Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:58 PM

7 posts, read 21,836 times

Advertisements

doesnt sound good...san bernardino isnt the greastest place to be..and for so cheap is a red flag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 02:35 PM

756 posts, read 2,574,400 times
Does it have to be San berdo? Some small mountian towns/cities may have small homes for sale... Arrowhead, Big Bear, Sugar Loaf.. are a few. The closer to the water the more expensive. Also some dessert cities Hemet, Quail Valley, Lake Perris or Lake Elsinore..
Good Luck!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:39 PM

20 posts, read 130,333 times
well i would be livin in crestline and just commuting when needed.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,502 times
OK ct-
I've lurked and read long enough. I've lived in 8 cities in 5 states over the last 30 years. Never did I put so much effort researching where to buy a home as when we took a transfer to come to SoCal.
There are decent places to rent that are close to, but not IN San Bernardino.
I realize that you won't be buying a home, but even having an address of San Bernardino on your license can raise eyebrows for anyone who knows it. You may very well pay higher insurance rates for living in this notoriously high crime area. Not to flame anyone from SB; I know its gotten better, but bad reputations are often deserved. Just read the local papers-Press Enterprise (best) and SB Sun(ok to fair)
Here's my suggestion: look into an apt in Grand Terrace, Colton(but only in the small area near the Ashley Furniture/RV complexes are good and surprisingly affordable). Also check out Loma Linda, Redlands, Mentone and Yucaipa. You won't have any traffic to fight to speak of coming from any of these cities. If you are employed in N. SanBerdo, you can start taking the new 30/210 to work next Tues when it opens. Hopefully this will take some of that crappy traffic off the 10 fwy!
As far as pollution, yeah, its bad. Simply exercise in the early morning hours just as the sun comes up. If you live in Redlands or Loma Linda, you won't fear for personal safety being out that time of day. In the mornings you can see the mountains clearly and the cool air is refreshing even on days that will get hotter later. In the winter, the days are much clearer (unless there's rain/snow clouds), and it is absolutely stunning to see the snow on the mountaintops while you enjoy the day without a jacket. SoCal can be a good place if you make an effort to appreciate it. That said, I am glad this is not my forever home. Retirement will take us elsewhere, but meanwhile, the money is what keeps us here. Good Luck

Old 07-22-2007, 02:27 PM

16 posts, read 90,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctguitarguy View Post
yea,i mean im a bit intimidated because ive basically been in Connecticut suburbia all my life,i mean yea ive been in Hartford,which is an absolute hole,but you can drive around the whole damn thing easy...not so over there..like ok right now i work at staples and the nearest one i found that was not at a college was on east highland ave,im using Google earth to check out the whole area,and this particular staples(if i decided to stay with the company mind you,im using this as an example) the one i located was on east highland ave. its located literally one big parking lot south of the actual freeway itself,and is 90% a highway drive,so would this location be ok? or am i already going to far south?
No you are alright don't worry about anything. Your out of the area that I mentioned.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:31 AM

40 posts, read 262,974 times
palm springs is fine except for raquet club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Fuzzie, the desert gets pretty hot during summer, but you get used to it. Most people are indoors anyway during summer and everyone has air condititioning. Also, it is a dry heat. We don't have humidity. If you want a beautiful, SAFE place to live, you should consider the desert. People from all over the world come to the Coachella Valley for its beauty and gorgeous weather 9 months out of the year.

The Desert Area MLS is the Multiple Listing Service for the Coachella Valley.

I would recommend you check out Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, La Quinta or Indian Wells. You will most likely want to stay away from Desert Hot Springs, Indio and Cathedral City, although parts of Indio are actually pretty nice because they are in the process of revitalizing the area. Some parts of Cathedral City can be alright as well. Oh, and you might also want to check out Palm Springs, but there are parts of Palm Springs you will want to steer clear of too. If you check it out and have any questions about where the good areas are and what you should stay away from, I am just a PM away!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
"palm springs is fine except for raquet club"

What does that mean?????

Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 PM

215 posts, read 985,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
"palm springs is fine except for raquet club"

What does that mean?????
it means you have to be gay to live there

Old 10-31-2007, 11:33 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,027,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booz30 View Post
it means you have to be gay to live there
Yeah, we're all gay here. You must all be pedophiles where you are.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 AM

113 posts, read 427,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzduckie View Post
I'm low income. I found 2 small houses in San Bernardino that were $550.00/month and the other was $600.00/month.
Which is great!!! I want a small house or cottage type of place.
But there must be a catch...Why so cheap? Is it a safe place?
Please, anything you can tell me would really be appreciated.
I live 2000 miles away, now.
its Ghetto there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties