out Palm Springs, but there are parts of Palm Springs you will want to steer clear of too. If you check it out and have any questions about where the good areas are and what you should stay away from, I am just a PM away!

Old 05-06-2007, 05:02 PM

21 posts, read 96,757 times
Thanks very much. I definitely am considering the desert.
I should be set to move in a few months. You may be hearing from me then.
(If thats OK)?
Is the MLS on a website?
Thanks again!

Old 05-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Yes, hopefully I am allowed to post it. It is desertareamls.com

Just in case you need to know, the Coachella Valley is Riverside County. You can PM me any time and I am happy to help.

Old 05-11-2007, 11:57 PM

17 posts, read 80,932 times
I live in the coachella valley area and it is not fun. Lots of riff raff, gang territories in certain areas, crappy houses in the Thermal area, very hot in the summer, and most kids are into doing bad ****. Either some crime or alot of crime.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycool View Post
I live in the coachella valley area and it is not fun. Lots of riff raff, gang territories in certain areas, crappy houses in the Thermal area, very hot in the summer, and most kids are into doing bad ****. Either some crime or alot of crime.
You must be in DHS.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:45 AM

149 posts, read 1,019,502 times
I would suggest trying the Palm Springs rental listings on craigslist.com. I live in the desert too, it may be hot in the summer, but the rest of the year sure is nice.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,204 times
Default Moving to SB???

thinking about getting an apt across from paris hill park...what is that area like...its in San bernardino

Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 AM

11 posts, read 100,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
SB (city) is a hole. It has a higher murder rate than Compton (famous for "south central LA gangland killings"). Stay away...as far away as you can....
No it doesn't. It's not even close, where did u get that from? But San Bernardino is a pretty bad place though. Not something I would recommend.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM

San Bernardino is the largest county in the U.S. It has crappy places and it has nice places. San Bernardino proper is a place you may want to stay away from but there are other areas in San Bernardino county that are really nice. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. San Bernardino is just like any other place in America - it has its good and it has its bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties